• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Sony Cancels The Interview

nate

South Park is a cartoon with people whose voices and physical appearance don't even resemble people.  Half the time, I don't even understand what they are saying.

The Interview is a movie with real people, and the whole movie appears to be about Kim Jong-un.  How much the plot centers on killing him, I have no idea.  But just think about it.  An isolated comment here and there on South Park pales in comparison to a movie, a comedy none the less, about assassinating a living dictator.  Which do you think North Korea would take more seriously?

Seth Rogan stuffs this up his ass so that obviously takes the movie from comedy to international security risk.

the-interview-red-band-trailer-the-packa

To be clear, this hack has exposed the financial information, social security numbers, addresses, and personal emails of thousands of Sony employees, not just executives.  It isn't just affecting a bigwig and some movies.  The lives of many people who make modest wages are now ****ed and will require credit protection for the rest of their lives.

Saying North Korea did the right thing is idiotic.

The movie is about two dip shits executing a dictator.  Hundreds of these movies have been made over the years.

Your first statement is exactly the reason they pulled the movie, IMO. They didn't want all their personal information published. I'm glad that at least our government didn't try to pull the movie and one of the emails hacked actually said they supported the film's release, and signed off on the final scene where Kim's head blows up.

Do you read international news very much? I get the feeling you don't. [/quoted]

You are an idiot. Name one US prisoner in North Korea right now. Name one US prisoner killed in North Korea the last 40 years.

I don't know of any at the moment, but there were several since the start of the movie production.  I think three Americans have been released including two last month. 

North Korea does torture and kill prisoners, and if you dispute that, you might want to read an article published yesterday:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/16/north-korea-yodok-prison-camp

What I find odd about this whole thing.  Threats against Sony.  Threats against movie theaters who show it.  No threats against the people who acted in, wrote, produced the film.  

Makes me think this isn't North Korea getting their panties in a wad.  But some inside job, probably by a techie that got laid off months before, like the company actually did.

interesting idea, gb.

I don't know of any at the moment, but there were several since the start of the movie production. I think three Americans have been released including two last month.

North Korea does torture and kill prisoners, and if you dispute that, you might want to read an article published yesterday:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/16/north-korea-yodok-prison-camp

There are currently no US prisoners in Korea. I didn't ask you if North Korea kills and tortures prisoners, everybody knows that. They are not stupid enough to kill a US prisoner, that's why they never kill US prisoners.

South Park is a cartoon with people whose voices and physical appearance don't even resemble people.  Half the time, I don't even understand what they are saying.

The Interview is a movie with real people, and the whole movie appears to be about Kim Jong-un.  How much the plot centers on killing him, I have no idea.  But just think about it.  An isolated comment here and there on South Park pales in comparison to a movie, a comedy none the less, about assassinating a living dictator.  Which do you think North Korea would take more seriously?

That's only when Kenny and Timmy speak.

Your first statement is exactly the reason they pulled the movie, IMO. They didn't want all their personal information published. I'm glad that at least our government didn't try to pull the movie and one of the emails hacked actually said they supported the film's release, and signed off on the final scene where Kim's head blows up.

They didn't pull the movie because of the personal information. They only pulled it AFTER the top five theater chains said they weren't going to show it. The timing says it all.

If they were going to pull it because of the personal information, don't you think they would have made that decision (or at least to delay the opening) soon after that came to light?

Personally, I think this sets a VERY bad precedent. We can't have some foreign asshole basically dictating what art we create.

And Sony really needs to improve their security systems.