• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

NY pro's

I have to go to NY early Feb, for 3-4 days but am thinking about extending it to 7-12 days to see the city more

I have never been to the city

I am looking to go out at night and hopefully not get mugged

Is there an area with a good mix of value and safety?

For the record, I dont care about art, history, culture, etc.  I am more interested in a good nightlife area that is partying on the weeknights in February

There really is no one area that I would recommend, but lower Manhattan is your best bet. Chelsea, TriBeCa, Meatpacking District, SoHo, West Village, East Village, and Lower East Side are all neighborhoods that are mostly safe, and are walkable. They are all in lower Manhattan and near each other. They all contain a good mix of clubs, bars, restaurants, and shops. Williamsburg Brooklyn is a happening area as well.

I don't have a hotel that I recommend, but I will ask. One idea that a lot of people do to save money is to stay at a hotel across the river in Jersey City NJ. There a a bunch of nice ones right on the water with spectacular views of lower Manhattan. Very easy to get anywhere in NYC from Jersey City by using the PATH train. It is cheap, safe, clean, and runs frequently. There are stops in many of the neighborhoods mentioned above, and it connects to NYC subway system.

If you have any specific questions or interests, let me know

I have to go to NY early Feb, for 3-4 days but am thinking about extending it to 7-12 days to see the city more

I have never been to the city

I am looking to go out at night and hopefully not get mugged

Is there an area with a good mix of value and safety?

For the record, I dont care about art, history, culture, etc. I am more interested in a good nightlife area that is partying on the weeknights in February

I am extremely jealous dude. I went to Manhattan for my honeymoon, and cannot wait to go back. It is an awesome city.

We stayed at the Hyatt Grand Central. I personally think Hyatt hotels are outstanding, and the Hyatt Grand Central is quite nice. It is also very centrally located.

My first stop would be Peter Lugers

Peter Lugers is good. It is in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn which is a must.

My favorite is Sparks Steakhouse on the eastside. This is where the famous Paul Castellano mob hit took place exactly 29 years ago today. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/archives-big-paul-chauffeur-ride-article-1.2043547

Peter Lugers is good. It is in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn which is a must.

My favorite is Sparks Steakhouse on the eastside. This is where the famous Paul Castellano mob hit took place exactly 29 years ago today. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/archives-big-paul-chauffeur-ride-article-1.2043547

He said he wasn't interested in history or culture.