• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

So can you ride a horse more like shit than victor ...

It was a defensive ride... he kept looking back waiting for something to happen, rather than keeping CC going and preventing things from happening. He rode not to lose, rather than riding to win.

They will meet again.

Can't wait. Great races today.Over the 2 days I spent about 40 or 50 bucks...that's great entertainment value considering I was so close to big scores in so many races. AWESOME RACING..

MAKE AMERICA BET AGAIN!

I love horse racing...next to baseball it's my favorite sport. America is waking back up to both and I couldn't be happier about it.

# Horse Jockey Win Place Show
12 Finest City Smith M E $19.40 $10.00 $6.60
10 Wavell Avenue Rosario J - $13.80 $8.80
9 Paulassilverlining Talamo J - - $9.20
3 Tara's Tango Bejarano R - - -
Winning Trainer: Ian Kruljac – Owner: Seltzer Thoroughbreds
$2 Exacta (12-10) Paid $216.40
$0.50 Trifecta (12-10-9) Paid $617.85
$0.10 Superfecta (12-10-9-3) Paid $839.20
$2 Double (12/12) Paid $83.40
$0.50 Pick-3 (5/12/12) Paid $157.20 (3OF3)

Man, what a long night.  Was at the OTB till midnight last night.  Was playing Tokyo, Cal Expo, Meadowlands.  Just crazy shit getting more drunk.

And the weird thing was.  At Cal Expo, I was looking at a horse in a 8 horse field.  And I read it as he was taking a drop down in class.  So I put only $1 to win and show.  Damn horse won.  And in a 8 horse field, he was 70-1.  Wish I put a $10 on him and I might be even.  lol.

14 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

ing back waiting for something to happen, rather than keeping CC going and preventing things from happening. He rode not to lose, rather than riding to win.

f***, that was so damn frustrating to watch. 

Sooo.  Who wins the Eclipse awards?

Older filly and mares has to go to Beholder right?

3 years old filly has to go to Songbird

3 year old colts to Arrogate?  The Derby, Preakness, and Belmont winners are really turning out to be a weak class. 

Old males.  Do you give it to Chrome?  Or is this suddenly up in the air?

I was there. It wasn't too bad.

Made $250. Hit a pick 3 with obviously. Hit the super in the juvenile and the tri In The mile. Hit a few small savers. Was alive to a grand to both paulassilverlining and chrome. Arghh

KEENOV Kicks Off on Election Day

By Brian DiDonato

LEXINGTON, Ky – While the majority of the population will be following the U.S. presidential race Tuesday, the focus of the bloodstock world shifts to the Keeneland sales ring as its November Breeding Stock Sale begins a 13-day run in Lexington. A total of 4,762 head are catalogued for this year’s marathon auction.

“It’s the largest breeding stock sale in the world, and it’s a sale that we always look forward to every year,”

As many as eight mares will sell in foal to last year’s Triple Crown winner and Horse of the Year American Pharoah (Pioneerof the Nile), who stood his first season at Coolmore’s Ashford Stud this year. Other new sires to whom mares are in foal at KEENOV include Grade I-winning ‘TDN Rising Stars’ Honor Code (A.P. Indy), Tonalist (Tapit), Liam’s Map (Unbridled’s Song), Constitution (Tapit) and Carpe Diem (Giant’s Causeway); and Classic winner Palace Malice (Curlin). Three mares will be offered in foal to Empire Maker (Unbridled) following his first breeding season since being repatriated from Japan.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/keenov-kicks-off-on-election-day/

From the official website..

General Admission was supposed to go on sale in Sept, but it still is shown as not available...but looking at the "Venue" pricing, sports bars to chic restaurants, it's probably going to be pricy..$50-75.00 would be my guess..anyhow I found this very interesting...

"The innovative Pegasus World Cup Invitational, to be contested at 1 1/8 miles on the dirt, is restricted to 12 horses. Twelve owners have reserved a spot in the starting gate for $1 million USD. They can race, lease, share a starter, or sell their place in the gate. The owners will share equally in the net income from betting, media rights and sponsorships. The winner of the race will earn a world-record $7 million USD."

The Pegasus World Cup Invitational Stakeholders represent a group of individuals and owner groups passionately committed to elevating the sport of thoroughbred horse racing. Having purchased a spot in the starting gate for $1 million USD each, The Pegasus World Cup Invitational Stakeholders, together with The Stronach Group, are on the leading edge of an industry game-changing catalyst to modernize the sport and engage a new generation of fans.

Whew...

http://www.pegasusworldcup.com/

On 11/9/2016 at 3:12 PM, Homebrewer said:

Well, starting to get notices about this..

Pegasus World Cup Invitational 2017
Race Day Saturday, January 28, 2017

300x250_PWCI_banner.jpg

http://www.axs.com/pegasusworldcup

I feel like this event might tank. Arrogate and Chrome have to rematch. If one or, God forbid, both horses miss this race...ouch! I'm not a super fan of the Gulfstream surface. If you're drawn outside at all going two turns you're really in trouble. There's not much making up ground there. There are 6 or 7 stakes that day though. Hopefully they pull entries from other parts of the country. This would be a nice bridge between BC and Derby Day. 

To me, the Breeder's Cup is the absolutely greatest day of year for gambling/entertainment purposes. The next super card isn't until Derby day. That blows.

I think too much emphasis is placed on classic distances on dirt. Its nice to see America beginning to prioritize turf racing (those are easily the best betting races) but I'd love to see the Sprint divisions get more love as well. 

@Adam and @Homebrewer

Just found out about this today.  So the Derby will be a run for 19 spots, not 20 spots.  1 spot will be offered to a Japanese Horse.

https://www.kentuckyderby.com/uploads/wysiwyg/assets/uploads/20160912_Japan_Road_to_the_Kentucky_Derby_Schedule.pdf

The first of two races in Japan is this Saturday, called the Cattleya Sho Stakes.  So you guys may want to stay up and watch it.