• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

5 minutes ago, Adam said:
qui·nel·la
kwiˈnelə/
noun
  1. a bet in which the first two places in a race must be predicted, but not necessarily in the correct order.

ex·act·a
    iɡˈzaktə/
    noun
    NORTH AMERICAN
    1. a bet in which the first two places in a race must be predicted in the correct order.

Box.  When an Exacta becomes a Quinella.

Also, on a side note.  I don't know why horses don't get shipped more.  Looking at the Louisiana Derby probables.  Man what a weak field.

2017 Louisiana Derby (G2)

Date/Track:

Distance:
1 1/8 m (Dirt)

Age/Sex:
3 M

*Rank is current Power Ranking among all active horses, based on highest HRN rating. Rating is based on HRN member voting.

But then on the same day, you look at the Florida Derby probables.

2017 Florida Derby (G1)

Date/Track:
4/1/2017, Gulfstream Park

Distance:
1 1/8 m (Dirt)

Age/Sex:
3 M

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

Quinellas are a bit of a joke, Tank. A $2 quinella usually pays less than a $1 exacta. So it makes sense to play two different $1 exactas. 

I have just doubled my entire horse racing vocabulary. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Quinellas are a bit of a joke, Tank. A $2 quinella usually pays less than a $1 exacta. So it makes sense to play two different $1 exactas. 

I could never understand why they kept quinellas around, especially. after the inception of $1 exactas. I don't think I have ever bet one.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Classic Empire headed back from 5/8s Gate work at Winding Oaks 59.3 1:13 under @JulienLeparoux @DRFDerby @DRFPrivman @BloodHorse

The picture gets muddier. With no Japan horse it opens up another slot. Could be a year with less than 20?

Three Rules in the Florida means he still has a chance to come through for you GB.

9 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

The picture gets muddier. With no Japan horse it opens up another slot. Could be a year with less than 20?

Three Rules in the Florida means he still has a chance to come through for you GB.

I'm hoping Three Rules runs big. 

Also, with the Japan horse.  If Epicharis declines, then the offer goes to Mount St Leguime or however you spell it.  And if he declines, then Adirato.  If that horse declines, then no Japanese horse.  I just don't know when they have to commit. Would have to think it's soon, due to quarantine issues. 

20 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I'm hoping Three Rules runs big. 

Also, with the Japan horse.  If Epicharis declines, then the offer goes to Mount St Leguime or however you spell it.  And if he declines, then Adirato.  If that horse declines, then no Japanese horse.  I just don't know when they have to commit. Would have to think it's soon, due to quarantine issues. 

Japanese runner in Kentucky Derby unlikely

http://www.drf.com/news/japanese-runner-kentucky-derby-unlikely

On 3/28/2017 at 0:29 PM, Homebrewer said:

The Bluegrass in a couple of weeks is already shaping up into a nice race.

It's Your Nickel K. McPeek Probable    
Tapwrit T. Pletcher Probable    
Lookin At Lee S. Asmussen Probable    
J Boys Echo D. Romans Probable    
McCraken I. Wilkes Probable    

Sounds like Practical Joke is heading to the BlueGrass instead of the Florida Derby.  I guess it makes sense.  He really only needs to finish 4th to get above 40 points.  In a 6 horse field, it shouldn't be a problem for him. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Sounds like Practical Joke is heading to the BlueGrass instead of the Florida Derby.  I guess it makes sense.  He really only needs to finish 4th to get above 40 points.  In a 6 horse field, it shouldn't be a problem for him. 

Shaping into a race that should answer a lot of questions..or maybe raise some new ones.