• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

Mineshaft H. (G3)

Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, Saturday, February 25, 2017, Race 8
  • 1 1/16m
  • Dirt
  • $125,000
  • 4 yo's & up
  • 3:39 PM (local)
PP Horse Jockey Wgt Trainer M/L
1 1Rise Up (KY) Mitchell Murrill 116 Thomas M. Amoss 10/1
2 2Eagle (KY) Brian Joseph Hernandez, Jr. 118 Neil J. Howard 5/2
3 3December Seven (KY) James Graham 114 Paul J. McGee 8/1
4 4Dalmore (FL) Kent J. Desormeaux 118 J. Keith Desormeaux 6/1
5 5Mo Tom (KY) Florent Geroux 116 Thomas M. Amoss 5/1
6 6Dazzling Gem (KY) Robby Albarado 118 Brad H. Cox 5/1
7 7Honorable Duty (KY) Julien R. Leparoux 118 Brendan P. Walsh 8/1
8 8International Star (NY) Miguel Mena 118 Michael J. Maker 4/1

Rachel Alexandra S. (G2)

Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, Saturday, February 25, 2017, Race 9
  • 1 1/16m
  • Dirt
  • $200,000
  • 3 yo Fillies
  • 4:06 PM (local)
1 1Untapped (KY) Florent Geroux 116 Steven M. Asmussen 9/2
2 2Farrell (KY) Channing Hill 122 Wayne M. Catalano 5/2
3 3Shane's Girlfriend (FL) Mario Gutierrez 120 Doug F. O'Neill 3/1
4 4Majestic Quality (KY) Kent J. Desormeaux 116 J. Keith Desormeaux 20/1
5 5Valadorna (KY) Julien R. Leparoux 116 Mark E. Casse 2/1
6 6Wicked Lick (KY) Brian Joseph Hernandez, Jr. 116 Brendan P. Walsh 10/1
7 7Gris Gris (KY) James Graham 116 Bernard S. Flint 12/1

Fair Grounds H. (G3T)

Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, Saturday, February 25, 2017, Race 10
  • About 1 1/8m
  • Turf
  • $125,000
  • 4 yo's & up
  • 4:33 PM (local)
1 1Bullards Alley (KY) Marcelino Pedroza 116 Tim Glyshaw 12/1
2 2Greengrassofyoming (KY) Robby Albarado 118 Michael J. Maker 4/1
3 3Blame Angel (KY) Ricardo Santana, Jr. 115 Bobby C. Barnett 20/1
4 4One Mean Man (KY) Mario Gutierrez 116 Bernard S. Flint 12/1
5 5Granny's Kitten (PA) Miguel Mena 121 Michael J. Maker 3/1
6 6Enterprising (FL) Julien R. Leparoux 118 Michael J. Maker 6/1
7 7Golden Soul (KY) John R. Velazquez 115 Dallas Stewart 20/1
8 8Western Reserve (KY) Shaun Bridgmohan 118 Brad H. Cox 7/2
9 9Oscar Nominated (KY) Florent Geroux 120 Michael J. Maker 7/2

Risen Star S. (G2)

Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, Saturday, February 25, 2017, Race 11
  • 1 1/16m
  • Dirt
  • $400,000
  • 3 yo
  • 5:00 PM (local)
1 1Girvin (KY) Brian Joseph Hernandez, Jr. 116 Joe Sharp 6/1
2 2Untrapped (KY) Ricardo Santana, Jr. 116 Steven M. Asmussen 10/1
3 3Local Hero (KY) Florent Geroux 116 Steven M. Asmussen 4/1
4 4Arklow (KY) Shaun Bridgmohan 116 Brad H. Cox 15/1
5 5Shareholder Value (KY) Mitchell Murrill 116 Thomas M. Amoss 15/1
6 6Guest Suite (KY) Robby Albarado 120 Neil J. Howard 6/1
7 7U S Officer (KY) Jose Valdivia, Jr. 116 Danny Pish 20/1
8 8Cool Arrow (KY) Gabriel Saez 120 Joe Sharp 15/1
9 9Mo Town (KY) John R. Velazquez 122 Anthony W. Dutrow 7/2
10 10Takeoff (KY) Julien R. Leparoux 116 Mark E. Casse 10/1
11 11Sorry Erik (KY) Kent J. Desormeaux 116 J. Keith Desormeaux 30/1
12 12Horse Fly (KY) Miguel Mena 116 D. Wayne Lukas 30/1
13 13It's Your Nickel (KY) James Graham 116 Kenneth G. McPeek 30/1
14 14So Conflated (FL) Mario Gutierrez 120 Doug F. O'Neill 10/1

3 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

International Star in 2015, he did go on to race and win after that though..

