• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

In the Spiral, I'll keep it super simple. Kitten's Cat is going to take a lot of money. His real odds will be like 9-5. I prefer the horse to his outside, Parlor who will likely be 2nd choice at 3-1/7-2. Kitten's Cat is an 85 BSF horse. You know exactly what you're going to get. In his last on turf he flattened in the lane. I don't think the extra 16th is going to help him much. Parlor is lightly raced and was impressive in his first start as a 3YO. He has every reason to improve second off the layoff. I like his dirt form as well.

$10 WPS #9

Giant Payday, Colonel Samson both look interesting underneath. Should be running late.

9/5,6,8

Turfway Race 10

• 1 Blueridge Traveler - moving up in class  Took 4 tries to break his maiden.  Won by a head in last, with the same rider.
  • 2 Soglio - First time on dirt.  Only win was a maiden, but he has been close every other time.  Moving up in class.  Exotics
  • 3 Fast and Accurate - won last two, last being a stakes.  But last was on turf, and the one prior was on artificial where he broke his maiden.  Questionable.
  • 4 Convict Pike - 5 tries to break his maiden.  Won at a shorter distance.  Ran a stakes at a longer distance and was caught at the end.  Might be better at 7 f/mile.  Extra furlong might be too much for him.  But would keep in the 3/4 slot.
  • 5 Colonel Sampson - won on artificial in a stakes race.  But since has not done much. 
  • 6 Giant Payday - Won twice in a maiden back to back.  Ran in a G3 last out and finished 5th. 
  • 7 Shiraz - Won in a maiden on a shorter turf race.  hasn't done anything since.  Pass
  • 8 Kittens Cat - is a turf runner.  Saez comes out to continue to ride him. Was close last out, and won in a stakes 2 out.  Contender
  • 9 Parlor - won last out in a OC.  in 3 career races, won or finished a head out.  Contender
  • 10 Bronson - won on the slop last out while stretching out for the first time.  moving up in class.  exotics 3/4 slot.
  • 11 King and His Court - Finished a distant 9th last out in a G3.  But it was on the dirt.  The previous 2 times, he won, on the artificial.  Contender
  • 12 En Hanse - Ever time he runs a mile, he finishes far back.  Pass

Bets Total $94.80

• $10 Win 8,9,11 $30
  • $2 Exacta 8, 9, 11/8, 9, 11, 2 $18
  • $1 Trifecta 8, 9, 11/8, 9, 11, 2/8, 9, 11, 2, 4, 10 $36
  • $0.10 Superfecta 8, 9, 11/8, 9, 11, 2/8, 9, 11, 2, 4, 10 $10.80

Dubai, World Cup.

Race 9

• 9 Arrogate Just his race to lose
  • 5 Gun Runner only once out of the money. Always tries in graded stakes company.  Might be worth putting a 9/5 exacta and a 9/all/5 trifecta down.
  • 7 Awardee.  Finished in the money in every race he ran. 
  • 13 Special Fighter.  Looks to be the most consistent Dubai runner.  Finished 4th in last years World Cup.  This will be second off a layoff, where he finished 2nd by 4 1/2 lengths after almost a year layoff.
  • 14 Mubtaahij.  He's back on his home turf.  He finished second last year.  And has been top 4 in the last 4, but has  not won in a long while. 
  • 8 Furia Cruzada - There is something about this horse.  I don't remember what it was, but the name sounds really familiar.  But he won here 2 back in a G2, and came in third last in a G1.  Has a shot at the 3/4 position. 
    • Exacta 9/5, 7, 13 $3, Tri 9/5, 7, 13/5, 7, 13, 14, 8 $12, super 9/5, 7, 13/5, 7, 13, 14, 8  $3.60 Just my guesses.  But to lighten the bet, might go a 9/5,7 exacta and trifecta. 
    • Exacta 9/5, 7 $2, Tri 9/5, 7/5, 7, 13, 14, 8 $8, super 9/5, 7, 13/5, 7, 13, 14, 8  $3.60 Just my guesses. 
Edited by gotbeer

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

So...It's pretty clear he's the best horse in the racing world. The conversation now has to turn to how Arrogate ranks among the all-time greats.

