• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

18 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Anyone notice a significant uptick in the number of spam calls since Harvey?  My landline is ringing every 15-30 minutes, and is getting intercepted by Nomorobo.  But my cell phone is also getting like 4-5 calls a day all getting intercepted by my spam app.  Usually my cell would only get 1 or 2 a week in spam calls since it was a clean number.  Reading in the paper I think today, they are thinking of coming out with a new system, if the phone companies allow it, that will use a token system to weed out spoofed calls.  By the sounds of it, it's almost like the digital certificates that computers use for software.  It can't come soon enough.  But these bloodsuckers should all drown trying to take advantage of the poor people, and diverting their funds from the Harvey victims, to scammers.

i've been getting spam calls about staying at a resort (no name ever mentioned). they use my area code and the first three numbers of my cell phone but the last four numbers are always different each time they call. i don't know if there's a name for this. usually get a call about once every couple of weeks.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

i've been getting spam calls about staying at a resort (no name ever mentioned). they use my area code and the first three numbers of my cell phone but the last four numbers are always different each time they call. i don't know if there's a name for this. usually get a call about once every couple of weeks.

I get calls all the time from numbers that have my area code and first three digits. I never answer them.

On 9/2/2017 at 11:16 AM, Tank said:

I sometimes answer them to mess with the caller. I let them do there pitch and then tell them that my parole officer will not let me leave the state.

they huddled us in the kitchen today at the office. a co-worker passed away yesterday unexpectedly. cause of death is unknown, but it is reminiscent of when waller passed.....young dude with two little kids. rough day at the office for everyone and just heartbreaking for the little ones.

Sitting on the sand camping in carpinteria. Listening to the waves crash. 30 minutes or so ago just saw the biggest meteor in the night sky. If the normal shooting star is a dime, this was a football. And slow too...not this quick millinsecond flash...probably a good 2-3 seconds. And yeah...I've had a shit ton of beers while listening to the waves crash....but god damn that was awesome. 

8 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Any bar recommendations in the LA/Santa Monica area...maybe even out towards Pasadena that will be showing the GGG/Canelo fight? Looking for a place for the wife and I to go after a day in LA.

I'm sure there are places in Santa Monica's promenade that will be showing the fight.  But man, it's so touristy and crowded there.  Not sure if Fathers Office will be showing it, it's a bit small of a place anyways.  The usual suspects in Hooters and Buffalo Wild Wings.  Only place I can think of in my area, that I've gone to before.  Place called Biergarten in Koreatown off Western and 1st/2nd st.  It's a pub with lots of TV's that serves German beer, and German/Korean fusion food.  Kind of small, but they have had fights in the past.  In the Hollywood area, nothing but the usual suspects really stand out. 

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I'm sure there are places in Santa Monica's promenade that will be showing the fight.  But man, it's so touristy and crowded there.  Not sure if Fathers Office will be showing it, it's a bit small of a place anyways.  The usual suspects in Hooters and Buffalo Wild Wings.  Only place I can think of in my area, that I've gone to before.  Place called Biergarten in Koreatown off Western and 1st/2nd st.  It's a pub with lots of TV's that serves German beer, and German/Korean fusion food.  Kind of small, but they have had fights in the past.  In the Hollywood area, nothing but the usual suspects really stand out. 

Thank you! Looks like BWW will be my best bet. There is a place called The Nickel Mine that is playing it. Have you heard of it? If so, thoughts?

professor just cut a 100-hour project down to about 50

i was working ahead, so now i'm almost done with it

i wasn't really prepared for the pace of these semester classes packed into 6 weeks, so this was a huge relief

today is a big day for us. we leave this afternoon to take our daughter up to college in NorCal. she's attending my alma mater where she'll major in early childhood education (and perhaps elem. ed.). she's been busy packing her stuff and cleaning her room, and we've been buying supplies. it's feeling kind of surreal. we know she's ready to do this, and i think we're ready for her to go, but being that this is our only child and this is the first time for this experience, well, it can get rather emotional at times, and i imagine our drive home this week may be a teary affair here and there. we're looking forward to it but at the same time, it's going to be a big adjustment for her and for us. would appreciate your prayers/positive thoughts for her (and us) in going through this.

On 9/19/2017 at 11:40 AM, Tank said:

today is a big day for us. we leave this afternoon to take our daughter up to college in NorCal. she's attending my alma mater where she'll major in early childhood education (and perhaps elem. ed.). she's been busy packing her stuff and cleaning her room, and we've been buying supplies. it's feeling kind of surreal. we know she's ready to do this, and i think we're ready for her to go, but being that this is our only child and this is the first time for this experience, well, it can get rather emotional at times, and i imagine our drive home this week may be a teary affair here and there. we're looking forward to it but at the same time, it's going to be a big adjustment for her and for us. would appreciate your prayers/positive thoughts for her (and us) in going through this.

that's awesome! going out on her own will be huge character builder for her. it will be tough now but absolutely worth it in the long run.

best of luck!

Got her up to school early this afternoon and all went well. They had porters to help unload cars and carry stuff to their rooms so we were able to get everything unloaded and moved in just two trips. Many hands do indeed make light work.

she really overpacked and we're bringing home a couple of things she either didn't need (sorry, floor lamp) or didn't have room for. Girls sure pack differently than guys...

we left after dinner and a final trip to the bookstore. It was a teary farewell for my girls. We know she's in good hands but the house will feel differently now. We're already trying to work out a trip back up here. If only it wasn't a 900 mile trip to do this. We know she'll have some bumps along the way - maturing isn't always an easy journey. We hope that her best qualities will really be strengths to carry her through the challenging moments she's certain to face. We trust her, and will let her know as often as she needs to hear it that we've got her back. We have good friends nearby who are also support for her. She'll be okay. We'll be okay, too.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

@Tank Take the train up.  I forget which one, might be the California Zephyr, but there is one that goes up to Nappa.  I think there is even an overnight one, so you can just sleep all the way there.  

Yep I've done the train along the coast a couple times when I didn't want to fly or do the road trip - it's slow but super scenic and they have a bar onboard. I think it was the starlight that is socal to norcal. 

then right the zephyr will take you from sf northeast. i took it to tahoe once for shits and giggles. that f*cker goes all the way to chicago!

3 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

Yep I've done the train along the coast a couple times when I didn't want to fly or do the road trip - it's slow but super scenic and they have a bar onboard. I think it was the starlight that is socal to norcal. 

then right the zephyr will take you from sf northeast. i took it to tahoe once for shits and giggles. that f*cker goes all the way to chicago!

@Tank would like to know if the bar you speak of sells virgin daquiris