• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

The Breeders’ Cup Challenge

They win, and they’re in. Watch the drama unfold as the world’s top thoroughbreds battle it out in the Breeders’ Cup Challenge Series: Win & You’re In™ for a starting spot and a share of $26 million in purses and awards in the 2016 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, November 4 and 5 at Santa Anita Park.

http://www.breederscup.com/races/breeders-cup-challenge?utm_source=BC&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Challenge/

One thing I noticed.  No Asian tracks to qualify.  South American, Europe, and even some Middle East.  But no Japan or HK or Singapore. 

One thing I noticed.  No Asian tracks to qualify.  South American, Europe, and even some Middle East.  But no Japan or HK or Singapore.

I blame Adam.

Seriously though..that is an interesting point. I wonder if it has something to do with racing surfaces.

Just a wild guess. Probably politics and/or purse contributions more than anything..

I know Japan {(JPN) on your racing program} has a serious breeding industry.

I blame Adam.

Seriously though..that is an interesting point. I wonder if it has something to do with racing surfaces.

Just a wild guess. Probably politics and/or purse contributions more than anything..

I know Japan {(JPN) on your racing program} has a serious breeding industry.

I don't know about surfaces.  Woodbine has poly.  I think Japan is mainly dirt.  HK might be poly.  Europe goes backwards also, just like some Japanese courses. 

Come to think of it, no Australian tracks either. 

Googling the tracks

Kenilworth - South Africa

Randwick - Australia

Palermo - Argentina

Club Hípico de Santiago - Chile

San Isidro - Argentina

Hipódromo da Gávea - Brazil

Hipódromo de Monterrico - Peru

Ascot - England

Goodwood - England

Deauville - France

York - England

Baden Baden - Germany

Leopardstown - Ireland

Curragh Racecourse - Ireland

Woodbine - Canada

Newmarket - England

Chantilly - France

So my mistake.  There is Australia.  But no Middle East or Asia. 

Australia has many tracks, but not many of them have long meets.

It's such a big country that shipping horses around probably makes little sense logistically or financially.

Most towns there have tracks, and many of them are really nice...but the meets are more like our fair circuit type things. 1-2 weeks of racing before they move on.

If you have a special horse, you have to ship out of the country to find competition and race conditions that suit your animal.

Edited by Homebrewer

So my mistake. There is Australia. But no Middle East or Asia.

In the Middle East they are doing everything they can to establish their own version of the breeders cup.

There's probably a little animosity... and there's certainly some competition.

Good for the sport as long as they don't get too cut-throat and keep themselves scheduled apart far enough.

A lot of these horses that win overseas, don't even make the trek here. I guess its cool, but last year, we ended up with Hard Aces in the Classic. Silly. 

But then you get a horse like Goldikova.  But to make your point.  Would have loved to see Black Caviar in a BC race. 

Yeah but those horses can still qualify and pony up the dough if they want to come.

Anyway, I can't wait for the BC. Easily my favorite event year in and year out now. 

I agree.  BC is top to bottom, two days of great racing.  Where Derby is probably favorite single race of the year.  I just hate Churchill Downs Corp.

Hopefully the card this year is salty. If Tepin goes in the Woodford, I will include her in multi's, but I'll be spreading and hope to beat her. She's going to be 4-5

Edited by Adam

Hey Tank, what are you looking for in your Colts leading up to the race from a workout perspective? You want to see fast 1/2 mile blowouts or longer breezes?

Edited by Adam

Yeah CD is awful. I don't understand why they don't just keep it in So Cal. I'd be petrified by the potential for awful weather. Plus, CD gets the Derby every year. 

Oh well, we've got it the next two years in a row! Can't wait to see how Del Mar handles it. I think I will be betting through my phone at Del Mar. Gonna be crazy. 

Prelim picks.  Which I probably won't change.  So I'll lose.  But if I change, I would have been right, and I will lose.  You get the picture.  Anyways.

Oaks

1/2 Terra Promessa and Weep No More

2 Royal Obsession

2/3 Rachel's Valentina

3 Taxable

Super Terra Promessa, Weep No More with TP, WNM, Royal Obsession, Rachel's Velentina with TP, WNM, RO, RV, Taxable  $3.60

Derby

1/2 Nyquist and Exaggerator

2 Creator

3 Brody's Cause and My Man Sam

4 Gun Runner and Suddenbreakingnews

Super Nyquist, Exaggerator with N, E, Creator with N, E, C, Brody's Cause, My Man Sam with N, E, C, BC, MMS, Gun Runner, Sudenbreakingnews $4.80 

Might also play a Exaggerator/Creator exacta.  My hope is those two hitch up for the stretch run.

So now you know what horses not to bet on.