I remember Eskendereya (sp?) being scratched as the favorite a few days before, and I don't think ever raced again..

I looked it up, and it was the Pharoah year.  Man, would have loved to see that race.  International Star was such a grinder.  Probably wouldn't have made a difference.  But still would have loved to have seen him give it a try.

Is the RCI’s new integrity compliance panel just another gimmick?

(excerpt)

So, we have a fan base that is distrustful of our sport and horsemen who think over half of their colleagues are cheating in a sport rampant with designer drugs. Many industry leaders are supportive of federal legislative efforts to address these issues.

RCI’s response: appoint another committee.

The new committee changes nothing. It does, however, reinforce the notion that regulators are unwilling to address the problems of integrity in a meaningful way.

Just imagine, soon some tracks will be racing under the banner of ‘Integrity Certification Compliance’ without having any out-of-competition testing. Horses will be prancing to the starting gate blood-doped or on any number of performance enhancing drugs.

Just like they do now.

Full article

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/articles/rcis-new-integrity-compliance-panel-just-another-gimmick/

1st time starter in race 8 at gulfstream. 11-1 right now. Obscure connections but very productive. Trainer wins 14% 1st out, 20% MSW and this jock/trainer combo is 31% $2.08 ROI since last year. Pretty nice works too. 

#5 Flying To Star

I have $3 in my account lol

Five Horses We’re Betting Saturday at Fair Grounds

February 24, 2017 | By Dustin Fabian

With six stakes races and two key preps for three-year-olds, Saturday’s card at the Fair Grounds is a great one to watch and play. And with top names like Mo Town, Eagle, Valadorna, Green Mask, International Star and Oscar Nominated, you won’t want to miss a moment of the action. Bet the races beginning at 1:30PM ET Saturday and be sure to check out the Fair Grounds’ Wager Menu, which includes an All-Stakes Pick 4, Rolling Pick 3’s and the Black Gold Jackpot Pick 5. 

Here are five horses I’m betting Saturday. Let us know who you like by tweeting @Xpressbet. 

Race 4 (2:51PM ET) – Maiden Special Weight - #4 Tweeting (9/2) 
So let’s start the brigade of ‘not favorites’ with a first-time starter in the fourth, #4 TWEETING. The public will hammer #3 Astrollinthepark, and probably deservedly so. She was bet heavily on debut, but was hindered by a bad start and wide trip that day. And she still finished 2nd! Not bad. Use her on your ticket. But protect her to my top pick, Tom Procter’s Tweeting. What do I like? Well, her pedigree is ideal for ‘win early’ chances. She’s a daughter of Uncle Mo, out of an AP Indy mare. And Tom Procter and Florent Geroux have teamed to win 3-of-8 races during the meet (and 7-of-14 in 2016/17). If she breaks running, she should get a great trip from just outside the chalk. 

Race 8 (4:39PM ET) – Mineshaft Handicap - #6 Dazzling Gem (5/1) 
From a pace perspective, I’m not quite sure what to make of this race. I can tell you that #1 Rise Up is going to send from his advantageous rail draw. And I think (think…) #4 Dalmore will be more forwardly placed. But I don’t trust either to hang late. And if they aren’t scorching up front, I have no expectation of #2 Eagle, #5 Mo Tom or #8 International Star to come running late. They’re talented horses, and all could win this, but they’re all entering this off long layoffs and probably need a start. You know who shouldn’t ‘need one’? #6 DAZZLING GEM. He was second last out behind the regarded Hawaakom (who went on to finish behind Gun Runner in Oaklawn’s Razorback) and continues to improve with more experience. He’s going to need the perfect trip, but it’s well within the realm of possibility. 

Race 9 (5:06PM ET) – Rachel Alexandra Stakes - #3 Shane’s Girlfriend (3/1) 
I may be in the minority, but I’m begging the morning line favorite, #5 Valadorna, to beat me. Especially at 2/1. Let’s make one thing perfectly clear – last year’s Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies was an abysmal race. The winner, Champagne Room, deserved to be crowned Champion 2YO Filly. But that’s about it. The best filly out of this crop, by a significant margin, is Unique Bella. At this point, there isn’t even a #2. So forgive me, but I’m not too gaga over Valadorna, who closed decently in the Breeders’ Cup to miss by ¾-length. She hasn’t broken the 77 Beyer plateau and #3 SHANE’S GIRLFRIEND notched a 95 when she trounced the competition in Delta Downs’ Princess two starts ago. If she runs even close to what she did that day, they’re all racing for second this weekend. 

