• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

state of the union

the whole dem v. repubs. makes me laugh at this point. can't anybody see our entire government is nothing more than a dog and pony show giving the illusion of you having a voice in government- see citizens united decision. if you or your posse doesnt have a billion to bribe these people with, they dont give a shit what happens with you. in fact, the poorer you are the better. makes you easier to control.

the governments job is to maintain the status quo power and wealth structures. our government is not a democracy. ts a kleptocracy- as evidenced by the greatest transfer of wealth in the history of mankind via TARP and continuing regressive tax structures.

Citizens United? What's that? There is at least one person in here that doesn't know what it is.

I agree that the unfortunate consequence of that decision is still obscene money being spent on campaigns but the decision itself is an interesting one.  I think we would all agree that corporations should have rights, in the matter of criminal defense, civil litigation and other areas.

At what point do they stop having the same rights as individuals?  It is an interesting topic.

No one is arguing it is isn't difficult. Life is hard for everyone. Even rich ****ers who snort blow off the asses of trannies

Yeah, but life is certainly better when you're snorting blow off the ass of a hot tranny than it is getting a $5 handy from Mary Meth behind the Planned Parenthood.

The way the banks and lenders rate and gives credit is brutal.  I hate it.  You'd think this "recession" (depression, really) would have reshaped the credit industry as there was so - and is - so much opportunity for a huge lender to both help and make money off of a neglected and massive set of people who can't get credit because their previously good credit went down the toilet along with their job, house, etc.

Why the president isn't addressing this more is a head scratcher.  It not only speaks to his core followers but it would also genuinely help the economy.  

That speaks to the problem more than anything else does.  We take our sides and talk them up, but really - R and D are the same team, just with different uniforms.  They both play for the bank.

the whole dem v. repubs. makes me laugh at this point. can't anybody see our entire government is nothing more than a dog and pony show giving the illusion of you having a voice in government- see citizens united decision. if you or your posse doesnt have a billion to bribe these people with, they dont give a shit what happens with you. in fact, the poorer you are the better. makes you easier to control.

the governments job is to maintain the status quo power and wealth structures. our government is not a democracy. ts a kleptocracy- as evidenced by the greatest transfer of wealth in the history of mankind via TARP and continuing regressive tax structures.

during the SOTU, i kept wondering how many times there was a some sort of signal or cue for dems to stand and applaud, and likewise for repubs to sit on their hands. i then wondered how many of them were going to go out for a beer together after the speech and discuss how well they made the public think they were enemies via tv.

it's no longer possible for me to think any of their actions are not scripted ahead of time. i don't think anything that happens in washington is a surprise to the people involved; it's a surprise to us, however, because so many of us want to believe that the people working "for us" have our best interests at heart. clearly, that is no longer the case.

it's time for some kind of revolution to wrest control of our country out of the hands of the tri-lateral commission, the world bank, the IMF, and the bohemian grove people.

I've made more money every year since I was in my early twenties. But my real tax rate has increased at a faster clip than my income rate in terms of percentages. 

You have become a part of the population that pays the most in taxes. That is how it is set up but is it libs that caused it or how it would have been anyway.  I don't defend Obama like it may seem but feel lib or con we would likely be in the same boat. Why I stick to MT's post, it is their agendas more than hjust lib handouts. 

You have become a part of the population that pays the most in taxes. That is how it is set up but is it libs that caused it or how it would have been anyway.  

It's caused by both sides because in the end neither is really protecting the middle class.  There's no denying what the top 1, 5 or 10% pay but whether it's an R or D that pushes something through aimed at getting more out of the top group or taking something away from the lowest group it backfires or falls short and the financial burden falls on the middle class.  I think we can all agree the system is long past broken and at the center of it all is a major spending problem.  For 3+ decades now deficit spending has been a way of life and it's not sustainable.  As long as most voters "side up" and blame the other guys we'll just continue on an unsustainable path which will ultimately screw us all.   

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

during the SOTU, i kept wondering how many times there was a some sort of signal or cue for dems to stand and applaud, and likewise for repubs to sit on their hands. i then wondered how many of them were going to go out for a beer together after the speech and discuss how well they made the public think they were enemies via tv.

it's no longer possible for me to think any of their actions are not scripted ahead of time. i don't think anything that happens in washington is a surprise to the people involved; it's a surprise to us, however, because so many of us want to believe that the people working "for us" have our best interests at heart. clearly, that is no longer the case.

it's time for some kind of revolution to wrest control of our country out of the hands of the tri-lateral commission, the world bank, the IMF, and the bohemian grove people.

careful guys. don't want to wind up on the list.

as far as revolution, imo that kind of thing only happens in response to hunger.

i feel sorry for our kids- i see the screws being tightened on them tighter and tighter through taxation, further limiting of economic opportunity and increased fear from the police.

That speaks to the problem more than anything else does.  We take our sides and talk them up, but really - R and D are the same team, just with different uniforms.  They both play for the bank.

If you know that, and I know that, and he knows that and they know that, then WTF

Revolution? Good idea.

Too bad nobody gives a shit. Nothing will change until the entire system completes its implosion and people are forced to do something.

That and despite our bitching, there is still a limitless opportunity to have a truly great life in this country. 

That and despite our bitching, there is still a limitless opportunity to have a truly great life in this country. 

Amen, and if both sides were not hell bent on breaking down the other and realize that things will be better.

You always hear about, but my childrens children, etc.  Unless some of you here are a Hilton none of us are living on Grand-Pappies money.  They were saying the same way back then.  I am trying to get my kids through college and a good foot in the door, even though I believe more kids need tech schools, but other than that Grand-Pappy will be dead and you need to deal.  Too easy to say Obama has killed your future, especially when the ones saying it have great financial contracts to pass on.  

For sure. But, I get really frustrated seeing good dudes arguing with each other about shit that really isn't all that different

Isn't that one thing that makes this country great though?  We can sit here and argue and piss and moan in one thread then hop on over to another thread and talk about what heart attack inducing burger we're picking up for dinner on the way home.  'merica!

Most of them would be pissed that blacks are free. Who cares what they think?

it's an innocent question, tobias. take a deep breath or two.

we've talked quite a bit in this forum about how corrupt the system has become and how the new boss is no different from the old one. when the framers were putting the plan together, they envisioned a republic that would function efficiently, not something that would be as broken as what we have now. just throwing out a rhetorical question about how they would view what we've done with what they left us.

haven't you ever wondered what your great grandparents would think about modern technology? same kind of rhetorical idea.