• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

19 hours ago, red321 said:

Today is my first day in the office we made for me in the garage, it's downwind from an El Pollo Loco. I'm kind of hungry.

The smell is actually just the combination of a dead rat and an open container of paint thinner. 

On August 13, 2018 at 11:57 AM, red321 said:

Today is my first day in the office we made for me in the garage, it's downwind from an El Pollo Loco. I'm kind of hungry.

EPL sucks.

Unless you enjoy dry, flavorless chicken, that is.

One of the employees at work violated the NDA and caused an internal shitstorm. Accusations were flying as to who it could be but so far no one has actually been fingered. 

I often wonder why anyone would risk their job and industry reputation over something that would get them blacklisted.

It's not as though we are working on some, seventh level in the Pentagon basement, project that you could write your own ticket if you sneak out with a couple of jump drives worth of schematics. Giving up information pertaining to our show, would at best, get you a free drink and an offer to contract a transmittable disease.

• 2 weeks later...

two weeks ago we had an ice cream social the day before school started. one of the returning 8th graders, an african-american girl, showed up with new braids in her hair, the kind that are long and take quite a while to attach. she looked very nice. in trying to strike up a conversation, i asked her who did her hair and how long it took, questions i've asked other black girls at school when they get new braids.

fast forward to this week . . . a mom of a different black girl scolds/reprimands me about that conversation, saying that black women are offended when anyone asks about their hair. like one of the unwritten rules of baseball, we (men, whites, non-blacks? not really sure) are not allowed to ask them these kinds of questions.

was so curious about this that i googled it but couldn't find anything about it. i did find a surprising number of articles advising people to stop asking black women if they could touch their hair, which i didn't know was a thing.

i asked a black male colleague of mine about this unwritten rule and he looked at me completely puzzled. he's in his 60s and says he's never heard of such a thing.

any of you ever hear about this? 

5 hours ago, Tank said:

two weeks ago we had an ice cream social the day before school started. one of the returning 8th graders, an african-american girl, showed up with new braids in her hair, the kind that are long and take quite a while to attach. she looked very nice. in trying to strike up a conversation, i asked her who did her hair and how long it took, questions i've asked other black girls at school when they get new braids.

fast forward to this week . . . a mom of a different black girl scolds/reprimands me about that conversation, saying that black women are offended when anyone asks about their hair. like one of the unwritten rules of baseball, we (men, whites, non-blacks? not really sure) are not allowed to ask them these kinds of questions.

was so curious about this that i googled it but couldn't find anything about it. i did find a surprising number of articles advising people to stop asking black women if they could touch their hair, which i didn't know was a thing.

i asked a black male colleague of mine about this unwritten rule and he looked at me completely puzzled. he's in his 60s and says he's never heard of such a thing.

any of you ever hear about this? 

BLM Cracker.

The air conditioner rattled, clanked and ground to a halt Thursday night. I shut it down just as I heard it make a last dying metallic squeel. Called my air conditioning guy and he was out in the morning to see what was wrong.

20180831_123813_zpsdbqdlsnf.jpg

Glad I was home to shut off the system, I had replaced the motor 6 months ago and this would have burned it up otherwise. Entire repair cost $250 parts and labor. Had the motor seized it would have been closer to $700. 

Yesterday I drove my Spitfire down to get the suspension reworked with new springs and shocks. I left then the car but drove off with the keys. Ooops.

Today I dropped off the keys and asked if he will have time to get to it this week, if not I have all next week off and can come down and help. He grins and says, thanks, I'll have it done by Friday.

Nothing like a little passive agressive persuasion tactics to get moved to the top of the to do list.

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Had surgery yesterday to release a trigger thumb. About a 10 minute procedure on my right hand. Even this temporary loss of the opposable digit on my dominant hand makes me appreciate my status as a high primate

how are you managing to type on a computer? hunt and peck?

hope your recovery goes well.

On September 7, 2018 at 12:47 AM, arch stanton said:

Had surgery yesterday to release a trigger thumb. About a 10 minute procedure on my right hand. Even this temporary loss of the opposable digit on my dominant hand makes me appreciate my status as a high primate

did you sit down too fast? 

thoughts and prayers 

• 2 weeks later...