• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

4 hours ago, halomatt said:

Sorry I took so long to respond. 

I've been having meetings and phone calls all week with parents who don't know how to enforce expectations and would rather give a 11-14 year olds (who LITERALLY have half of a developed, functioning brain) full and complete control over a smart phone that has no limits, and are truly and completely addicted to having said phone, and then having said parents scream into the wind asking, "What can YOU do to help MY child?!?!"

What was your question again?

no worries on your response time.

the young man this week that prompted my post would get home each evening, tell his parents all of his homework was done at school, and then spend the rest of his time playing on his phone. when i asked him how that was working out for him (he had mostly Ds and Fs on his first quarter report card) he replied "pretty well." meaning, he was doing pretty well in playing his games. smh. this kid is in trouble and will end up in a job where there's a name tag sewn onto his shirt.

mom took away his phone beginning monday night and is now holding his feet to the fire. we'll see what comes of it.

Why is it that all the employees at every Trader Joe's look like they belong to the same commune?  I feel like they should change the name of the store to Woodstock's. 

Don't get me wrong... I love Trader Joes.

Been having trouble with our garage door lately. It just opens and closes at random times and the remotes aren't working properly all the time. Had an errand to run this afternoon, so started backing my car out of the garage when it suddenly decided to close. The sensor didn't work and the door slammed down onto my back window, shattering it. Repair guy will be here Monday morning.

So my buddy works at Magic Mountain, and invited me to go there for the day.  First, scary ass rides.  I'm getting old.  But surprisingly I did a lot of those rides.  Almost backed out of one though, because it was sketchy.  Second, he was able to get the fastpass, plus a few other passes.  Average wait time for the rides were 2-3 hours.  Yes, I said hours.  Those fastpasses were like gold.  We had 3 auto front of the lines.  And even at the second level, lines were cut by half and really the longest we had to wait was an hour which I spent at the bar.  Rode everything we wanted.  But geeze, the park opens at 10:30.  Closes at 9:30.  So in 11 hours, in theory, people could have ridden only 4 or 5 rides if they stayed in the general poor people lines.  Probably more like 3 rides with all the walking and if they got food and stuf.  We got to the first ride around noon, and left at 7 and rode 7 rides, and canceled a reservation for an 8th ride.  Third, the food lines were almost as bad as the ride lines.  Luckily, there was some kind of holiday food tasting thing.  10 samplers for $40.  My friend got a discount on that even.  But regardless, those samplers were front of the line, so just as golden as the fastpass.  So if you go to Magic Mountain.  Spend the extra and get the passes.  Unless you like standing in line with strangers for hours.