• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

to pass the MOTHERFUCKING smarter balanced test, students need a 2548.

just found out an 11th grade student of mine who just moved here from africa 2 years ago got a 2541.

i get to tell him tomorrow. he's going to be crushed. great kid who works incredibly hard, and now he's going to have a nightmare of a senior year. 

On May 2, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Tank said:

it's a distance thing or old guys with unreliable prostates.

otoh, go to a game at staples center and you'll see guys wearing $350 hockey jersys leaning right up against the walls of the urinal. i have no idea how they can do that.

They're white 

had a baby shower at school today for one of the teachers. decided to buy him and his wife a gift card. looking through all the options, i decided on a VISA gift card. got to the counter to pay for it and the clerk says "there's a $3.95 charge to activate the card." Seriously? Yep, it's right there on the outside. Jerks. This'll be the last time I buy one of those.

13 hours ago, Tank said:

had a baby shower at school today for one of the teachers. decided to buy him and his wife a gift card. looking through all the options, i decided on a VISA gift card. got to the counter to pay for it and the clerk says "there's a $3.95 charge to activate the card." Seriously? Yep, it's right there on the outside. Jerks. This'll be the last time I buy one of those.

That works out to @ a 40% service charge, amiright? 

A "dude" driving a purple PT Cruiser started tailgating me in the carpool lane...honking and flipping me off because I was only going 75. I rolled down my window and waved back at him and then he cut off folks to get out of the carpool lane and raced up next to me in my f150. I rolled down my window, waved, and laughed again...as he took off and then cut off 3 lines of traffic because he almost missed his exit.

As a rule...people driving purple PT Cruisers should not allowed to express road rage. They don't know how to do it...and really, the just look friggen silly.

5 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

a former student of mine is applying to teach at my school, and asked me to be a reference

i'm officially old

please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, please be calscuf, 

53 minutes ago, red321 said:

Outside of calscuf, does anyone still wear op shorts?

I would if I could find them, but I think Miller's Outpost went out of business a couple of years ago.

too bad, because they look really fly with my Hang Ten shirts.

59 minutes ago, Tank said:

I would if I could find them, but I think Miller's Outpost went out of business a couple of years ago.

too bad, because they look really fly with my Hang Ten shirts.

You just described my daily wardrobe right up to the day I moved to Colorado and discovered winter

47 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Sorry, it's a bit cool outside still.  I haven't put my members only jacket away yet and brought out the OP shorts.

Don't forget your Rayban Aviators. It gets sunny in July.

On May 26, 2017 at 0:02 PM, red321 said:

A "dude" driving a purple PT Cruiser started tailgating me in the carpool lane...honking and flipping me off because I was only going 75. I rolled down my window and waved back at him and then he cut off folks to get out of the carpool lane and raced up next to me in my f150. I rolled down my window, waved, and laughed again...as he took off and then cut off 3 lines of traffic because he almost missed his exit.

As a rule...people driving purple PT Cruisers should not allowed to express road rage. They don't know how to do it...and really, the just look friggen silly.

There is no better response than laughing at a person when they are pissed off. 

EDIT: actually, if it's a female, it's the second best after: 

image.jpeg

i teach at a high poverty high school, but we have an IB program.  pretty sure we're the only one in the region.

one of our IB kids got into Stanford this year, and another into the University of Chicago. parents of both kids sent all of the IB teachers really nice letters, and donated some money to the IB budget. not bad for a friday, and not bad for the end of a school year. 

On 5/26/2017 at 0:02 PM, red321 said:

Dude speed the fuck up grandma