• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: 10 years later, how big of a deal was Angels' name change?

As someone who is local to the stadium, it bothered me. The Angels play in Anaheim, they represent Orange County, not LA. For anyone whos fimilar with both, you would know that Anaheim/LA are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT places. They are like different planets when you compare them.

But im at least glad Anaheim was kept in the name, as stupid as it sounds.

I don't think there's any doubt that it assisted in boosting the Angels recognition nationwide.

just look at the numbers.......

Los Angeles Angels is the MLB franchise that Gene Autry 'bought' into and paid dearly (to Walter O' Malley) for. It's the franchise they have a right to and when marketing guy Arte Moreno took over the team he understood the marketing advantages to the Los Angeles name immediately.

I thought then and now it was a good call to change the name -- even if OC folks and the City of Anaheim didn't like it.

Speaking of the City of Anaheim -- I hope they are paying close attention to all the NFL stadium building noise just to the north --- if there are several stadiums and only ONE (or even NONE) NFL teams......doncha think one of the ballparks can be developed as a baseball only venue???  Angels may be opting out of their Anaheim lease soon..........

I don't think there's any doubt that it assisted in boosting the Angels recognition nationwide.

just look at the numbers.......

Los Angeles Angels is the MLB franchise that Gene Autry 'bought' into and paid dearly (to Walter O' Malley) for. It's the franchise they have a right to and when marketing guy Arte Moreno took over the team he understood the marketing advantages to the Los Angeles name immediately.

I thought then and now it was a good call to change the name -- even if OC folks and the City of Anaheim didn't like it.

Speaking of the City of Anaheim -- I hope they are paying close attention to all the NFL stadium building noise just to the north --- if there are several stadiums and only ONE (or even NONE) NFL teams......doncha think one of the ballparks can be developed as a baseball only venue???  Angels may be opting out of their Anaheim lease soon..........

Moving the team from Anaheim to LA would be one of the stupidest moves.  The Angels have built up a fantastic fan base here in Orange County.  As far as I know, they do very well in ticket sales.  At least every time I go to a game, they are well over 40k in attendance.  

Nobody would support the team if they moved to the real LA.  LA is a Dodgers town, especially if the Dodgers are doing well.  The Angels would be just like the Clippers if they moved to LA, a fun team to watch for some people but not a team anyone genuinely cares about.  

Moving the team from Anaheim to LA would be one of the stupidest moves.  The Angels have built up a fantastic fan base here in Orange County.  As far as I know, they do very well in ticket sales.  At least every time I go to a game, they are well over 40k in attendance.  

Nobody would support the team if they moved to the real LA.  LA is a Dodgers town, especially if the Dodgers are doing well.  The Angels would be just like the Clippers if they moved to LA, a fun team to watch for some people but not a team anyone genuinely cares about.  

That would have more affect if the Clippers just hadn't sold for the ridiculous 2 billion that they did. Clearly even being a runner up in LA has its perks.

That would have more affect if the Clippers just hadn't sold for the ridiculous 2 billion that they did. Clearly even being a runner up in LA has its perks.

The Angels are already an extremely valuable franchise.  But their real fan base is here.  You wont find many Angels fans in LA.  And if you did find an Angels fan in LA, he most likely moved there from the OC.  

As someone who is local to the stadium, it bothered me. The Angels play in Anaheim, they represent Orange County, not LA. For anyone whos fimilar with both, you would know that Anaheim/LA are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT places. They are like different planets when you compare them.

The LA border is @6 miles from the stadium.

But the Clippers didn't even HAVE a fan base until the past few seasons when they weren't completely terrible. And there is a rather large difference between the 2 billion the Dodgers are worth and the 775 million (ever take a half billion) the Angels are supposedly worth. I don't think the SHOULD move. But I'd understand it.

For anyone whos fimilar with both, you would know that Anaheim/LA are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT places. They are like different planets when you compare them.

---------

They really aren't.

You've never been there if you think Anaheim/LA are not entirely different.  So are you telling me going to an Angels game is like going to a Dodgers game?

For anyone whos fimilar with both, you would know that Anaheim/LA are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT places. They are like different planets when you compare them.

---------

They really aren't.

You've never been there if you think Anaheim/LA are not entirely different.  So are you telling me going to an Angels game is like going to a Dodgers game?

s-ARSENIO-large.jpg