• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I'm growing ncreasingly frustrated with bicyclists. Whether I'm taking a walk or driving, the amount of disrespectful and dangerous behavior continues to grow. Running through stop,ights, blasting through stop signs, and all kinds of illegal lane changes have become the norm. When driving near one, I'm in constant fear that I'll end up running him over because of him darting in front of me. 

Glendale has the highest pedestrian death rate in the state because f idiots who cross streets wherever and whenever, plus a-holes who drive excessively fast anywhere they want. Bicyclists are soon going to be added to the list if they continue like this.

Whichever Lol Angeles Politician that thought that putting 3 diagonal all way crosswalks in a row on Alvarado at McArthur park should be shot.  It took 15 minutes to get by 3 signals because of the new added conjestion.  And to further piss me off, it was still going at 2 am with nobody crossing, adding an extra few minutes when there was no other cars on the road.

• 2 weeks later...

had a tough day today. My mom is not doing well - she has a sciatica issue and it's wreaking havoc with her. We had to take her to the ER today. They put her on some new meds and by tonight she was much, much better. We had some stressful moments this afternoon trying to get her some help - she was a nurse, and you know how doctors make the worse patients? That trickles down to nurses, too, apparently. She's better tonight by leaps and bounds, and we're thankful for that.

After getting her home this afternoon, I got home to find a jury duty notice beginning Dec. 26. Nice work on the scheduling, Scrooge.

• 3 weeks later...

my daughter was successful in passing her test for her learner's permit today. this was her second try and she passed easily. she was so excited to drive that we went over to the rose bowl parking lot (after a quick trip to AAA to get her added to our insurance) and let her drive around in the parking lots for an hour, practicing turns, parking, and using the brakes correctly. she has a long way to go to be confident enough to jump into traffic, but she got off to a good start today. looks like we'll be taking her driving each day for the rest of her Christmas break. 

she's a funny kid sometimes. her permit expires at the end of april because she dragged her butt in getting her permit, so on the way home today she said "i want to practice every day and then take my test for my license at the end of next week." uh, no, that won't happen, sweetheart. you're going to need a lot more experience than a few days in a parking lot before you're ready to take on the DMV.

btw, the glendale DMV looks like a cross between the free clinic, a greyhound bus terminal, and central booking at rykers island. i half expected to see victor's mom doling out handy's in the parking lot.

so we've been practicing driving with junior at forrest lawn, both in glendale and hollywood hills. good place to go, btw. what's been really odd about it is seeing all of the graves that have been "decorated" for Christmas. we've seen all kinds of red poinsettias, giant candy canes, angels, glitter garland, and Christmas trees, some as tall as 5 feet. Is this normal? my impression is that it's an armenian or filipino thing, but they've made sections of the cemetery look like candyland.

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

I give my two weeks notice to my company tomorrow. I accepted a job with Disney and my first day is the 22nd. Pretty excited 

Sweet! Now I know someone who's able and willing to get me and my family into the parks for free anytime I want!!

thanks, buddy, you're the best!!!

got hit with a bombshell last night - junior doesn't want to return to college.

a lot of things were unloaded suddenly. last thursday she found out her roommate isn't returning, so that began a big email exchange with the girls' dean about a possible replacement. she gave junior a list but she didn't really know/like any of the girls on the list. finally picked one she thought she could tolerate and emailed her on friday, but as of late last night, no reply.

last night she just came unglued. turns out she's been homesick a ton but has masked it pretty well. she's not having near the social or spiritual experience she was anticipating and can't seem to figure out what to do next. we talked at length with her about stepping outside of what's comfortable and trying new things. said she's done that but everyone seems to have their unexpandable circle of friends, and she doesn't really have that. she's tried meeting new people but everyone is merely an acquaintance, and she hasn't figured out how to break through that. there were a lot of tears shed last night.

we also talked about possibly changing schools so she's closer to home, but the junior colleges have already started this quarter/semester, and the next closest adventist college doesn't offer her major.

on top of all that, she's sick, and that just makes everything worse for her. i don't think this would have been as difficult if her roommate was staying put.

any advice out there for her?

@Tank  Nappa Wine.  Double Double, animal style with the meat.  Dyanetics.

Then send her to Nates to teach her what life without In N Out in zero degree weather is like.

After those lessons.  Have Strad get her a job at In N Out, and say if you aren't going to school, then you are working full time.