• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

10 hours ago, cezero said:

not watching the oscars, but can't wait to see cave people freak if lala land wins best picture

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/oscars/‘moonlight’-wins-best-picture-at-oscars-after-shock-‘la-la-land’-mix-up/ar-AAntQJo?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Hey,Lala Land won! Then didn't. But you should be happy because Moonlight won in typical about face Hollywood overreaction to last year's snub of African American film producers. I mean, how could that not win over a musical based in and about Hollywood, mimicking the film style of the late fourties/early fifties musicals?

Moonlight unfolds over three chapters in the life of a young, gay black man growing up in a rough Miami neighborhood. It eared $25 million at the box office. For an art house film that is great take but for nationwide film release numbers that is a flop. And yet it still won, do you think it deserved it? Cave people want to know.

On 3/6/2017 at 11:30 AM, Adam said:

In the oddest of coincidences, I ran into @Joey at a karaoke bar in Little Asia, Irvine on Friday night. That was bizzare

ha, i forgot about that. i was smashed. bizarre indeed as that was the first time i ever went to karaoke.

my team and i did happy hour after work, which turned into another bar at the district, then randomly karaoke. i don't remember too much.

but yeah dude, of all the places to run into someone.

20 hours ago, cezero said:

I just had an epiphany. 

Make all students type their work on typewriters to get less spelling and grammar errors. 

It makes sense in my mind only because I learned to type on an electric typewriter, and having to go back and manually fix errors was a big pain in the ass. Motivated me to be careful with that stuff, and I wasn't even a good student. 

Best class my parents ever made me take...typing. Should be a required class for every student.

kids in our high school are required to take keyboarding, but most of them already know how to do this since they've been using computers since birth.

when i was in high school typing was a required class for freshmen. 

6 hours ago, red321 said:

Best class my parents ever made me take...typing. Should be a required class for every student.

4 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Concur.  I opted not to take typing in JH, and now I wish I did. 

My mom made me take typing class in 8th grade. So glad she did.

11 hours ago, Adam said:

Brandon was lucky he ran into me. His group needed an Asian to figure out the machine and I happened to have an Asian with me.

nice.

we were talking about it today because the hot columbian chick wants to go again. you were definitely a lifesaver. we didn't know how to work the machine and just kept singing shit no one knew or wanted. once your dude showed us the ropes we started to do shit like labamba.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

I did la bamba that night!

haha.

we were 4/6 hispanic descent (as you saw) and they get a kick out of me knowing quite a bit of spanish, so i picked it. the song turned into the highlight of the night. i actually forgot we did the song but talking about that night they mentioned me singing the song.

1 hour ago, cezero said:

It is in my district.

I just liked the idea of typewriters instead of word processing software to get kids less apathetic about spelling and grammar. Hell, kids today are so lazy about it, most don't even bother with spell check or grammar check, even if they know how to use it. And when they do, they oftentimes select the wrong word anyway. I've always thought a dictionary should be embedded in Word's spell check.

it is...if you hit f7 to bring up the spelling pane it includes definitions