Race 10 (5:33PM ET) – Fair Grounds Handicap - #8 Western Reserve (7/2) 
It’s tough to envision a scenario (any scenario) where this isn’t a nail-biter. And in a dogfight, I like the idea of having #8 WESTERN RESERVE in my corner. In his US turf races, he’s 8 – 2 – 3 – 2. And he hasn’t been beaten more than a length in over a year. He knows how to find himself in contention late, and it’ll be up to Shaun Bridgmohan to slam the door on this field. From a good outside draw, where he can stalk and pounce, I’m excited for his chances. 

Race 11 (6:00PM ET) – Risen Star Stakes - #6 Guest Suite (6/1) 
So, let’s assume that #9 Mo Town is going to take most of the action. He’s 7/2 on the morning line, but as the reigning Remsen winner, he brings significant clout with him to Saturday’s race at the Fair Grounds. For me, that win is where the intrigue ends. Last year’s Remsen isn’t stacking up as a historically significant affair. No Dozing (2nd in the Remsen) was a no-show 6th in the Sam F. Davis and Takaful (3rd in the Remsen) rebounded to finish a tiring 7th in the Jerome. So maybe the Remsen wasn’t exactly an A+ affair. Plus, the horse that Mo Town beat in his maiden score, Everybodyluvsrudy, was 5th in the Jerome and a non-threatening 2nd in Laurel’s Miracle Wood. What am I try to say? I don’t think Mo Town has locked horns with the best of his generation. And since this is his first start off the pine, with greater goals this spring in mind, I’m playing against. My pick is #6 GUEST SUITE. The Neil Howard-trained son of Quality Road has a cozy draw and should track this speed-laden field from mid-pack. He was 2.80/1 when he won last month’s LeComte Stakes here and would be a steal at Saturday’s generous 6/1 morning line price. 

Fountain of Youth Day Promises to be a Bettor’s Bonanza 

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 by Xpressbet Race Chat Host Brian Nadeau 

If you’re a handicapper who relishes deep fields full of value and giant wagering pools, you’ve had March 4 circled on your calendar for quite a long time. Fountain of Youth Day at Gulfstream Park may have gotten lost in the shuffle between the inaugural January 28 Pegasus World Cup and the April 2 Florida Derby, but make no mistake about it, with nine stakes, eight of them graded, it figures to be the clubhouse favorite for the best betting day of the year. 

For a lot of different reasons, Gulfstream does it right. Say what you will about the unnecessary amount of mid-week races, but Saturday’s in Hallandale Beach do not disappoint. The two Pk5s offer huge pools, the Rainbow 6 is usually ripe with a solid carryover and, the best part of all, Gulfstream sneaks in an extra Pk4 to go with the early and late one, when there are 12 races on the card. With turf racing at a premium, it’s not unheard of to see a Pk4 with 40-45 individual betting interests, which, in turn, results in giant pools that will far exceed the guaranteed minimums they will offer. As a handicapper, you obviously need to pick your spots, identify a few key horses and strike when you feel you are getting the best of it, especially when things can get away from you in a hurry. 

In addition to relishing big racing days because of the excitement and lush betting pools they provide, I think it’s also a benefit when you have a bunch of proven stakes horses to handicap, as they are the types most likely to keep their form. To return to my earlier point, when you card 11 races on a Wednesday or Thursday, the majority of them are going to be cookie cutter, bottom of the ladder claimers, and it’s a hell of a lot harder to trust a 6.25k claimer on the dirt or a 16k claimer on the turf, than it is to trust a multiple GIII winner. 
The card itself figures to be awesome, with the GII main event highlighting the proceedings and showcasing the budding talent that is Irish War Cry, who looked so good drubbing everyone else, including champion Classic Empire, in the local GII Holy Bull last month. But there’s also the GII Davona Dale for the 3-year-old fillies and six, yes six, turf stakes, which means deep and competitive fields where you could have favorites the 9-2 range. 

If you have the good fortune to be in sunny South Florida in a few weeks, make your way over to Gulfstream for one of the best betting days of the year. But regardless, make sure you take the rubber band off the bankroll wherever you are and send it in, as you’ll never get as much bang for your buck as you will March 4. 

