• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

I had to make an unplanned trip down the mountain yesterday so missed the day ..(but I did have In N Out!)

Watched replay with Moonlight Drive who came in 2nd..going to replay race 4.

I wouldn't have had a good day, but I never do at Del Mar opening day...so I'm pretty gun-shy until at least a week and preferably 2 into the meet.

Opening day at the Spa, horse junkies. Looked at this 8th race this morning and it's an interesting affair.

6F Stakes for 2yo fillies, all of whom won 1st time out (well, 2 won 2nd time out) but the point is they have all won early.

Hard to say what will happen when they meet other somewhat talented horses, much of it will be break and trip.

So...I'm going value and jockey and maybe a little breeding.

#3 Rosario 5-1 Uncle Mo

#4 Velasquez 3-1 Tapit

#1 Ortiz  7-2 Speightstown

1-3-4 $5 Exacta box

Throwing the favorite into a .50 tri box 1-3-4-5.

The horses have reached the starting gate...Saratoga 2016.

My son's birthday party goes from 10-12 tomorrow so I may not be able to get down until 1:30 or so. I looked at Races 7-11

Race 7

10-Ice Cutter (15-1) comes in with good form. This jock-trainer combos was 2 for 3 last year at Saratoga and win at a high percentage this year (38%).

3-Slim Shady (8-1) finished ahead of the 9-5 favorite in a race back in April. Consistently fast speed figs.

2-Inordinate (9-5) is too short to consider on top. Finished first last out but DQ'd.

Race 8

3-Tizzarunner (12-1) comes out of the hottest barn in America, 2nd off of the layoff with a lot of back class. May have to run a career best to win here but the price is right to take that gamble. Expect this one to be bet much harder than the ML suggests.

1A-Catapult (5-2) is part of an entry and might be the most likely winner for Chad Brown. Impressive in debut last year and ran okay in the 2016 debut. Will be bet hard. You get another talented horse in you go this route, though.

6-Conquest See Ya (10-1) is another Casse horse. Good form. Definitely consider for underneath.

Race 9

3-Conviction (3-1) offers good value as My Man Sam returns from a layoff and will take a lot of money. Conviction is a late bloomer for Pletcher, who kills it at Saratoga.

2-Caydern (9-2) should get the lead in here and have it his own way on the front. Must use in all wagers!

4-My Man Sam (8-5) should have enough to get up for a placing late. Workout reports aren't flattering and my gut says he'll need a race. Would be interested in playing him back in the Travers perhaps, as closers have done well in that one.

Race 10

9-Rhaina De Bateria (20-1) ran super in the Just A Game to finish 7th. Went way wide and had a brutal trip. In a wide open race, I'll give a shot to this closer to pick em off late.

6-Dacita (5-1) is going to get bet down based on her win last year at Saratoga. This one needs super firm turf. If she gets it she has a big shot.

2-Miss Temple City (3-1) will be too short. Definitely has a shot based on her performance this year but too many questions coming back from Ascot.

Race 11

3-Aripeka (7-2) unlike others in here has been running at this level for a few races and running very well. Right rider up and should get a good trip from the 3-hole.

11-Amen Kitten (12-1) had a rough trip and did little in his last, but previously had been on quite the roll. Wesley Ward means business. Good price in an open field.

2-Winter Springs (5-2) has not performed up to expectations and takes a big drop here. Too big. Very suspicious that the connections would drop her in for a small tag.