• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

• 2 weeks later...

McCraken rallies to win Kentucky Jockey Club

McCraken unleashed a burst of speed to rally from next-to-last among 12 horses on the far turn to a 1 1/4-length victory in the Grade II Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes on Saturday at Churchill Downs.

McCraken, the 4-5 favorite, paid $3.60, $2.40 and $2.40 while picking up 10 points on the Road to the Kentucky Derby. He finished the 1 1/16-mile race over a fast track in 1:44.15. Runner-up Wild Shot, with Corey Lanerie aboard, paid $4.40 and $3.60, and another 3 3/4 lengths back, the Churchill Downs Racing Club's Warrior Club, with Robby Albarado aboard, paid $3.60.

The victory was the first graded-stakes win for the son of Ghostzapper but the third in as many days for the jockey-trainer duo of Brian Hernandez Jr. and Ian Wilkes, who combined to win the $100,000 River City Handicap (GIII) with Thatcher Street on Thanksgiving Day and the $200,000 Mrs. Revere (GIII) on turf with Linda.

“He is as good as I thought he was and he handled it well,” Wilkes said of McCraken in a news release. “They didn’t hand it to him. It wasn’t easy. He came through for us.”

Nice move around and through horses..

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

McCraken rallies to win Kentucky Jockey Club

McCracken, with jockey Brian Hernandez Jr. aboard, runs to a win in the Grade II Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes on Saturday at Churchill Downs.

(Photo: Coady Photography)

McCraken unleashed a burst of speed to rally from next-to-last among 12 horses on the far turn to a 1 1/4-length victory in the Grade II Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes on Saturday at Churchill Downs.

McCraken, the 4-5 favorite, paid $3.60, $2.40 and $2.40 while picking up 10 points on the Road to the Kentucky Derby. He finished the 1 1/16-mile race over a fast track in 1:44.15. Runner-up Wild Shot, with Corey Lanerie aboard, paid $4.40 and $3.60, and another 3 3/4 lengths back, the Churchill Downs Racing Club's Warrior Club, with Robby Albarado aboard, paid $3.60.

The victory was the first graded-stakes win for the son of Ghostzapper but the third in as many days for the jockey-trainer duo of Brian Hernandez Jr. and Ian Wilkes, who combined to win the $100,000 River City Handicap (GIII) with Thatcher Street on Thanksgiving Day and the $200,000 Mrs. Revere (GIII) on turf with Linda.

“He is as good as I thought he was and he handled it well,” Wilkes said of McCraken in a news release. “They didn’t hand it to him. It wasn’t easy. He came through for us.”

Nice move around and through horses..

He made up a lot of ground and got no pace help. Very impressive. 

• 2 weeks later...

It would be cool if they ran this with no "win" wagering..

Winter Challenge S.

LOS ALAMITOS RACE COURSE, Saturday, December 17, 2016, Race 9
  • STK
  • 1 1/16m
  • Dirt
  • $180,000
  • 3 yo's & up
  • 4:28 PM (local)
PP Horse Jockey Wgt Trainer M/L
1 Howdy (CA) Chantal Sutherland 118 Peter Eurton -
2 Wrightwood (KY) Jose L. Verenzuela 118 Brian J. Koriner -
4 Point Piper (KY) Mario Gutierrez 124 Jerry Hollendorfer -
6 Lucky J Lane (CA) Jamie Theriot 120 Brian J. Koriner -
3 Presidentsky (CA) Brayan Pena 120 John Brocklebank -
5 Ain't Misbehavin (CA) Kent J. Desormeaux 118 Vladimir Cerin -
8 Unusual Meeting (CA) Tiago Josue Pereira 118 Gary Stute -
10 California Chrome (CA) Victor Espinoza 126 Art Sherman -
9 Papacoolpapacool (KY) Tyler Baze 120 Philip D'Amato -
7 Avanti Bello (CA) Drayden Van Dyke 124 Doug F. O'Neill -
12 Ground Rules (KY) Norberto Arroyo, Jr. 118 Clifford W. Sise, Jr. -
11 Air Pocket (KY) Norberto Arroyo, Jr. 118 Rafael DeLeon -

13 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Rumor is a heroin OD at Pechanga..I saw him ride so many times, from bug boy on...I probably remember him most for Skimming, and Blame.

Jockey Garrett Gomez Dies at Age 44

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/218404/jockey-garrett-gomez-dies-at-age-44

Good rider, just didn't want to count on him rounding out exactas. He was a lot like Kent. Rode to win, didn't always give his best effort to get a piece.

Addiction is a mother F'r

10 California Chrome Espinoza V $2.10 - -
4 Point Piper Gutierrez M - - -
9 Papacoolpapacool Baze T - - -
5 Ain't Misbehavin Desormeaux K J - - -
7 Avanti Bello Van Dyke D - - -
Scratched: Air Pocket (11), Ground Rules (12)
Winning Trainer: Art Sherman – Owner: California Chrome, LLC
$1 Trifecta Box Paid $23.00
$2 Double (1/10) Paid $9.00
$2 Exacta (10-4) Paid $5.60
$2 Trifecta (10-4-9) Paid $46.00
$0.10 Superfecta (10-4-9-5) Paid $6.88
$2 Exact 5 (10-4-9-5-7) Paid $353.60
$2 Pick-3 (4/1/10) Paid $17.00 (3OF3)
$0.50 Pick-4 (5,10/1,4,8/1/10,11,12) Paid $12.90 (4OF4)

These payoffs were surprisingly good with a given winner. The $2 Tri at $46, The gimme exacta paid 5-2

Would loved to have gone but too much stuff to do before Christmas. I've seen Chrome in person twice - both times in the BC, both Ls, and arguably his two best performances. haha. 

I cold-decked the tri. Shoulda bet more. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Notifications for Friday, December 30
$361,436
Carryover for Pick 6
$77,450
Carryover for Pick 6 Jackpot
$23,452
Carryover for Super High 5

Pick 6 Jackpot.  The most useless bet there is.  It's never going to get high enough to make a difference.  The regular pick 6 carryovers will be incentive enough for people to bet. 

I agree. I love the traditional $.20 jackpot pick 6. It's a terrible bet but when the carryover gets into the millions and you make it to a mandatory payout day there's so much equity. You have to play! 

Im starting the new wagering year at Los Al tomorrow night. Slumming it. 

My goal is to qualify for the BCBC this year.