Here are my thoughts.

• 1 -  was close on turf last out.  Won on the dirt at 6 f breaking his maiden
  • 2 -  finished close in the slop last out. 
  • 3 - won last out breaking his maiden. 
  • 4 - was close last 2 out at fairgrounds.
  • 5 - was close last out in the slop at fairgrounds.  won at a lower level 2 out.
  • 6 - won in the slop last out at fairgrounds.  Won 3 of last 4, the loss coming against McCraken.  Contender.
  • 7 - 2 month layoff.  Coming from lower tracks.  In a grade 3 at Churchill finished 18 lengths out.  Toss
  • 8 - won 3 out of last 4 at lower tracks. The loss coming at Churchill by 2 1/2 lengths.   2 month layoff.  toss
  • 9 - 3 month layoff.  Won 2 out of 3, including a G2.  Should be in the money.
  • 10 - broke his maiden at FG on his third try.  Finished a close 3rd in the slop in a g3. 
  • 11 - won his last 2 at Santa Anita.  Desourmoux/Desourmoux.  Dangerous and great odds.  Live longshot.
  • 12 - won last, breaking his maiden on the 6th try.  toss
  • 13 - won on the turf to break his maiden 2 out.  came a close second last out at a much lower company.
  • 14 - won last out on the artificial in a stakes.  gutierez/oneil combo.  exotics.

Overall, looking at the 6 Guest Suite on top.  9 Mo Town 11 Sorry Erik and 14 So Conflated.

Bets

$5 Exacta 6, 9 with 6, 9, 11, 14 $30

$2 Trifecta 69 with 6, 9, 11, 14 $24

$4 WPS #11 $24

$2 W #11 $2

$10 W #9 $20

Total $100

23 minutes ago, Adam said:

Guys, So Conflated (14) is supposed to Scratch and point to Gotham

He was more my question mark.  So that's a good thing.

No 14

Bets

$10 Exacta 6, 9 with 6, 9, 11 $40

$4 Trifecta 69 with 6, 9, 11 $8

$5 WPS #11 $30

$2 W #11 $2

$10 W #9 $20

Total $100

Interesting race today a Gulfstream...$100,000 claimers? Don't see that too often.

Race #9 1:32 pm

Conditions: Show|Hide
7 1/2F Turf Firm
As of: 2/24/2017 10:50AM

FOR FILLIES AND MARES FOUR YEARS OLD AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON THREE RACES OTHER THAN MAIDEN, CLAIMING, STARTER, RESTRICTED ALLOWANCE OR RESTRICTED STAKE OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON FOUR RACES OR WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE SINCE SEPTEMBER 24 OR OPTIONAL CLAIMING PRICE OF $100,000. Weight, 123 lbs. Non-winners of a race since January 24 Allowed 2 lbs. Claiming Price $100,000 (Races Where Entered For $75,000 Or Less Not Considered In Allowances) (Condition Eligibility). (If deemed inadvisable to run thisrace over the turf course, it will be run on the main track at Seven Furlongs) (Rail at 60 feet). Purse $50,000.00
$1 Daily Double / $1 Exacta / $.50 Trifecta / $.10 Superfecta / $1 Super Hi 5 $.50 Bet 3 (Races 9-10-11)
Program Number
Horse
Breed Sire-Dam
Owner
Medication Weight
Claiming Price
Trainer
M/L Odds
Jockey
Odds
PP 01
INSIDE OUT
5 B M (KY) Colonel John - Star of Johar
Miller Racing LLC

Martin Wolfson
12/1
Paco Lopez
-
PP 02
SOUTHERN GEM
5 B M (KY) Smart Strike - Cherie Yvonne
Stronach Stables

Sid Attard
12/1
Luis Saez
-
PP 03
ALOTTA SKIRT
4 CH F (KY) Candy Ride (ARG) - Ellesmere
JSM Equine

Eddie Kenneally
20/1
Jose Ortiz
-
PP 04
MORE THAN A PARTY
6 B M (NJ) More Than Ready - Party to Party
Malouf, Richard and Broome, Edwin Thomas

Edwin Broome
15/1
Edgar Prado
-
PP 05
MOON RIVER (IRE)
5 B M (IRE) Exceed And Excel (AUS) - Dame Blanche (IRE)
Seitz, Frederick J., Kelly, Jon and Ward, Danny

