• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

19 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Someone just got a big sponsorship deal from Purina.  lol.  Especially if he wins a medal.

But it's a great story.  And that photo just doesn't look real. 

I thought the same thing about the picture..it looks like a painting- someone's fanciful idea of what a horse should look like rather than a photo-

Those are some muscles and that is some conformation.

10 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

That team went from 35th up to 6th in the last event. Don't know if they medaled or not, or if it's even over yet.

It's called Events, which I guess is a class of equestrian competition.

From the article, towards the end.  Said cross country was today.  So a thoroughbred probably is at a big advantage there.  So that might be why he jumped big.

Tomorrow is jumping.  So not sure if this is like a English jumping race, or a equestrian jumping competition.  Probably an equestrian.  But he has a shot at least.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

From the article, towards the end.  Said cross country was today.  So a thoroughbred probably is at a big advantage there.  So that might be why he jumped big.

Tomorrow is jumping.  So not sure if this is like a English jumping race, or a equestrian jumping competition.  Probably an equestrian.  But he has a shot at least.

I think that article was a couple days old.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Looking further.  In team, he finished 6th.  And he still is in the running for cross country and open team cross country.  And looks like he's still in the jumping category. 

Great!

So...I've gained interest in and some knowledge of Rugby 7's today, and  found a reason to follow some equestrian events.

This Olympics is getting better...and the Golf is fun too. 

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/emotional-hall-fame-induction-ceremony-honors-rachel-alexandra-zenyatta-asmussen-Dominguez/

Emotional Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony Honors Rachel Alexandra, Zenyatta, Asmussen, Dominguez

The 2016 Hall of Fame class includes Rachel Alexandra (Barbara Banke holding her plaque), Zenyatta (Jerry & Ann Moss), trainer Steve Asmussen, and jockey Ramon DominguezHall-of-Fame-class-of-2016.jpg

33 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Adam...they have missed you this year more than you think... 

Purses At Del Mar Cut By Five Percent For Remainder Of Meeting

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/purses-del-mar-cut-five-percent-remainder-meeting/

Ha! I was there Friday. Hit two tries, an exacta and a win bet and still managed to break even. I had a huge double and win bet in the 2nd race. My horse finished 2nd. In the 5th race I was alive to a double and pick 3. My horses finished 2nd and 4th. Made a big win bet in the last and my horse finished 6th (beaten 1.5 lengths).

Fun day though!

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Anyone looking forward to this weekends Pacific Classic?  If it is Chrome vs Beholder.  Man that's going to be fun to watch. 

Read where Nyquist is stabled and working just up the road at San Luis Rey...they should bring him on down, too.

Not so sure that Beholder will be "crushed" looked to me like the last race was "needed".

Interested to see what the rest of the field is going to be..

37 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Read where Nyquist is stabled and working just up the road at San Luis Rey...they should bring him on down, too.

Not so sure that Beholder will be "crushed" looked to me like the last race was "needed".

Interested to see what the rest of the field is going to be..

Dortmund is the other one that I hear will be running.  Would be nice if Nyquist ran too.  But these might be too much horse for him to even come in the exotics.  He might look for easier.

i was thinking that for the Pacific Classic, if Beholder wins or comes close to beating Chrome, she's headed to the Classic.  But, if she doesn't do well, a Songbird vs Beholder Ladies classic? 

Either way, it's a win win.  I'd love to see Beholder go against the boys.  But I'd also like to see Beholder go against Songbird.

O'Neill says Nyquist is in the middle of a growth spurt and they want to give him some time. I think we might see him in the Dirt Mile and then again in the Malibu before he retires. Maybe the Los Derby but unlikely. 

Chrome drew post 1, Beholder 7 and Dortmund 8. Obviously if you were ever going to take a serious shot against Chrome this year, now would be the time. However, there isn't a lot of speed directly outside of him so he should be able to clear those and get into a position he wants, especially if Dortmund goes, which he will. 

Should be a great race!

I'll tell you right now, I'm playing a cold exacta - Chrome with Hoppertunity. I think there will be some good value on Hopp! 

I expect Dortmund to be on the lead with Beholder just off and Chrome sitting about 2 off for most of the race. I think Chrome makes his move on the far turn and the other two fade enough to allow Hoppertunity to pick up the pieces and finish 2nd. I think for Dortmund to win at 10F he'll need to cut fractions of 24 and 48. I don't see that happening on the West Coast. Baffert should have sent him East where the jockeys are all little bitches. 

23 hours ago, gotbeer said:

i was thinking that for the Pacific Classic, if Beholder wins or comes close to beating Chrome, she's headed to the Classic.  But, if she doesn't do well, a Songbird vs Beholder Ladies classic? 

Either way, it's a win win.  I'd love to see Beholder go against the boys.  But I'd also like to see Beholder go against Songbird.

Beholder v Songbird would be my preference/wish...

I want this next couple months to be all about Chrome. Would love to see him win the Classic going away.. and retire.

“The No. 1 post is never any good at any track,” said Art Sherman, Chrome’s 79-year-old trainer. “But I still wouldn’t take my chances with any other horse. He’s coming into this race with no excuses. Plus, the last time I checked, the rail is the shortest way around the track.”

pacific-classic.jpg