• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

5 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

And I hit it...lol. Nice start for the day.

747 bet all to hell and missed the board? Good for me, but I really built that tri around her.

Sometimes it works out. still unofficial....

72.00 for my 12.00, not bad.

I'd be in the bar and calling it a day. Lol.

747 at 20-1 I can take him not firing. At him being the favorite. F him. Glad all those schmuck lost money taking my odds

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

747 at 20-1 I can take him not firing. At him being the favorite. F him. Glad all those schmuck lost money taking my odds

Saratoga players are usually pretty saavy...they must have seen something, either that or they all read the same sheet.

Favorite not firing was the best outcome for me. Luck.

Looks really warm and muggy there today, horses were really sweatin' after the race.

34 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Plugging my hunch play in the del mar opener (#1 Drover Crazy) into another tri box

1-4-7-10

1 4 7 is one of my favorite number combos, too.

Looks like a 4 1 7 tri!

unofficial...

47.75. Have I mentioned how much I like the 50 cent trifecta?

I remembered that 1 horse from opening day, and thought she'd be even better next time out.

Claimed by Cerin opening day and she was game coming back.. and almost won @13-1.

I'm up almost 100 without really handicapping either race (hunches and tote board) ...think I better take a break, because no way that can last.

Long time to the big races..

wish there was a P4 from the oaks to the classic...played a P3 starting with the oaks.

$2 P3  3, 5, 7, 10
$2 P3  4
$2 P3  3, 4, 7, 8
Wager Total $32.00

My single is Twirling. Baffert likes to showcase his better maidens at big race days, at least that is why I'm thinking she is in there today. My instincts have been OK so far today.  

later..

26 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So was playing Woodbine. Last 3 races had a pick 3. First leg had the all and the longest shot wins. Single next leg. Horse wins then gets dq'd to second. Of course hit the last leg. F me

geez dude....you don't see many dqs these days, thats rough.

I really like Woodbine. When I'm in a funk, Woodbine can sometimes bring me back. Usually big fields and really fair...form seems to hold there.

Songbird wins in a romp. Think I'm going out to the hammock for a nappy.

25 minutes ago, Adam said:

That was the most impressive performance I've ever seen. I think he ran the fastest 1st 1/4 and fastest last quarter. That's incredible. 

Yeah, that was an impressive run by Chrome.  I think any other horse, and Beholder would have won.  Heck, he finished 2 1/4 ahead of third. 

One thing I respect about Chrome and Beholders connections.  You have a 5 year old vs a 6 year old.  With the way the industry works, most times, they would be in the breeding shed.  But instead, you have two horses that the fans can cheer for, and they both have truly become great racehorses.  American Pharoah may have won the triple crown.  But Chrome, Beholder, Zenyatta, Wise Dan, Goldikova and those types have become legendary.  Hell, I'll even throw in Ben's Cat.  Sure, he isn't in the same league as the Chromes and Zenyatta's and such.  But any horse that wins a race 5 years in a row, and 6 out of 7 years.  That makes fans.

I agree. And for Chrome it's worth it. As great as he is he's not worth much breeding wise. He doesn't have the genealogy that is going to attract top dollar. Still at $25K a pop he could rake it in. But how cool would it be if he runs in the awesome again, BC classic, Pegasus and Dubai again?

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I agree. And for Chrome it's worth it. As great as he is he's not worth much breeding wise. He doesn't have the genealogy that is going to attract top dollar. Still at $25K a pop he could rake it in. But how cool would it be if he runs in the awesome again, BC classic, Pegasus and Dubai again?

He's the richest racehorse ever, that has run at least 1 race in No America. Out-earned them   all. This was written before

Here is this week’s NTRA Top Thoroughbred Poll (first-place votes in parenthesis):

1. California Chrome (32)
2. Frosted (6)
3. Tepin (5)
4. Songbird
5. Flintshire
6. Beholder
7. Exaggerator
8. Melatonin
9. Catch a Glimpse
10. Dortmund

Fan favorite California Chrome, whose exploits are followed with rapt interest by a multitude of people who proudly call themselves Chromies, is seeking to further fatten a career bankroll that currently stands at $12,652,650. That makes him the wealthiest horse to have ever made at least one start in North America.

According to Equibase, these are the 25 leading money-winning Thoroughbreds to have made at least one start in North America through Aug. 17:

Rank Earnings Horse

..1...$12,652,650 California Chrome
..2...$11,443,812 Espoir City
..3...$10,501,800 Curlin
..4...$..9,999,815 Cigar
..5...$..9,616,360 Skip Away
..6...$..9,258,355 Gloria de Campeao
..7...$..8,696,325 So You Think
..8...$..8,650,300 American Pharoah
..9...$..8,486,957 Fantastic Light
10...$..8,387,500 Animal Kingdom
11...$..8,274,910 Flintshire
12...$..7,863,492 St Nicholas Abbey
13...$..7,804,070 Invasor
14...$..7,789.880 Pleasantly Perfect
15...$..7,613,155 Smarty Jones
16...$..7,556,160 Wise Dan
17...$..7,304,580 Zenyatta
18...$..7,176,551 Goldikova
19...$..6,944,369 Silver Charm
20...$..6,828,356 Captain Steve
21...$..6,679,242 Alysheba
22...$..6,620,852 Dylan Thomas
23...$..6,598,454 Golden Horn
24...$..6,591,860 John Henry
25...$..6,498,893 Game On Dude

Was at Del Mar yesterday, place was packed.

The buzz and anticipation leading up to Chrome's race was electric.

I was down at ground level, and the press of people up to the rail and building noise was awesome as Chrome entered the last turn.

I'm a casual horse guy, but that was a hell of a time to be there in person. Like attending your first playoff hockey game.

20 hours ago, Adam said:

That was the most impressive performance I've ever seen. I think he ran the fastest 1st 1/4 and fastest last quarter. That's incredible. 

Victors post race comments were VERY interesting. I'm paraphrasing here, but essentially he was asked about going to the lead so early, and he said something to the effect of " he knows what he's doing, I just sit on him and let him run his race"

When asked who he thinks is the better horse between AP and Chrome, he said Chrome.