• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

So, went to the track today, and this was race 1.  I need the opinions of the guys that know.  Granted I have not seen it on my computer.  Only saw the replays on my phone.  But 1 month suspension?

And from what I understand from guys at the track, he (the horse) got back up and walked into the trailer.  Not so lucky in race 2.

Can't find a youtube video.  Just watch a replay of race 1, and 2, since I have opinions on both, for Santa Anita.

IMO, Race 1.  It looked like the jock accidentally or on purpose punched the horse in the face, which of course caused the horse to go stage right.

Race 2.  Again IMO.  You can watch in the stretch, the horse suddenly veers out.  And again, IMO, the horse just didn't look right after that.  He was laboring.  And no matter how much I rail on Mike Shit, or Bendejo, or any of the top jocks.  The moment they feel something is not right they will ease up.  But this looked like this jock, I think Delgadillo, rode the horse to protect his place money. 

I somehow missed part of the above conversation yesterday.

But I only saw 1 fall..it was deep stretch and involved the 6. Watching track feeds, they never go back and show the fall. They carry on as if the horse never started..that said, all I saw was a horse being ridden hard and straight. 

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

I somehow missed part of the above conversation yesterday.

But I only saw 1 fall..it was deep stretch and involved the 6. Watching track feeds, they never go back and show the fall. They carry on as if the horse never started..that said, all I saw was a horse being ridden hard and straight. 

I think that was the second fall.  The first race was much more gnar.  If you have xpressbet, watch a replay. 

Uncontested is a sprinter. That's what I learned yesterday. 

One Liner got a 102 beyer - leader in the clubhouse but I think the track was running super fast yesterday.

Lookin At Lee went from last to 3rd in the stretch. This years Suddenbreakingnews. He will be around at the bottom of exotics in May. One interesting thing about him if you like him - he did that off of the layoff. Should improve next out.

Gun Runner was also super impressive off the layoff. But again fast track?

Looks like AnnArborEddie burned a bunch of money at GG. DQ'd for interference in the stretch but he wasn't going to win anyhow...the 50-100 point races are coming up, and things are gonna get serious.

Watching the replay of that race...it didn't look like Eddie lugged out or anything, it looked like he just wanted to get over next to the horse coming up on the outside (the eventual winner and the longest price on the board). Maybe it was a case of a jock losing control, and a young horse not knowing any better? I don't know. Weird one.. 

Risin Star this weekend looks like a good betting race. Full field and the ML favorite is 7-2.