• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Simplisafe alarm systems

Considering putting one of these in. It seems like with my current system, every time I find an alarm company ADT buys them out (it has happened three times). Wondering if a system not hooked to a physical phone line might be a good idea. Anybody have experience with this system?

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

we're considering that or AT&T's system (we're already AT&T customers and can get a discount).

the police officer who took our burglary report recommended simplisafe to us. said it was a good system.

my brother has the AT&T system. when he shows up late for the super bowl party at my house on sunday, i'll ask him how he likes it.

Edited by Tank

Considering putting one of these in. It seems like with my current system, every time I find an alarm company ADT buys them out (it has happened three times). Wondering is a system not hooked to a physical phone line might be a good idea. Anybody have experience with this system?

I was about to go with a different company because ADT kept raising my monthly rate.  I decided to call them up and they cut my bill in half and added more sensors at no cost.  

We checked Comcast but they were outrageous.

I'm curious too, especially since Vivint is the company that one of my neighbors signed up with.

One of my main quarrels with ADT is that on two occasions, with no warning they bought out my current alarm company and sent me a bill for two months to bring my billing cycle "in line" with theirs. Both times it happened when I was barely making ends meet and I really couldn't afford a double payment.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I use Simpli Safe. My only issue is the fact that the sensors are pretty clunky looking, but I couldn't care less about having my alarm system integrated with the rest of any smart features.

The smartphone interface is solid enough and as best I can tell it's the only monitored/police dispatch service of the DIY kits.

The only time we've had an alarm, the police were on site very quickly.

I give it a solid thumbs up.

I use Simpli Safe. My only issue is the fact that the sensors are pretty clunky looking, but I couldn't care less about having my alarm system integrated with the rest of any smart features.

The smartphone interface is solid enough and as best I can tell it's the only monitored/police dispatch service of the DIY kits.

The only time we've had an alarm, the police were on site very quickly.

I give it a solid thumbs up.

Appreciate it, Rally. I'm pretty sure that this is the way we're going to go.