• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Don't recall Bibby.

Ladies Turf Sprint on Pegasus Day at Gulfstream..I knew I recognized the name. Didn't run much that day, and didn't today either.

She was in for the $100,000 tag in the allowance/ optional claimer I looked at today at GP..didn't bet Bibby but I did play the race, and lost. I had the horses, just wasn't willing to spread (spend)enough to cover all the logical winners..it was another race where the better horses were drawn outside with that short run to the turn in a 2 turn race. If they fixed that problem, and it's a big problem..it would greatly improve the racing down there..

Even with the shitty configuration, and the confusing run-up issues, they sure are getting a lot of good races this year, don't remember GP being this inviting in past years. Stronach is going all out to get some attention down there.

Just now, gotbeer said:

yes, we all suck

completely.

I was out of my P4 in leg 1, but it didn't matter, because the only race I hit was -2 from the all button.

Not one race went even close to form there..

I had a meeting today that started late and ran over...it's still going...I ran out to get on my computer and watch this one.

So no time to bet anything else...thankfully.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

The 1???

I know, huh..

Nothing I saw there today would make me want to go back and play that track anytime soon...maybe you need some kind of inside/local knowledge there, but every race I watched was way off of any kind of form that I could predict.

Avalanche Journal: Somebody out there probably was playing his last Colorado home game

Another home stretch. Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson returned to the lineup against the Sabres after recovering from the broken fibula he suffered against Dallas on Dec. 3. He had an assist and played 17:35.

“I felt I’d be in the 16- to 18-minute zone,” he said. “I’m just happy that I could come back and feel good and get back out there with the guys because sitting out is the worst thing. . . It’s kind of about what I expected. I figured I’d be rusty. It’s almost like coming off a summer break and into the season.”

Earlier in the day, Shane’s Girlfriend, the 3-year-old filly Johnson co-owns, went off as the 7-5 favorite in the Grade 2 Rachel Alexandra Stakes at the Fair Grounds in New Orleans, but ran fifth in the field of seven in the $200,000 race considered to be a Kentucky Oaks prep. Shane’s Girlfriend, trained by Doug O’Neill and ridden by Mario Gutierrez, was bumped at the break of the 1 1/16th-mile race and had a wide trip. Farrell, trained by Wayne Catalano, won the race by 3 1/2 lengths.

Despite the fifth-place finish Saturday, Shane’s Girlfriend has earned $299,200 in four starts. As a 2-year-old, she won a maiden race at Santa Anita on Oct. 28 in her first start, then was first by a staggering 13 1/4 lengths in the $400,000 Princess Stakes at Delta Downs on Nov. 19. She opened her 3-year-old campaign with a third place in the Santa Ynez Stakes at Santa Anita on Jan. 8. As ERJ Racing, Johnson shares ownership of Shane’s Girlfriend with Dennis O’Neill and W.C. Racing.

Early horses that look to be going for the Fountain of Youth.  Fuck.  Three Rules, Practical Joke, and Made You Look.  I have futures on all of them.  Hopefully they finish 1-2-3.  But this is me we are talking about so they will finish 1-2-3 at the other end of the board.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

I can't believe anyone would bet a horse at less than 25-1 in a future book for the derby. The only value I saw was the Japanese horse and Local Hero. Petrov too

You can bet exactas, which I didn't know until recently. An exacta with the field, if made early enough, could be a nice score. 

I'm curious is Classic Empire is gonna show up at Santa Anita.

I'm fine with McCracken missing. Of course, I don't have a future bet on him aside from a $2 exacta. That said, his issue seems minor and provided he runs well at Keeneland, he should be fine. If you like him it would probably be best if he ran a good 3rd at Keeneland. Then you could get 8-1 or better in May.

Did a first pass at the late pick 4 - races 10-13

Race 10 - the logical horses have big question marks. Layoffs. Trainers who aren't exactly known for graded stakes on dirt. I like 12 Pretty City Dancer quite a bit. I'm really interested in 14 Champagne Problems. Wants two turns badly. Shows talent at 2 and got a race under her belt. Watching the replay, she was running well late and should be closer to the pace this time. I'll probably also use 9 Eloquent Riddle. 

Race 11 - I'll be really surprised if 3 Heart to Heart doesn't win. Should get an easy lead and cruise home. I'd probably use 2 Projected making his first US start for Brown if I added a horse.

Race 12 - Another tough race. Going deep but I do like 7 Bigger Picture who beat some of these at the distance at Aqueduct last year. 6-1 or better and I'm all over it. I'll like use the 1,4,5,6 in my pick 4.

Race 13 - 2 Gunnevera gets a much better set up and 8 Irish War Cry gets a far worse one than in the Holy Bull. Only those 2 for me. Practical Joke is a one turn horse IMO.