• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Who's better: Angels or Dodgers?

Hmmm it's close. Kershaw and Greinke is the best 1-2 punch in the game, Ryu is solid when healthy, McCarthy can be a real weapon, and Anderson has a great arm (again when healthy). If their rotation is healthy, it's better than ours. Urias in the their system also helps. But I like our depth a little more with Heaney, Newcomb, Tropeano, Santiago, and Rasmus. I feel beyond comfortable saying our pen is better. If Bedorsian pitches to his capabilities, BedRock-Morin-Smith-Street could be one of the most underrated pens in the game. The Doyers have a lot question marks in their pen. 

If Pujols' knee is completely healthy, I think first base is a wash between the two. Comparing second base makes me miss Howie even more (goddamn you, Dodgers). I like Aybar's youth in comparison to Rollins. Uribe is a good defender and a decent bat when healthy, Freese is "meh". Grandal has the upside to be better than Iannetta. I'll give the Angels the point for the outfield though. Trout, Calhoun, Joyce/Cowgill, and...Hamilton I guess is better than Puig, Pederson, and Ethier/Crawford. If Turner can repeat his career year last year, they have a really good bench (Van Slyke is incredibly underrated, Ellis will be a great backup). Oh and the Dodgers have uber-prospects Seager, Urias, Pederson, and Holmes while we only have Newcomb and Heaney. Hate to say it but I give the advantage to the Dodgers. We have the potential to be better though IMO, but that's "potential". 

This is mostly fair, though he forgot to mention how big the gap is between Trout and Pederson, as well as the bullpens.

The Dodgers have a significantly better 1-2-3 punch in the rotation, but the Angels have the better depth, especially at the back end.

He also mentioned that Aybar is barely better than Rollins, yet didn't indicate the same closeness between Pujols and A-Gon, which IMO is closer to a tossup.

Finally, Crawford over Hamilton is highly debatable. Both guys are meh but that's kind of the point.

Age plays a big factor.  They dont have a single fielder that is below 30 except Puig.  Also, their bullpen is not as good as ours.  However, their rotation has the potential to be the best in the league, and their prospects are enticing.  We'll see what happens.  Btw, I can see them signing Moncada/Alvarez/Ibanez since they messed up with Guerrero.  So their depth would be even better

This is mostly fair, though he forgot to mention how big the gap is between Trout and Pederson, as well as the bullpens.

The Dodgers have a significantly better 1-2-3 punch in the rotation, but the Angels have the better depth, especially at the back end.

He also mentioned that Aybar is barely better than Rollins, yet didn't indicate the same closeness between Pujols and A-Gon, which IMO is closer to a tossup.

Finally, Crawford over Hamilton is highly debatable. Both guys are meh but that's kind of the point.

"I don't know, 36-year-old shortstops worry me. Plus this: The last season Rollins had a higher WAR than Aybar was 2008." His reasoning made it sound like it was easily Aybar, than he says its close. Very odd. 

i won't bother breaking down the specifics, but organizationally from top to bottom, the dodgers have the better team. they have a very good mlb team and an extremely good looking farm system. if only a handful of their prospects really pan out, their mlb team is in great shape.

if the angels loaded up on moncada, ibanez, baldoquin, etc., then i'd say the same thing about the angels. it's the second reason why i'd like them to really go over the top on their international signings right now. the #1 reason is i'd just like to watch the players on the angels.

Edited by ukyah

Age plays a big factor.  They dont have a single fielder that is below 30 except Puig.  Also, their bullpen is not as good as ours.  However, their rotation has the potential to be the best in the league, and their prospects are enticing.  We'll see what happens.  Btw, I can see them signing Moncada/Alvarez/Ibanez since they messed up with Guerrero.  So their depth would be even better

Pederson is 22.

So the dodgers have 2 players under 30.

I count the same for the angels.

Edited by Poozy

Hmmm it's close. Kershaw and Greinke is the best 1-2 punch in the game, Ryu is solid when healthy, McCarthy can be a real weapon, and Anderson has a great arm (again when healthy). If their rotation is healthy, it's better than ours. Urias in the their system also helps. But I like our depth a little more with Heaney, Newcomb, Tropeano, Santiago, and Rasmus. I feel beyond comfortable saying our pen is better. If Bedorsian pitches to his capabilities, BedRock-Morin-Smith-Street could be one of the most underrated pens in the game. The Doyers have a lot question marks in their pen. 

If Pujols' knee is completely healthy, I think first base is a wash between the two. Comparing second base makes me miss Howie even more (goddamn you, Dodgers). I like Aybar's youth in comparison to Rollins. Uribe is a good defender and a decent bat when healthy, Freese is "meh". Grandal has the upside to be better than Iannetta. I'll give the Angels the point for the outfield though. Trout, Calhoun, Joyce/Cowgill, and...Hamilton I guess is better than Puig, Pederson, and Ethier/Crawford. If Turner can repeat his career year last year, they have a really good bench (Van Slyke is incredibly underrated, Ellis will be a great backup). Oh and the Dodgers have uber-prospects Seager, Urias, Pederson, and Holmes while we only have Newcomb and Heaney. Hate to say it but I give the advantage to the Dodgers. We have the potential to be better though IMO, but that's "potential". 

after reading this, i think a name change may be in order

The Los Angeles When Healthy's 

gotta give the edge to the Dodgers right now...........Kershaw is perhaps the best pitcher in the game today and stacks up well against other greats from other era's.

Dodger rotation is better and they've significantly improved their infield -- I give the LA Dodgers the edge at second base over the LA Angels. HK !!

I think the Angels still need to make a move or two to get to season ready. Still concerned about 2B situation.

Hamilton injury actually makes me feel better about the opening day line up -- couldn't afford another 13 ABs to start the season like the 13 ABs Hamilton had in the 2014 post-season.

I give Dogs edge in rotation and bullpen......I give the Halos edge in OF (Trout)......but overall, gotta give the edge to the Dogs right now. Hate to say that.

gotta give the edge to the Dodgers right now...........Kershaw is perhaps the best pitcher in the game today and stacks up well against other greats from other era's.

Dodger rotation is better and they've significantly improved their infield -- I give the LA Dodgers the edge at second base over the LA Angels. HK !!

I think the Angels still need to make a move or two to get to season ready. Still concerned about 2B situation.

Hamilton injury actually makes me feel better about the opening day line up -- couldn't afford another 13 ABs to start the season like the 13 ABs Hamilton had in the 2014 post-season.

I give Dogs edge in rotation and bullpen......I give the Halos edge in OF (Trout)......but overall, gotta give the edge to the Dogs right now. Hate to say that.

Wait, you give the Dogs the edge in bullpen????????????????????????????????