• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

• Blarg pinned this topic

My Dad is heading out. People just get to that age where it all starts to grind to a halt. He has fought diabetes for 40 years, had his thyroid removed, had a new heart valve installed, is advancing along in Alzheimer's and just yesterday ended up hospitalized for a bloody nose that wouldn't stop and through testing it was discovered he is suffering from congenital heart failure. They drained a pint of fluid from behind his lungs so he could breathe again. 

This is a spiral that he won't recover from. Four years ago he went hunting and fishing whenever he wanted to. Now he is on a walker and can hardly get around the house. I don't think he makes it through another year.

My wife and I were discussing our retirement planning this weekend and how some locations wouldn't be suitable because of medical care. It changes the game a little when you consider that is your probable future. 

• 4 weeks later...

My 16 year old and her 2 year old sister have created a unique form of communication of which I am not yet fluent. It combines English and Tagalog words with gestures and voice inflection. It’s very cool to watch them together but when big sis heads out to school in the morning I’m left to deal with a demanding little shit whose wishes I don’t always interpret correctly

On 3/26/2018 at 11:27 AM, Blarg said:

My Dad is heading out. People just get to that age where it all starts to grind to a halt. He has fought diabetes for 40 years, had his thyroid removed, had a new heart valve installed, is advancing along in Alzheimer's and just yesterday ended up hospitalized for a bloody nose that wouldn't stop and through testing it was discovered he is suffering from congenital heart failure. They drained a pint of fluid from behind his lungs so he could breathe again. 

This is a spiral that he won't recover from. Four years ago he went hunting and fishing whenever he wanted to. Now he is on a walker and can hardly get around the house. I don't think he makes it through another year.

My wife and I were discussing our retirement planning this weekend and how some locations wouldn't be suitable because of medical care. It changes the game a little when you consider that is your probable future. 

It does change the game.  We went through same in 2012.  Wanted to get out of the Inland Empire smog/congestion, move closer to daughter (San Diego), plus mom was getting up there, 87 and living alone in AZ.  So we looked for a place that would accommodate wife & I, two Boxers, and mom.  Found it in No San Diego County.  Moved her in in 2013.  She had her own wing of the house, private but I could keep an eye on her and help as needed.

She eventually developed COPD, had a minor heart attack, and was tethered to a 24/7 portable oxygenator, but still happy as long as the TV was working (so she could watch her beloved Diamondbacks) and dogs were around.  We were approaching the at home hospice stage, but she passed quietly a few months ago.  Not before telling me how much it meant to her to be near us during her final chapter. 

On 5/1/2018 at 4:23 PM, 70runner said:

It does change the game.  We went through same in 2012.  Wanted to get out of the Inland Empire smog/congestion, move closer to daughter (San Diego), plus mom was getting up there, 87 and living alone in AZ.  So we looked for a place that would accommodate wife & I, two Boxers, and mom.  Found it in No San Diego County.  Moved her in in 2013.  She had her own wing of the house, private but I could keep an eye on her and help as needed.

She eventually developed COPD, had a minor heart attack, and was tethered to a 24/7 portable oxygenator, but still happy as long as the TV was working (so she could watch her beloved Diamondbacks) and dogs were around.  We were approaching the at home hospice stage, but she passed quietly a few months ago.  Not before telling me how much it meant to her to be near us during her final chapter. 

condolences to you, 70. sounds like you did it right for your mom.

On 2/17/2018 at 11:09 AM, Taylor said:

My wife and I were jogging around RSM Lake last night, when we heard screeching and saw a Chevy Silverado skid and then flip upside-down onto the grass. My wife called 911 while I ran to the car. I was super worried there'd be people severely injured or dead.

I wasn't thinking straight and ran to the passenger-side door first, thinking it was the driver-side door (because the car was upside-down). I knocked on the window and yelled, "Is everyone alright?" but the door was locked. I then ran to the other side of the car, and the driver-side window had blown out. I yelled again, "Is everyone alright?" and the driver answered, saying he was fine. I asked if anyone else was in the car, and he said no. 

Hecrawled his way out of the car. Not a scratch on his body. He had obviously been drinking. He was being friendly and talkative and saying things like, "I made some poor choices tonight, and now I have to pay the consequences." A bunch of people had now gathered around because they heard the accident or saw it from a distance. When the police arrived, one of them got our information, and then we left. 

Crazy stuff. That guy could have easily been dead or hurt someone else. I'm not sure what he's doing right now, but I hope this is a wake-up call for him.

You move back from CO?

On 12/5/2017 at 6:53 PM, m0nkey said:

I just dropped $2,000 on 6 taylor swift tickets.  Hoping to sell the ones I don't use to make my money back

Ended up seeing her once in Santa Clara and once in Pasadena, and I regret nothing

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Handel's is out by you. If you haven't tried it you are just sluming it in the ice cream world.

Surely you jest . . .

There are two. One in Rancho and the original in Upland on 7th & Mountain - rt next to San Biagio's and Lucky Liquor.