• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

As a pasty white person, who really should be living in a cave in Northern Europe, I'm trying to understand something....

Do I just suck at getting things like automated faucets and soap dispensers to work...or am I just too pasty white for the sensors to pick me up?

english/language arts smarter balanced testing going on today through thursday for 3 hours each day. 

day 1 is devoted to answering some multiple choice questions, and writing introductory or concluding paragraphs for partially-written essays.

days 2-3 are devoted to reading 4 sources, responding to 2 questions about them with 300 words each, and then writing a persuasive research essay using evidence from all 4 sources.

it's pretty goddamn fucking awesome

Decided to watch some NBA playoffs that didn't involve the usual suspects- GS, LeBron, Spurs, etc

Milwaukee vs Toronto! Should be a good game. Crowd going crazy. Milwaukee jumped out to an 8-4 lead.

Then I changed the channel. 

58 minutes ago, Lou said:

Decided to watch some NBA playoffs that didn't involve the usual suspects- GS, LeBron, Spurs, etc

Milwaukee vs Toronto! Should be a good game. Crowd going crazy. Milwaukee jumped out to an 8-4 lead.

Then I changed the channel. 

that's an impressive amount of staying power, buddy.

Tomorrow morning I take a flight out to Montana to visit my parents. Just my luck the forecast for the time I am there is low 50's as the high with scattered showers. I don't own a waterproof jacket. Looks like I'm going shopping in a sales tax free state.

One of my co-workers finally had enough of our resident slob teacher always making a mess in the ONE bathroom we all have to share on my floor.

lolbr.jpg

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

There is always pee by the urinal.  I never understand how or why it gets there.

it's a distance thing or old guys with unreliable prostates.

otoh, go to a game at staples center and you'll see guys wearing $350 hockey jersys leaning right up against the walls of the urinal. i have no idea how they can do that.

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

There is always pee by the urinal.  I never understand how or why it gets there.

ours doesn't have a urinal

just one pot for all of us

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Wow I am not on cez's ignore list

should you be? i don't recall you saying anything especially bigoted, or stupid in a non-funny way repeatedly. 

also, thanks for reminding me i need to update my total. 

• 2 weeks later...

assigned my 9th grade mainstream students the wrong online placement test (NWEA MAP for anybody on here who knows about it), and didn't realize it until 20 minutes before the end of class.

please just let this week end!

On 5/19/2017 at 2:08 PM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

assigned my 9th grade mainstream students the wrong online placement test (NWEA MAP for anybody on here who knows about it), and didn't realize it until 20 minutes before the end of class.

please just let this week end!

What is this online placement test?  Is it for 10th grade? 

3 hours ago, halomatt said:

What is this online placement test?  Is it for 10th grade? 

they do a graduation requirement test their 10th grade year.

the 9th grade test i'm talking about is for deciding if they do regular or honors english their 10th grade year. if they score really low, they get an elective taken away, and replace it with a remedial english class. 

hope you feel better. i'm using hand sanitizer after touching a door handle or chair. summer bug going around here really bad, too. 

13 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

they do a graduation requirement test their 10th grade year.

the 9th grade test i'm talking about is for deciding if they do regular or honors english their 10th grade year. if they score really low, they get an elective taken away, and replace it with a remedial english class. 

hope you feel better. i'm using hand sanitizer after touching a door handle or chair. summer bug going around here really bad, too. 

Thanks for the info. 

Is this a test constructed by the state or is it a local?  We are looking for something similar as our kids come to us in middle school. 

1 hour ago, halomatt said:

Thanks for the info. 

Is this a test constructed by the state or is it a local?  We are looking for something similar as our kids come to us in middle school. 

It's called the MAP Assessment, and I like it better as a diagnostic tool than the idiotic Smarter Balanced stuff. 

We use it for both Math and English as a placement indicator for elementary and middle school, and for 9th grade in high school. 

Here's a link to it. I think it can be aligned with pretty much any state standards:

https://www.nwea.org/assessments/map/