• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

FDA Crackdown on E-Cigs

NrM

**** the FDA.

Went from smoking a  pack every other day to smoking a few cigs a month.

I don't think I'll have any trouble quitting completely soon thanks to ecigs.

If anyone else is looking to make the switch, feel free to hit me up with a PM and I can give you all the info you need.

Edited by Poozy

I think they should be regulated in some way.  I have no idea what is or is not healthy in ecigs and whether the ingredients in them is healthy or just whatever someone put in to make a few bucks.  

I think they are also pretty disgusting when people think they can smoke them in restaurants and bars.  Last thing I want is your icky vapor that has been in your mouth and lungs on my food and drink.  

But I do agree that it helps people kick the habit.  

I think they should be regulated in some way.  I have no idea what is or is not healthy in ecigs and whether the ingredients in them is healthy or just whatever someone put in to make a few bucks.  

I think they are also pretty disgusting when people think they can smoke them in restaurants and bars.  Last thing I want is your icky vapor that has been in your mouth and lungs on my food and drink.  

But I do agree that it helps people kick the habit.  

I agree, but that has more to do with being a decent human being and not an asshole.

**** the FDA.

Went from smoking a  pack every other day to smoking a few cigs a month.

I don't think I'll have any trouble quitting completely soon thanks to ecigs.

If anyone else is looking to make the switch, feel free to hit me up with a PM and I can give you all the info you need.

I agree. I used to smoke almost a pack a day and, since I started with the ecigs, I am down to about 3 or 4 cigarettes a day. The best thing is that my chest doesn't feel congested every morning and I don't have a regular cough all the time. I don't know why the vapor being exhaled is a problem for people. There is no smell and it completely dissipates after about 5 seconds. Like the guy says in the video, it is like steam. It seems way less toxic than cigarettes in every way. Of course, after enough research is conducted, who knows what science will reveal, but until then, I am a huge proponent of ecigs. In my view, they can't be more unhealthy than cigarettes. 

The FDA needed to regulate them.  While they started out as a smoking cessation tool, they quickly turned into a hipster alternative to smoking.  Almost none of the vapor liquid was regulated by the FDA so some had dangerous chemicals.  Nicotine is still damaging to your cardiovascular system.

The FDA needed to regulate them. While they started out as a smoking cessation tool, they quickly turned into a hipster alternative to smoking. Almost none of the vapor liquid was regulated by the FDA so some had dangerous chemicals. Nicotine is still damaging to your cardiovascular system.

this is like saying we should stop putting money in cancer research because chemotherapy is harmful

i still think the only way to fully quit tobacco/nicotine is cold turkey.  

i tried everything for 15 years, and cold turkey was the only thing that worked.  even then, i had one time where i quit cold turkey, but i relapsed about 8 months later.  \

since going cold turkey again, i'm going on 4 years now without any tobacco/nicotine.

my sister and brother in law had smoked for 30 years, and now they only do e-cigs, which is great to me.  maybe they'll be able to kick it completely in another year or two.  

Yeah I quit cold turkey about 20 years ago.

In addition to circling the date on the calendar a couple months out as I mentioned previously, I also made a $1000 bet with a friend who quit around the same time.  First person to smoke a cigarette has to pay the other $1000.  Gentleman's bet so you could conceivably cheat but the whole thing is a mind game anyway.  There were times on New Year's Eve when the only thing standing between me and bumming a smoke was that $1000 bet.  For a long time after that I would have cigarette dreams in which I would smoke and then feel the dismay at losing the bet, only to wake up and realize it was only a dream.

the seventh day adventist church used to have a program called the 5 day stop smoking clinic. highly successful. it trained people to unlearn habits that put them in situations in which they smoked and tried to help them find alternatives. lots of behavioral changes, and it worked very well. my dad quit smoking after going through it. 

i don't think our church doesn't do this program anymore, and i've been sorry to see it go. a lot of churches are now using a program called Celebrate Recovery, which a church-based 12 step program. 

E-cigarettes are safer but nicotine addiction is still nicotine addiction. Probably not a ton worse than my caffeine addiction but my coffee smells way better.

After about a decade of smoking I woke up to pee one night and had to sit and catch my breath before going back to sleep. I threw away the carton on top of my fridge and haven't touched one since. I was a grumpy ass for a few weeks but eventually most of that went away. For me the greatest motivation not to backslide was the thought of having to go through the quitting process again. After a few years of total tobacco avoidance I was again able to enjoy an occasional cigar but I make it a point not to do more than 2 in any one week span.