• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

Just now, Homebrewer said:

So...you cashed one mythological ticket, a dime super.

We all lost money..

Watching the replay, the 3 is not a horse I would ever bet back. Put that one in your stable. If he shows back up at this level, bet against!! 25.10 for the 1/4 and 49.57 for the 1/2 and still barely held on. Not sure what Bejarano was thinking. He's really regressed as a rider. He should have moved halfway down the backstretch. What a terrible race. 

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

7  moves down in class.  smith does not ride back on him.  He has done well on past races that were tougher than this.  Something just doesn't look right on this class drop.  Especially with Smith ejecting. 

GB had this one right...clear second choice never ran a lick.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Watching the replay, the 3 is not a horse I would ever bet back. Put that one in your stable. If he shows back up at this level, bet against!! 25.10 for the 1/4 and 49.57 for the 1/2 and still barely held on. Not sure what Bejarano was thinking. He's really regressed as a rider. He should have moved halfway down the backstretch. What a terrible race. 

They crawled along the backstretch and nobody really made much of a move.

Just now, gotbeer said:

He just knows I bet him in the top spot.  Thus a loss.

I needed Bejarano to win on a favorite in the last leg of a pick 4 paying $10,000 at Del Mar a few years ago. Easy lead. Never whipped the horse and caught like Chrome in the BC in the last 50 yards

Just now, Adam said:

I needed Bejarano to win on a favorite in the last leg of a pick 4 paying $10,000 at Del Mar a few years ago. Easy lead. Never whipped the horse and caught like Chrome in the BC in the last 50 yards

There is probably a reason why Bendejo gets lot's of SA mounts.  And yet, he rarely runs in the Kentucky Derby. 

Just now, gotbeer said:

There is probably a reason why Bendejo gets lot's of SA mounts.  And yet, he rarely runs in the Kentucky Derby. 

He's not aggressive enough. Plays it safe. That would be my main criticism. 

This last race looks like an awesome betting race. Huge field. 3-1 favorite drawn way outside.

I put some random dime supers together:

1 / 7,11 / 10,12 / 2,4,14

14 / 1,7 / 10,11,12 / 2

Hope to get lucky

2 hours ago, Adam said:

1 fits in this race.  very erratic though.  Works leading up look good though.

2 moves up in class.  Would need a huge race to even compete.

4 moves up in class.  has raced at this level but not to very good results.

5 Would need a big one.    It's been a while since he won.  Works look good.

6 seems more of a g3/stakes type horse.  should get a piece, but probably not up top

7 fits well in this race.  biggest mark against is he doesn't do well on this track.

8 fits in G2 races.  Just not sure if he can win.  Only win was at Del Mar last year. 

Overall, while I don't want to.  I would single the 1 and load underneath. 

$100 bankroll

$6 Ex 1/5, 6, 7, 8 $24

$1 Tri 1/5, 6, 7, 8 $12

$1 Tri 5, 6, 7, 8/1/5, 6, 7, 8 $12

$1 Super 1/5, 6, 7, 8 $24

$1 Super 5, 6, 7, 8/1/5, 6, 7 8 $24

So the mythical losing tickets.

18 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

We see this somewhat the same way...Hoppertunity after a 2 month freshening? I hope he eats a lot of money on the tote.

I see it as a 4 horse race 4-5-6-7 with favor going to the 6-7

$2 tri box 4/5/6/7    $48.00

$6 tri 6-7/6-7/1-4-5-9   $48.00

amending this a little bit...same horses different bets. Split my tri box up and added a super with half of it. 

$1 tri box 4/5/6/7 $24.00

$6 tri 6-7/6-7/1-4-5-9   $48.00

$1 SU
4-5-6
4-5-6
ALL
$24.00
Might play this race for real depending on the tote. That super could pay decently if Accelerate isn't bet down.

Since $4 wont buy me a beer, Ill spend it on a win bet with the 4.