Looking at the history of the Breeders Cup.  From what I can tell, Tiznow is the only repeat winner.  That would be a start. 

24 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Looking at the history of the Breeders Cup.  From what I can tell, Tiznow is the only repeat winner.  That would be a start. 

I'm sure the connections are already looking at next November at Del Mar. They will probably mark that one down in ink..and plan backwards with a pencil for prep/exhibition races leading up to it.

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

I'm sure the connections are already looking at next November at Del Mar. They will probably mark that one down in ink..and plan backwards with a pencil for prep/exhibition races leading up to it.

From what I heard from TVG.  Break till Pacific Classic, and one race at SA.  Then BC Classic.

23 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

That's a 4 month + layoff. He's a great horse but 4 months?

That's what they said on TVG, is that he's been going nonstop.  BC, Pegasus, Dubai.  But looking at his form.  Yeah, I agree.  It's not been that taxing.  According to Brisnet.  april, then June, then June again, then August, then August again, then November, then January, then March.  Seabiscuit would shit on that taxing schedule and say see you in 2 weeks after racing today.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Baffert trains horses hard. Layoff will be no problem. He'll probably retire after Pegasus. Glad I'll get to see him again.

flattered Chromes BC effort today

i'm having lunch with him on tuesday. you should join us.

This may become one of the strangest fields for the Derby.  A horse that took 4 tries to break his maiden, and is now a 2 for 6 is in the Derby.  Hence at Sundland. 

Here is the point standings as of Saturday.  Hence should be listed at 50 points.  .  Highlighted Mastery and Epichris since they look to be out of the Derby.  Also, while I think it's the wrong decision.  Looks like Epicharis is looking toward Pimlico or Belmont.  Something about the quaranteen procedure, and they don't think he'll be ready for the Kentucky.  Sounds like a cop out.  If Thunder Snow can be ready, Epicharis should be ready too.

Rank
Horse Points
1 Thunder Snow 100
2 Gunnevera 64
3 Mastery 60
4 Tapwrit 54
5 J Boys Echo 53
6 Girvin 50
  Malagacy 50
9 Epicharis 40
10 Practical Joke 34
  Untrapped 34
12 Classic Empire 32
13 El Areeb 30
14 Gormley 25
15 State of Honor 22
16 McCraken 20
  Illiad 20
  Sonneteer 20
  Master Plan 20

McKracken had an amazing work today per the clockers. He officially worked 6F in 1:13, BUT he ran out a mile in 1:38 which is pretty fast for a work. Bruno says he looked "amazing." 

He's really the only one, who if he shows up fit, is one you can count on to be right there turning for home. But probably at 5-2

13 hours ago, Tank said:

thanks, i think.

who/what is quinella?

qui·nel·la
kwiˈnelə/
noun
  1. a bet in which the first two places in a race must be predicted, but not necessarily in the correct order.

ex·act·a
    iɡˈzaktə/
    noun
    NORTH AMERICAN
    1. a bet in which the first two places in a race must be predicted in the correct order.

28 minutes ago, Adam said:

McKracken had an amazing work today per the clockers. He officially worked 6F in 1:13, BUT he ran out a mile in 1:38 which is pretty fast for a work. Bruno says he looked "amazing." 

He's really the only one, who if he shows up fit, is one you can count on to be right there turning for home. But probably at 5-2

2017 Blue Grass Stakes (G2)

Date/Track:

4/8/2017, Keeneland

Distance:
1 1/8 m (Dirt)

Age/Sex:
3 M

*Rank is current Power Ranking among all active horses, based on highest HRN rating. Rating is based on HRN member voting.

If this is the field.  Should be a workout for him.