• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

RIP Dave Bergman

R.I.P Dave 

I was at the Big A in 1970 when the Skanks' Gene Michael pulled off the hidden ball trick.   I don't remember the Halos base runner though who was hoodwinked.  

Sid O'Brien? Not sure if it was him, tho i remember a story about him getting his 1st ml hit. And being so excited that he wasn't paying attention when he was picked off.

My gawd look at this Steinbrenner nonsense on that page:

Aug 3, 1982 - The White Sox sweep a doubleheader at Yankee Stadium 1-0 and 14-2‚ prompting Yankees owner George Steinbrenner to fire manager Gene Michael and replace him with pitching coach Clyde King. King is the Yankees' 3rd manager this season.

Apr 25, 1982 - Just 14 games into the season‚ George Steinbrenner fires manager Bob Lemon and replaces him with Gene Michael‚ the man Lemon had replaced last September.

Dec 9, 1981 - One day after announcing that manager Bob Lemon will return in 1982‚ the Yankees announce that former manager Gene Michael‚ whom Lemon replaced on September 6th‚ will return as manager for the 1983 season. They won't wait that long.

Sep 6, 1981 - Despite having won the first-half pennant‚ Yankee manager Gene Michael is replaced by Bob Lemon‚ who managed the club in 1978-79. The Yankees are only 2 games above .500 in the 2nd half of the season.

Nov 21, 1980 - Ending weeks of speculation that he would be fired despite having led the Yankees to 103 wins last season‚ manager Dick Howser "resigns" and is immediately replaced by GM Gene Michael.

If George extended me a job offer, I'd say F*** THAT, I'm definitely don't want to be a part of that circus act.