• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

watching the channel 2 news right now and they've been following a story about a shut down on the 101 fwy due to a shooting. they've cited TWICE about this being in east hollywood. to my knowledge there's only hollywood, north hollywood, and west hollywood. do we have a new city?

My daughter started taking tae kwon do about 5 months ago. Her instructor is a former member of the Philippines national team. She recently started her studio here and is hoping to get some exposure so she allowed my yellow belt daughter to enter an open tournament. 

She had to wear a red belt or they would have never let her enter. Her first match was against a black belt and my daughter scored a body shot to get the first points of the match. Her opponent then landed 16 head shots and won the match 49-2. But since there were only 3 participants in her division she actually won bronze. Maybe next year she’ll hold her under 30 points 

several years ago some a-hole got my name and added it to a mailing list that got sold all around. i know this because he added a middle initial to my name that isn't mine. i'm still getting mail with this idiotic initial on it. i have no idea how to get my name off this list.

I have loved every single Rocky movie and the Rocky Balboa character has always been incredibly special. I think everyone would like to believe a little bit of Rocky lives inside of each and every one of us - his tenacity, his humbleness, his kindness, his work ethic, and his ability to overcome

50 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I have loved every single Rocky movie and the Rocky Balboa character has always been incredibly special. I think everyone would like to believe a little bit of Rocky lives inside of each and every one of us - his tenacity, his humbleness, his kindness, his work ethic, and his ability to overcome

just watched Creed on Sunday. it was a good movie and Rocky was a solid character. I always liked his sincerity and his determination.

had a meeting with a parent and her son monday after school. while i haven't seen any research on this or even know if any exists, he was yet another kid who is failing classes but goes home and doesn't do any work, telling his parents that he finished everything at school. we send weekly reports electronically each sunday so that parents can see what their kids are or are not doing in classes. there are no mysteries to this. and yet, it's another example in a long list of kids who fail while trying to convince their parents they're getting everything done at school. so many parents believe them, and maybe that's the toughest part to grasp.

after 35 years of seeing this, i'm pretty sure this is no longer anectdotal evidence. curious to know how much this happens at other schools. @halomatt?

20 hours ago, Tank said:

had a meeting with a parent and her son monday after school. while i haven't seen any research on this or even know if any exists, he was yet another kid who is failing classes but goes home and doesn't do any work, telling his parents that he finished everything at school. we send weekly reports electronically each sunday so that parents can see what their kids are or are not doing in classes. there are no mysteries to this. and yet, it's another example in a long list of kids who fail while trying to convince their parents they're getting everything done at school. so many parents believe them, and maybe that's the toughest part to grasp.

after 35 years of seeing this, i'm pretty sure this is no longer anectdotal evidence. curious to know how much this happens at other schools. @halomatt?

Sorry I took so long to respond. 

I've been having meetings and phone calls all week with parents who don't know how to enforce expectations and would rather give a 11-14 year olds (who LITERALLY have half of a developed, functioning brain) full and complete control over a smart phone that has no limits, and are truly and completely addicted to having said phone, and then having said parents scream into the wind asking, "What can YOU do to help MY child?!?!"

What was your question again?