• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

Well so far my 'capping sucks today...

Observations so far at Churchill...

Closers aren't getting it done. The track certainly is favoring speed, and speed is holding up.

We'll see if that means anything, but it is going to be on my mind as the race comes near.

#

Horse Jockey Win Place Show
6 Sharp Azteca Zayas E J $28.20 $13.20 $9.60
7 Forevamo Geroux F - $9.20 $6.00
13 Star Hill Lanerie C J - - $9.40
9 Fellowship Lezcano J - - -
Winning Trainer: Jorge Navarro – Owner: Gelfenstein Farm
$1 Superfecta Box Paid $7,578.30
$2 Exacta (6-7) Paid $189.20
$0.50 Trifecta (6-7-13) Paid $572.70
$2 Superfecta (6-7-13-9) Paid $15,156.60
$0.50 Pick-3 (8/9/6) Paid $611.30 (3OF3)
$2 Double (9/6) Paid $535.20

Nice pays here. Didn't see the winner, but the rest were horses I used.

Lookin really cloudy and dark there...stand by.

If the sky opens up, Exaggerator's odds will be coming down too.

edit: YEP the rain has started!!!

I wonder if this will mean any scratches..

Edited by Homebrewer

Well I finally cashed a ticket!

Should be nice with the favorite out of it too....but it's tempered with a bad spill.

No results yet...and both jocks look to be OK but it was one hell of a spill.

EDIT:

WHOO HOOO!

This makes my day...now on to the big dance with a bankroll.

# Horse Jockey Win Place Show
8 Divisidero Prado E S $15.40 $7.60 $5.60
11 World Approval Leparoux J R - $9.80 $6.80
6 Slumber (GB) Ortiz, Jr. I - - $5.40
10 Tourist Geroux F - - -

Scratched: Grand Tito (1)

Winning Trainer: William B Bradley – Owner: Gunpowder Farms LLC
$1 Superfecta Box Paid $3,066.70
$2 Double (6/1) Paid $23.00
$2 Double (6/8) Paid $147.00
$2 Exacta (8-11) Paid $157.80

$0.50 Trifecta (8-11-6) Paid $328.90

$2 Superfecta (8-11-6-10) Paid $6,133.40
$0.50 Pick-3 (9/6/1) Paid $124.80 (3OF3)
$0.50 Pick-3 (9/6/8) Paid $1,173.15 (3OF3)
Edited by Homebrewer

As long as Nyquist doesn't win I think I've got this one covered..lol

If he does win...so be it

$0.50 TR
        3, 11, 14, 17
with 3,  5, 11, 13, 14, 17, 19
with 3,  5, 11, 13, 14, 17, 19
Wager Total $60.00

If it hits it'll be balloons!

Edited by Homebrewer

After watching the race a few more times.  This is what I think will happen.

Preakness.  Songbird will run and win.  Just seemed odd that Songbird was with a fever weeks before the Oaks, and she didn't run in it.  Makes me wonder if she is pointing towards the Preakness.  Shorter race, so it will suite her much better.  Will follow Rachel's shoes. 

Belmont.  If Songbird does run, and win.  Nyquist won't run in the Belmont.  No reason to push him if he's off the triple crown trail.  This will leave Exaggerator and Suddenlybreakingnews as the 1-2 box.  SBN was flying at the end of the race, and the extra distance in the Belmont will be a big help to that horse. 

Breeders Cup.  Songbird vs Nyquist vs California Chrome vs Exaggerator vs Suddenlybreakingnews  Now that will be a race.

race 5

Beholder.  Yeah, like she is a super horse.  Forgot to add her to the Breeders Cup super race.  I'd play her as a single to doubles, pick 3, pick 4, pick 5.  It's a free square.  If you play exacta, tri, supers, her on top single and then vary on the bottom. 

Unfortunately, other than that.  Nothing stands out on name.  Don't have the form or have time this morning.  Just use the free square in the picks. 

14 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

race 5

Beholder.  Yeah, like she is a super horse.  Forgot to add her to the Breeders Cup super race.  I'd play her as a single to doubles, pick 3, pick 4, pick 5.  It's a free square.  If you play exacta, tri, supers, her on top single and then vary on the bottom. 

Unfortunately, other than that.  Nothing stands out on name.  Don't have the form or have time this morning.  Just use the free square in the picks. 

Thank you GB.

Chalk soup again. Ugh. The point system has kind of screwed the derby from a betting standpoint. I had everything into the derby and was alive to a bunch of cash to the 2. Played Nyquist on top in verticals and cashed a tiny tri. Almost embarrassed to cash the ticket.

Sucks. I loved Divisidero yesterday and while it hit the exacta in that race I should have cleaned up. 

Im focusing way more on the undercard next year

20 minutes ago, Adam said:

Chalk soup again. Ugh. The point system has kind of screwed the derby from a betting standpoint. I had everything into the derby and was alive to a bunch of cash to the 2. Played Nyquist on top in verticals and cashed a tiny tri. Almost embarrassed to cash the ticket.

Sucks. I loved Divisidero yesterday and while it hit the exacta in that race I should have cleaned up. 

Im focusing way more on the undercard next year

I'm trying to figure out if this post means you won. Not having any luck

Mohaymen ran well, finishing alongside Gun Runner and Suddenbreakingnews in a photo.

I've been trying to watch Exaggerator's run, would like to find somewhere that isolates cameras on horses, but have yet to find anything.

It looks like he had to swing from the rail to 4 wide at the 1/4 pole or so, and that might have cost him the race right there. Kent is not my favorite rider to put it mildly...but it doesn't look like he did anything really stupid...although with the camera coverage and the multitude of horses it's really hard to pick out one horse and watch his trip.

Had a decent day even without a winner in the derby..which is usually the other way around for me. I usually suck on the undercard and make it back in the derby.

He and Suddenbreakingnews made up a ton of ground. Really the only ones running. That said, Nyquist was much the best. Ran a sub 23 seconds first quarter and was cruising in the stretch. So much so that Mario turned his whole body around to see what was behind him. And, Exaggerator never passed him passed the wire. 

I was impressed with Nyquist for sure. He really got the perfect ride, too. I never really buy in to a 3 year old, no matter if it is undefeated.. until he proves he can win in the style he won, 2:01 and change? wow....and against that many decent horses. Betting a favorite in these big races isn't my style either...unless it's to spend $2 for a ticket to hang on my wall..