• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

need help from any of you technology pros out there.

for some reason, our printer has gone off line from our wifi. i think the weather this week has affected it somehow, but who knows. i tried to reset it tonight, using the wifi password, and it's a no-go. the printer report says the password is wrong and won't connect to the wifi. tried a couple different times to reset it with the same result. 

what's weird about it is that our phones and computers are still connected to the wifi using the same password. somethings wanky. any ideas?

p.s. already tried alt+control+delete

On 5/24/2018 at 10:01 PM, Tank said:

need help from any of you technology pros out there.

for some reason, our printer has gone off line from our wifi. i think the weather this week has affected it somehow, but who knows. i tried to reset it tonight, using the wifi password, and it's a no-go. the printer report says the password is wrong and won't connect to the wifi. tried a couple different times to reset it with the same result. 

what's weird about it is that our phones and computers are still connected to the wifi using the same password. somethings wanky. any ideas?

p.s. already tried alt+control+delete

the weather?

Here's my suggestion...unplug the printer. Disconnect all the cables. Remove any paper you might have in the paper feeder. Find the original box, or any box that the printer will fit in. Put the printer in the box. Tape the box shut. Take printer back to where you bought it, donate it to Goodwill, throw it out...whatever is easiest.

6 hours ago, red321 said:

the weather?

Here's my suggestion...unplug the printer. Disconnect all the cables. Remove any paper you might have in the paper feeder. Find the original box, or any box that the printer will fit in. Put the printer in the box. Tape the box shut. Take printer back to where you bought it, donate it to Goodwill, throw it out...whatever is easiest.

were this an isolated event, your scorn would be well deserved. the reality is that when we have storms around here, we have also had internet problems. can't explain it, but the dots connect. 

maybe i can win your confidence in me again by offering you a simple gift. i have some finely aged pumpkin beer i've been holding onto for just the right person . . . 

14 hours ago, Tank said:

were this an isolated event, your scorn would be well deserved. the reality is that when we have storms around here, we have also had internet problems. can't explain it, but the dots connect. 

maybe i can win your confidence in me again by offering you a simple gift. i have some finely aged pumpkin beer i've been holding onto for just the right person . . . 

new thought...don't worry about if paper is in the feeder or if you can't find a box that the printer will fit in

So last August, I pay for a year of the LA Times print edition.  Yeah, I'm old, and I still like the paper.  Even though I do get digital news on various news feeds.  

But going back to the paper.  I pay for an entire year, that should take me through September 2018.  Then last week, in June, I get a bill.  That I owe $39.79 for my bill.  WTF.  I call those fuckers up, and pretty much say why am I getting a bill.  They of course give the oh to pay your monthly bill.  I pretty much say how can that be when I paid for a year last September.  They put me on hold.  Go look through my bill.  And their answer is oh well we have premium issues, and the rate increased in December, so it cut your subscription down.  Wait what?  So I go off on them that I paid for a whole year in September, you can't just go arbitrarily say we want more money so you get the rate increase.  I paid the money for a year, and that's what I should get.  They try to say but but rate increase.  I say cancel, and then they decide to honor the full year.  

Bunch of fuckers.  This would be like Amazon saying, well, Prime Membership is now $119, so everyone who paid $99, your membership will expire 4 months earlier. 

I don't even get how this would be legal for them to do.  Sounds ultra shady.

22 hours ago, Tank said:

does anyone still have good customer service anymore? sure doesn't feel like it.

It's a lost art for sure.

I hate it when I thank someone and they say "no problem."  No problem? 

And then there's tipping. Everyone wants a tip now. 

Why did I open this thread?  I'm in a bad mood now.  I think I'll subscribe to the Times and take it out on them now.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, True Grich said:

Where can I purchase my LiAngelo Ball Lakers jersey? Asking for a friend?

Team store should have them any day now.

or you can do what I like to do . . . Just take a t-shirt and some masking tape, and wa-la! You've got a jersey.

18 minutes ago, Tank said:

Team store should have them any day now.

or you can do what I like to do . . . Just take a t-shirt and some masking tape, and wa-la! You've got a jersey.

Why didn't you just take your personalized Lakers jersey and cover the "er" in BALLER?

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I've never seen a full episode of the Simpsons or Family Guy. 

I have watched several episodes of "The Office" and I don't understand why people think its funny.

i'm with you on family guy. never saw the appeal of it.

the first five seasons of the simpsons were outstanding. worth your time.

i was mildly entertained by the office. don't think i watched beyond the second season though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 2:52 PM, True Grich said:

And then there's tipping. Everyone wants a tip now. 

I am especially amused when I see tip jars on the counter in places where, by design, you get basically no service. If all someone does is ring up my order and hand me a bag, that doesn't qualify as service in my book.