• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

15 hours ago, Spencer said:

Was at Del Mar yesterday, place was packed.

The buzz and anticipation leading up to Chrome's race was electric.

I was down at ground level, and the press of people up to the rail and building noise was awesome as Chrome entered the last turn.

I'm a casual horse guy, but that was a hell of a time to be there in person. Like attending your first playoff hockey game.

Pretty cool, huh? I'm a sports fan to the core...been at every big event baseball has to offer, been to playoff football, basketball, hockey...the Olympics...and my favorites are big horse races. By far. There's no real comparison.

"It's all about THE HORSE"

18 hours ago, Spencer said:

Was at Del Mar yesterday, place was packed.

The buzz and anticipation leading up to Chrome's race was electric.

I was down at ground level, and the press of people up to the rail and building noise was awesome as Chrome entered the last turn.

I'm a casual horse guy, but that was a hell of a time to be there in person. Like attending your first playoff hockey game.

Surprisingly though, only 27k at the track for Chrome.  I've seen Del Mar get to 40k.

The best I've heard at the track was the roar at Santa Anita Breeders Cup as Zenyatta made her move at the turn.  It was kind of surreal, because the grandstands were completely full.  And you could hear the crowd at the far end, roar first, and it like rolled to us.  If that makes any sense. 

But I agree with Adam.  Breeders Cup is an experience.  But a big race, where you have multiple great horses in it is always the best. 

Also, Breeders Cup Friday is considerably less crowded than Breeders Cup Saturday.  But that might change if there is a Beholder vs Songbird race.  If that's on Friday, I may just have to try and make that one live.

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Surprisingly though, only 27k at the track for Chrome.  I've seen Del Mar get to 40k.

The best I've heard at the track was the roar at Santa Anita Breeders Cup as Zenyatta made her move at the turn.  It was kind of surreal, because the grandstands were completely full.  And you could hear the crowd at the far end, roar first, and it like rolled to us.  If that makes any sense. 

But I agree with Adam.  Breeders Cup is an experience.  But a big race, where you have multiple great horses in it is always the best. 

Also, Breeders Cup Friday is considerably less crowded than Breeders Cup Saturday.  But that might change if there is a Beholder vs Songbird race.  If that's on Friday, I may just have to try and make that one live.

The Distaff may be the race of the weekend this year.

Songbird, Beholder. Stellar Wind, Cavorting (if she doesn't go to Sprint), Cathryn Sophia, Curalina... 

I'd take 6-1 on Stellar Wind at SA!

The two horses I've seen live that really stand out in my memory were

Cigar.. what a magnificent looking horse..big and red like Secrtariat.

Point Given...huge and really athletic.

Others would be Zenyatta and Alysheba..

If I can keep my impulse betting under control until then (and keep my recent luck going) I'm going to be looking really good $$$ wise come breeders cup weekend.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Huge day at the Spa on Saturday.

Lady Eli returns. The King's Bishop and Travers.

I'll be playing against Exaggerator again. I'll use both Bafferts.

http://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Baffert_sends_four_to_Saratoga_for_the_2016_Travers_and_Kings_Bishop_123

Saratoga on Saturday. No rain.  So no chance for Exaggerator.  ;)

The $1.25 Million Travers Stakes: Post Postions, Odds, and Exaggerator's Fatal Love of Mud

1. Arrogate                                    10/1
  2. American Freedom                 6/1
  3. My Man Sam                           20/1
  4. Governor Malibu                    12/1
  5. Forever d’Oro                         30/1
  6. Anaximandros                        15/1
  7. Exaggerator                              3/1
  8. Destin                                       10/1
  9. Gift Box                                     12/1
  10. Connect                                      4/1
  11. Majesto                                     30/1
  12. Creator                                      15/1
  13. Laoban                                      15/1
  14. Gun Runner                            20/1

2 hours ago, Adam said:

American Freedom, Arrogate and Destin - exacta box.

In pick 4 I'd add Exaggerator (fucker) 

After just a quick perusal of the field..I'll agree with Destin as a consistent hard trier.

I'm liking Governor Malibu too (they ran 2nd and 3rd in the Jim Dandy, the major Saratoga prep for this one) Laoban was allowed too much room out front that day, he wont get that easy lead with more speed signed up for this one.

(Rosairo has been riding back east for a while now, he might have something to show Baffert's riders coming out from the left coast)

Watch out for Gift Box. Lightly raced, Chad brown, pointed for this one for a while. Tactical speed and a mid-gate post position.  (9) and12-1.

Check out some video here..

http://www.horseracingnation.com/horse/Gift_Box_1

(the Belmont allowance race 2 back was a good race(strong field), and he looked good winning it) 2nd in the Curlin S at Saratoga.) Beware.

And Exaggerator cant be ignored, muddy or not. Kent D has been riding really well of late.

There are a lot of contenders signed up for this one...but my first impressions are the above...

4-7-8-9 trifect box @ 50 cents..