• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

17 hours ago, Adam said:

Good luck to you! I hate playing that track. However, I did hit my biggest exacta there. $295 for $1. 

Trying to hold out for BC

I've usually found woodbine to be a pretty fair track...but I haven't really played it in a while. They have pretty full races most of the time so when you can hit one it usually pays.

I was just looking to liven up the thread more than anything else...we're all just waiting for the BC now.

17 hours ago, Adam said:

BC horses dropping like flies. At least they've been ones I wanted to toss.

Cavorting retired

Cathryn Sophia being sold in November as a Broodmare

Mubbtahij being sent back to Dubai

Yeah, Cathryn Sophia was done.  And now going against older, she'd only have chances in the small stakes races that don't involve the big shooters.

Mubbtahij is surprising, but not really surprising.  Is probably going to try and get a few races in before the World Cup, and hope that Chrome doesn't ship out. 

On 10/15/2016 at 11:38 AM, Adam said:

Enola gray is in an ungraded stakes down the hill today. Weird spot for her. 

Has she ever done the downhill?  I know my buddy was talking about it on Saturday.  But didn't realize it was the downhill, and don't remember her experience on it.  She did win.  So maybe this was a tuneup?  Because as you know, on the downhill, experience on that one really matters in the BC. 

She's not going to the BC. I just thought it was a weird spot for her. She had been incredible on dirt, aside from her one second at Los Al. She may not have liked that track or maybe open company was just too tough for her.

While she won that turf sprint, she beat 4 other cal bred fillies and wasn't overly impressive IMO. I think she'll have a career like Ambitious Brew. She'll win a lot of money against cal breds on dirt and turf and has a shot at some stakes win against open company in dirt sprints. 

Breeders' Cup 2016 pre-entries

Breeders' Cup Classic

8:35 p.m. ET Nov. 5, Purse: $6,000,000, Distance: 1 1/4 miles, 3yo-and-up

• California Chrome
  • Frosted
  • Hoppertunity
  • Melatonin
  • Arrogate
  • Effinex
  • Found
  • Gun Runner
  • Keen Ice
  • Nyquist
  • Shaman Ghost
  • War Story
  • Win the Space

Longines Distaff

7:35 p.m. Nov. 4, Purse: $2,000,000, Distance: 1 1/8 miles, females 3yo-and-up

• Stellar Wind
  • Corona Del Inca
  • I'm a Chatterbox
  • Beholder
  • Carina Mia
  • Curalina
  • Forever Unbridled
  • Land Over Sea
  • Songbird

Sentient Jet Juvenile

5:43 p.m. Nov. 5, Purse: $2,000,000, Distance: 1 1/16 miles, 2-year-old males

• Classic Empire
  • Gormley
  • Not This Time
  • Practical Joke
  • Good Samaritan
  • Klimt
  • Lookin at Lee
  • Star Empire
  • Syndergaard
  • Term of Art
  • Theory
  • Three Rules

Huge fields as expected.  The three races I'm looking forward to.

Edited by gotbeer

Wow...there is a TON of stuff to go through isn't there? Just looking through the first few races on Sat, and it's pretty damn impressive.

The downhill FM turf sprint is intriguing. "around" 7F with a full field.. many of which have never raced that downhill before. I've always favored speed inside and experience (horse and jockey)  on that hill...

Might be a tough one and might be easy as hell..but those races have a way of clusterfarking. I might have to go back and watch some replays of the BC downhills to get a feel.

12 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Wow...there is a TON of stuff to go through isn't there? Just looking through the first few races on Sat, and it's pretty damn impressive.

The downhill FM turf sprint is intriguing. "around" 7F with a full field.. many of which have never raced that downhill before. I've always favored speed inside and experience (horse and jockey)  on that hill...

Might be a tough one and might be easy as hell..but those races have a way of clusterfarking. I might have to go back and watch some replays of the BC downhills to get a feel.

Yeah, the downhill is one race where SA runners have the definite advantage.  I think I remember hearing a few years back, that the only winners of the BC downhill at SA were horses that have won the SA downhill in the past.  Might be old information, but something to consider. 

From what I can gather.  BC Turf Sprint

2008 Desert Code

2009 California Flag

2012 2013 Mizdirection

2014 Bobby's Kitten

Bobby's Kitten is the one that stands out as not a SA horse.  http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=SA&raceDate=11/01/2014&cy=USA&rn=7

Although, if you look at the chart, Renee'sgotzip is the only one that stands out as a SA horse.  So might have been a field of others. 

28 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I don't think anyone has won from the inside on that course in a year

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

From what I can gather.  BC Turf Sprint

2008 Desert Code

2009 California Flag

2012 2013 Mizdirection

2014 Bobby's Kitten

Bobby's Kitten is the one that stands out as not a SA horse.  http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=SA&raceDate=11/01/2014&cy=USA&rn=7

Although, if you look at the chart, Renee'sgotzip is the only one that stands out as a SA horse.  So might have been a field of others. 

Had a huge win bet on Undrafted. Argggghhh

Man the turf sprint smells like major pace meltdown. I'll probably use Obviously and closers!

BTW - if you don't listen to Steve Byk, you should.

http://stevebyk.com/broadcast/

I recommend the Nick Tammaro and Nick Luck segments from this week. Tammaro talks about the three different sprint races. Luck is a Euro expert