• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

I did pretty pretty pretty good yesterday. Sadlers Joy just missing in the 11th cost me about $500. Made $175 thanks mainly to the 13-8 double in race 6,7. I added a late 1-7 exacta which made the last race profitable.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:53 AM, Adam said:

I did pretty pretty pretty good yesterday. Sadlers Joy just missing in the 11th cost me about $500. Made $175 thanks mainly to the 13-8 double in race 6,7. I added a late 1-7 exacta which made the last race profitable.

Sadler's Joy busted my day too.

44 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Sadler's Joy busted my day too.

I actually played Danish Dynaformer more heavily. 3 pick 4 tickets plus a win bet. Had Sadlers joy on 2 pick 4 tickets and a pick 3 ticket. I tossed Taghbleed completely :(

Just now, Adam said:

I actually played Danish Dynaformer more heavily. 3 pick 4 tickets plus a win bet. Had Sadlers joy on 2 pick 4 tickets and a pick 3 ticket. I tossed Taghbleed completely :(

I tossed em both..Twilight Eclipse and Charming Kitten were my other horses but Sadler's Joy was my top selection and on every ticket..

Lepaurex (sp?) had horse left and just hung too long expecting to catch the 1 down the stretch. He could and should have had that race....

But that's why they run em.

All those turf races were pretty good (as in fun to watch) races, but it's hard to make money when the longest horse in a sequence is 5-1.

Suffused kept me from being seriously trounced for the day. I had that 8 dollar exacta 20 times, and almost played it for 50.

Nice horse there.

21 hours ago, Adam said:

I singled Suffused on everything as well. 

I really handicapped the card well. Made a couple mistakes. Played good tickets. Nose here and there was all. Can't wait for the next big day of racing! 

That's always a good feeling, and one of the big reasons I like the 50 cent trifecta so much. Being able to box 4 horses is a great way to make money on verticals, in order to fund P3s and 4s and an occasional P6,  where the real money is.

Once you know that your handicapping skills are solid, and learn the fundamentals money management, betting horses is something you can do your whole life. There is always something to learn and file away, so it never gets boring...and racing...the races themselves...are so damn exciting. I was worried for the sport for quite a while, but it seems to be very much on the upswing these days which is nice to see.

Next really big day will be May 6.

21 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

That's always a good feeling, and one of the big reasons I like the 50 cent trifecta so much. Being able to box 4 horses is a great way to make money on verticals, in order to fund P3s and 4s and an occasional P6,  where the real money is.

Once you know that your handicapping skills are solid, and learn the fundamentals money management, betting horses is something you can do your whole life. There is always something to learn and file away, so it never gets boring...and racing...the races themselves...are so damn exciting. I was worried for the sport for quite a while, but it seems to be very much on the upswing these days which is nice to see.

Next really big day will be May 6.

Dubai is fun to bet.  Huge fields, and upsets galore. 

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

Yep! Looking back at the last few big days - Pegasus, BC, Travers Day, etc... My best plays were tris, supers and multis. I think I'm done with Win bets and exactas, other than for hedge purposes.

Agreed...When I bet exactas now they are of the ice cold type and I have to be confident enough to back them with a minimum of $20, and they are still mostly a cover (hedge). Played when the favorites look like locks. (Suffused-Arles).

I don't remember the last win bet I made...other than in a handicapping contest.

GB Yeah....Maydan is really spectacular. I've never had a good day there, but the opportunity exists for mega payoffs .. and the event itself is amazing.

Have you guys ever played Hong Kong or Japan racing?  I don't tend to do well there, or anywhere for that matter, but my buddy plays it and usually makes bank.  Tri's average over $100 payouts.  They also have some weird rules there.  I forget which one, but a daily double is winner in the first leg, and first or second in the second leg.  And yet, it still usually pays big.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Have you guys ever played Hong Kong or Japan racing?  I don't tend to do well there, or anywhere for that matter, but my buddy plays it and usually makes bank.  Tri's average over $100 payouts.  They also have some weird rules there.  I forget which one, but a daily double is winner in the first leg, and first or second in the second leg.  And yet, it still usually pays big.

I can't play with TVG anymore because I have no self-control. I played the shit out of Hong Kong and got my ass kicked one night.

GB - No Holy Bull for Three Rules. Maybe the Fountain of Youth?

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/219541/three-rules-returns-in-swale?utm_source=BHTW&utm_medium=social

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I can't play with TVG anymore because I have no self-control. I played the shit out of Hong Kong and got my ass kicked one night.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/219541/three-rules-returns-in-swale?utm_source=BHTW&utm_medium=social

Wow.  I thought he was pointing for the Holly Bull this weekend.  A Classic Empire vs Three Rules would have answered so man questions for me.  Are they just being cautious n easing him up?  10 points is still 10 points.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

3 hours ago, Adam said:

I actually stay more in control WITH an internet betting account...It's there every day. I don't feel like I need to bet because I can, because I always can...I get where you are at Adam, because I've been there...but having an account (after a while of getting used to it) made me more money aware and less anxious to make "action" bets..and action betting is where most of us get into trouble. 

I also never attach a credit card or bank account to a betting account...there are many funding options as convenient as your local Rite Aid or CVS....and the archived replays, real time video and odds, charts...It's so extensive at a place like xpressbet (way better than TVG)..can't imagine being a serious horseplayer these days without it and all the tools it offers.

GB...I like Australia for Asian Racing.