• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

Race 6...I had 8/2-6 exacta...7 got 2nd but it looked that there was interference at the wire, between 7 and 6 who pulled up.

Wound up 8-7-2

Inquiry and Jocks claim of foul against the 7.

Can an inquiry help me for a change??

Stay tuned.

F me...no change.

Race 7

10-Ice Cutter (15-1) comes in with good form. This jock-trainer combos was 2 for 3 last year at Saratoga and win at a high percentage this year (38%).

Already down to 5-1.

24 mins to post.

Edit: this is a nice betting race here. Your ml 9/5 favorite is up to 7/2.

I also like #8 Ascend. Never been worse than 2nd. Lightly raced 4 yo (8 starts) sitting at 4-1

2-3-8-10..my famous 4 horse tri box for .50. (love the 50 cent tri) When there is no heavy favorite, in a 10 horse field, this bet is perfect (if you hit it its even better)..but 12.00 for a 4 horse tri is reasonable. Usually pays nice (150+) in this scenario.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:57 PM, Homebrewer said:

6-3 exacta box 1st at Del Mar (20.00)

Seems they tend to come in spurts. I'd rather lose in a stride duel than see a horse quit on me, which is what happened with the Del Mar exacta above.

F'n 3 horse was a $500,000 purchase, 4 siblings are all winners, and this was his 5th (or 6th don't remember) try. Work tabs are steady with some really eye catching and otherwise solid times..

Battled to the 8th pole, all alone with the 6 and then packed it in, finishing 3rd.

It was about as ice cold of an exacta as there can be, if the piece of shit can run 6 f'n furlongs without quitting.

I quit for the day after that.

Did watch Chrome battle Dortmund though, Dortmund is a game ass horse...Pacific Classic is going to add Beholder, that should be f.u.n. 

46 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

.Pacific Classic is going to add Beholder, that should be f.u.n. 

That will be one fun race.  Beholder is such a freak.  Kind of like the other horse that ran yesterday. 

I would really love to see a Beholder vs Songbird race.  But with Beholder being 6, the Breeders Cup Classic might be her swan song.  And I think Songbird will only go after 3 YO's, with the exception of the Breeders Cup Ladies Classic.  Can we hope that maybe the Big Cap is where we could see the superrace?

As for Dortmund and Chrome that was a great race, but I'm not drinking the Dortmund kool aid. Baffert trains as such that his horses usually fire their best off of the layoff. Sherman, on the other hand does not. Chrome always fires better 2nd off the lay off. Plus, we've seen Dortmund run longer than 9F and he faded both times. 

If Dortmund were ever going to beat Chrome it would have been this past Saturday. He couldn't. He should duck him from here on out and point toward the dirt mile IMO

I get it. They don't want her bumming around in non-graded stakes and allowance races. They can breed her once and probably sell the foal for more than she could ever win if she ran 10 more times. 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 3:27 PM, Adam said:

Tizzarunner (9-1)...2nd

Rhaina Da Bateria (28-1)...3rd by 4 inches

I wish I had stuck around for the Diana...liked Dacita and had both your horse and the eventual place horse (Recepta, mostly because of Velasquez)  circled.  . Ortiz-Velasquez-Leperoux-turf stakes?

Hell of a race to watch..

tri paid 1,200+.

That sucks. I know you don't want to trust yourself with an online account, but it's one of the main reasons to have one.It's one thing to handicap well and get beat, it's another thing completely to get shut out, when you're ready to make a bet. Handicapping is hard, and with the amount of time you obviously put in, it hurts not to cash when you have the race right. But, an online account takes some serious discipline, something I've had to learn.

Myself, I just got frustrated with the day early, and when you have a betting account it's easy to chase money. I might have gotten well on that race, but then again I might have slightly altered tactics and missed it. I've found when I get frustrated by a bad beat or a poor effort or bad racing luck or a poor ride.. any of the many things that racing can throw at you on any day...I don't think as clearly and oft-times don't stick to my usual preferences; horizontals. I start trying to get fancy.

I tend to just get up and leave, rather than add to my losses. It'll be there when I want to go back, stress free and with a clear head.  

These expensive maiden claimers (40k+) and MSW races at Saratoga are just too much to resist. Goddam these horses are all amazingly bred, but they are tough races to handicap. You don't know how they will handle the surface, many are back from long layoffs, being gelded, many are shortening and or switching surfaces and/or being offered for a tag for the first time..

It's pretty much body language, fitness, and a lot of luck...and of course the tote (although that hasn't been a huge help in many of these affairs thus far)

6th today: I really like the 4 Blenheim Place, but she's 3-5 right now. I'm thinking of playing one with her...just to finally cash a ticket on one of these maiden toughies..

Edit: Gun-shy and couldn't pull the trigger and glad I didn't..I'm going to keep watching these races for a week or two. Some of these winners will be back later in the meet.

Well well well...FINALLY hit a race at The Spa.

Gonna pay nice. 9-8-and 26 -1 in that order.

Now... no inquiries or objections please..

And it's official!

.50 tri 584.00

LOL! I went with my eyes, an on track girl in the paddock who just tells us what she sees from the horses..  and disregarded the tote altogether. I had 3 different .50tri bets, 4.00 each, and that was just about going to wipe out my account. Hadn't cashed a ticket in a while..

Last bet on what I had in there, on the last race at Saratoga today.

Can't top that one...done for today.

Hehehehe..