• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

When I was much younger I used to manage 2000 page DoD and NASA RFP responses on a Mac SE (6 inch screen)...so I learned how to use the shit out of Word.

Still drives me up the friggen wall when people use multiple returns to create double spaced paragraphs...or multiple spaces after a period...and don't get me started on using multiple tabs to indent paragraphs. Use the damn tools people.

That just means you don't know how to use the tools!

You create a paragraph with your formatting, set idents (use ruler at top of page to set appropriate indents and ident/tab markers/tab style). Than you define that as a style.

From that point forwards you just call out the style you need and it sets the rules for that paragraph.

So, for example, if you had a block quote that had a 2 inch margin on both sides and italicized. You would use the ruler to bring in the margins on both sides. Set font as italicized. Define that as a style (ctrl-shift-S...or bring up the Styles toolbox and then create New Style). Save with appropriate style name. That style will now show up in your toolbox, you can also call it up by typing ctrl-shift-S and start typing the name and it will appear.

The first time, or few times...you could actually create a default document/style template and then when you start a new document bring up the style dialog to import the template styles.

Yes, it would take you some time, maybe an hour or two, to get setup.

Hmm...maybe I should head over to the swapmeet and offer up word services!

On 3/8/2017 at 7:58 AM, Adam said:

Brandon was lucky he ran into me. His group needed an Asian to figure out the machine and I happened to have an Asian with me.

sounds like my friend fred. he always has a swiss army knife on him. 

those two things are roughly equivalent, right?

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

So I check my credit cards online, since I made some purchases today on one of them.  And looks like someone has been filling up on gas on me.  Rancho Cucamonga then Bakersfield then Rancho Cucamonga the last 2 days.  I thought credit card chips were supposed to solve this crap.

Better a credit card than debit, at least

This has never happened to me before.  But I woke up from a nightmare, throwing things at what I thought was a burglar, and waking up with a knife unfolded and swinging in my hand.  I really think that if I had a gun, I would have unloaded a few rounds into the wall.  I have one finger on both hands that I defnintely strained the muscle tendons on.  Both my wrists are all scratched up.  One knee is skinned.  And it feels like I severely stubbed my toes on one foot. 

I'm actually surprised someone in the neighborhood didn't call the cops. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, notherhalo said:

Do dumber people right with loopier letters? My writing is starting to get more loopy, less sharp and I'm afraid it's a sign.

you'll know without a doubt that things have gone south for you intellectually when you start dotting your i's with a heart.

6 hours ago, cezero said:

never had heartburn in my life, but i've suddenly started coughing after nearly every meal

yep, it's still acid reflux

doctor said to use prilosec. that work for anybody else?

I used it a few times.  Worked great.  Then, one cycle, I got an allergic reaction from it.  Like I should have gone to the ER type reaction.  I'm really surprised I made it through the night.  So be careful that you only use it when you have really severe symptoms.

36 minutes ago, cezero said:

after looking into PPIs on my own, i decided against prilosec.

i got a bottle of gaviscon liquid instead, and it worked fine. first time i haven't coughed a lot after eating in a few weeks.

hoping it's not just a placebo effect, because i really don't like taking meds that interfere with vitamin absorption. 

Prilosec has worked well for me. I have Barrett's Esophagus after years of severe acid reflux, a precancerous change in the cells. I'm on 40 mg of Prilosec once a day, and the reflux is gone. No side effects.

had alumni weekend/homecoming this past weekend for the high school i attended. while it wasn't an honor year for me (next year will be my 40th year since graduating - i know, it's hard to type that) the class ahead of us invited a few of us to join them, and it was terrific. a few of us were much closer to that class than to our own. so i showed up saturday morning for the alumni church service and found people i was hoping to see, including three former girlfriends (no worries - we all get along great). had lunch together, sat around and visited for the afternoon and caught up with everyone, then met together for dinner at a local restaurant, and finally returned to the school for cake and a chance to look at old pictures. all around, it was a really nice time. it felt like time had sort of stood still for us in many ways as we were able to just pick right up from where we had left off, except without all of the BS that high school often brings. these were the people that meant the most to me during my teen years, and helped me the most in becoming who i am now.