H. Motion
15/1
Joel Rosario
-
PP 06
E B RYDER
7 B M (FL) Bluegrass Cat - Back to Earth
Miller Racing LLC

Martin Wolfson
8/1
Emisael Jaramillo
-
PP 07
PERU (GB)
4 B F (GB) Motivator (GB) - Bolsena
Tango Uniform Racing LLC

Christophe Clement
5/1
Julien Leparoux
-
PP 08
BIBBY
5 DK B/BR M (KY) Stormy Atlantic - Love Cove
J. C. Davis Farm, Inc.
$100,000
Victoria Oliver
12/1
Corey Lanerie
-
PP 09
JOSDESANIMAUX
5 B M (FL) Leroidesanimaux (BRZ) - Jost d'Oro
Palm Beach Racing

Ralph Nicks
4/1
Luca Panici
-
PP 10
MISSISSIPPI DELTA
5 B M (KY) Giant's Causeway - Texas to a Tee
Jackpot Ranch and Rutherford, Mike G.

Mark Casse
9/2
Jose Lezcano
-
PP 11
FROSTY FRIDAY
5 B M (FL) Eskendereya - Frosty Promise
Barber

Mark Casse
7/2
Javier Castellano
-

PP 12
THEOPHILIA
5 B M (FL) Flatter - Theola
Wilson

William Mott
6/1
Jose Lezcano
-
Medication & Equipment Key

Risen Star

Man this is a big competitive field. First, I don't trust horses coming out of NY preps. Mo Town can beat me at the price he'll be, though I won't completely toss him. Most of these horses ran against each other in the LeComte, which you'd think would make it a bit easier. 

#1 Girvin... Maybe get a piece, but honestly what is really to like? Horse comes off turf for a 3% trainer in Stakes races. Pass

#2 Untrapped is a major player in here after finishing 2nd in the LeComte. Added ground and a race under his belt might make the difference.

#3 Local Hero seems like the wise guy horse. Flashy front running maiden breaker. But, looks to be a bit of pace in here. Focus on underneath/defense.

#4 Arklow was running okay late but seems a bit one paced to me. Ran evenly around the track. Consider for exotics.

#5 Shareholder Value closed to finish pretty evenly with the 4th place finisher despite facing a bit more traffic and being a bit wider throughout. Sneaky.

#6 Guest Suite beat these last time. I think the 6-1 ML is a bit insulting. I'd expect another really good effort. 

#7 US Office - Pass. Too deep a field to consider a Remington shipper for a no name trainer

#8 Cool Arrow will be a pace factor but hard to imagine him being around at the wire.

#9 Mo Town will be your favorite. He might be very good but there seems to be better value in here. Must use.

#10 Take Off ran well if not evenly last out against many of these same horses. Might be a consistent check casher

#11 Sorry Eric was claimed for $20K 2 back. No thanks

#12 Horse Fly...too slow

#13 Its Your Nickel...of the complete bombs, this one makes the most sense. 2nd off. Won a MSW at Saratoga. Post is a bitch though and his running style concerns me.

TOP Pick - #2 Untrapped

Other Win Candidates - #6 Guest Suite, #9 Mo Town, #5 Shareholder Value

Exotics - #3 Local Hero, #4 Arklow, 

$10 Exacta - 2,9 / 2,5,9 ($40)

$1.50 Trifecta 2,6 / 2,5,6,9 / 2,3,4,5,6,9 ($54)

$.20 Super 5 / 2,6,9 / 2,4,6,9 / 2,3,4,6,9 ($5.40)

$0.60 Tip to the window clerk

Not going to overthink this one, as it looks on paper to be a 3 horse affair (9-6-2). The trick is going to be maximizing $100 in bets for profit if the chalk wins, which is what it looks and feels like right now IMO.

There are too many horses that could sneak into the show to feel great about a trifecta bet in this one..so for this affair It didn't come down so much to handicapping, as it did to figuring how to best invest $100 in order to cover the angles and still make some money. The exacta money should be spread out enough with a large field that even if 9 wins it should pay around 20.00, possibly more if Mo isn't bet down drastically. If 2 or 6 wins with 9 second it should be roughly double that..If it goes 2-6 it might be as much as 50 or 60..

$ 20 exacta 9 - 6/2       $40

$10 exacta box 9-6-2   $60 

No tip for the slow, foul tempered shithead at the window. Especially after the last supposed "lock" he talked me into.

I might play a $5 box 9-6-2 at race time depending on the tote and exacta probables.