• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i would have been thrilled for it to have some flavor. it was more bland than what i usually eat.

Tank.  You should have joined us for golf.  The people we had in our group was making fun of the asian women behind us through most of the round.  We drank a lot.  And I sprayed the ball around like Brady in the first half. 

55 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Tank.  You should have joined us for golf.  The people we had in our group was making fun of the asian women behind us through most of the round.  We drank a lot.  And I sprayed the ball around like Brady in the first half. 

well great, as if i don't already have enough regret in my life.

sometimes i suck at making decisions.

Here is a new one in the scam world. I'm waiting for my drink at the Starbucks and a guy walks up to me and asks if I can dial a number that he has on his phone. Some lame excuse of he can't make the call. One glance and its an international number. I tell him no. 

After further review it wasn't a scam. The guys is just completely insane. He is having long drawn out conversations with random strangers and no one can figure out what he is talking about. They are all too polite to tell him to go away and nod their head and say,  uh huh but can't shut him down. 

He was rambling on to a guy sitting next to me, he looks at me,  like,  how do I get out of this and I tell him the guy is just insane. Crazy guy tries to shift the conversation to me and I look him in the eye and say,  shut up. He walks away and goes and buys a banana then hangs out at the registers rattling on to people trying to order. 

All the while the Starbucks people are putting up with this,  it is obviously not in their training manual as how you deal with a nutcase. I've seen this at a couple other Starbucks,  people who shouldn't be walking the streets just hanging out and being about as insane as you can be without causing bodily harm. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

After further review it wasn't a scam. The guys is just completely insane. He is having long drawn out conversations with random strangers and no one can figure out what he is talking about. They are all too polite to tell him to go away and nod their head and say,  uh huh but can't shut him down. 

He was rambling on to a guy sitting next to me, he looks at me,  like,  how do I get out of this and I tell him the guy is just insane. Crazy guy tries to shift the conversation to me and I look him in the eye and say,  shut up. He walks away and goes and buys a banana then hangs out at the registers rattling on to people trying to order. 

All the while the Starbucks people are putting up with this,  it is obviously not in their training manual as how you deal with a nutcase. I've seen this at a couple other Starbucks,  people who shouldn't be walking the streets just hanging out and being about as insane as you can be without causing bodily harm. 

stickboy has really fallen on hard times.

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

This shit is totally addicting

http://www.cawstonpress.com/product/ginger-beer/

i love ginger beer. sang at a church a couple of years ago that had a large number of jamaicans. they made their own ginger beer for potluck, and it was spectacularly good.

unfortunately, because of my surgery i'm no longer allowed to consume carbonated drinks. ginger beer is one of the things i miss.

On 2/14/2017 at 0:29 PM, cezero said:

An 8th grader from a local middle school was in my class today to get a snapshot of our IB/honors program. We try to get kids from the richer areas to come here for it, and it works out pretty well most years. 

The kid absolutely dominated the class's assignment today, which was discussion/analysis of the author's stylistic choices in the first 3 paragraphs of Camus' The Stranger. 

I think some of my students were jealous.

love that book!

I'd like to just say, "fuck!"  I bought a house that closed escrow a couple days ago.  I bought this house with no contingencies.  My house was on the market for about 24 hours before I had a good offer which I accepted.  Today, ten days before we close on the house I'm selling it fell out of escrow, due to the buyers being ignorant.  I guess I'll be making three mortgages for awhile.  Totally sucks.  

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I'd like to just say, "fuck!"  I bought a house that closed escrow a couple days ago.  I bought this house with no contingencies.  My house was on the market for about 24 hours before I had a good offer which I accepted.  Today, ten days before we close on the house I'm selling it fell out of escrow, due to the buyers being ignorant.  I guess I'll be making three mortgages for awhile.  Totally sucks.  

Ouch 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

If you don't have legal representation I would seek one for at least something I think you might be owed some form of earnest money but could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Wait, I thought that you had a clause that said that one purchase was contingent on the other house selling?

On 2/15/2017 at 1:58 PM, cezero said:

It's my 2nd favorite work we do for 11th grade IB Lit. 

First is always Macbeth and Hamlet, which we use in alternate years. 

After the Camus, I like Chronicle of a Death Foretold, Crime and Punishment, One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, and The Great Gatsby, in that order.

The only time I get a little sick of The Stranger is when I'm grading my allocation of IB papers from students around the world every year. 1 in 4 or so is on The Stranger. 

its an awesome book. i still use the term "benign indifference" to this day.  if you read american psycho he has some little sneaky references to it in there, which made me chuckle. I dont remember what we read in 11th grade IB lit, but pretty sure the stranger was on the cirriculum for me too, i remember writing a pastiche mimic'ing existentialist thinking. 

i also remember writing a paper to compare/contrast anna karenina and.... f*ck. another book by russian author about a woman. 

im not sure what year, but my favorite book of all time is one i first read in HS: brothers karamazov. do you guys read that one? might have been for theory of knowledge, or philosophy. or maybe it was earlier. i dont remember. 

23 hours ago, cezero said:

we go back and forth between crime and punishment and brothers karamazov.

and yeah, today was the first discussion we had about existentialism/absurdism/nihilism for getting into the stranger. after reading chapter 1, i tried explaining why the novel is so hilarious, and they just don't get it yet. 

the written assignment for the literature in translation section of the curriculum just recently changed from a compare/contrast of 2 works to an analysis of a single work. my kids choose between the stranger, c+p, and chronicle of a death foretold. a student of mine got the highest score in 8 years from one of my classes with her analysis of chronicle of a death foretold. it's amazing.

ive never read chronicle of a death foretold. maybe i should!

yeah we had to do the compare and contrast. my wine anna karenina and madame bovary (french obv not russian, i was probably high on glue the other day when i couldnt remember). 

you dont read it yourself every year do you? do the works get boring year in and year out? luckily you have some of the best pieces of literature in history of civilization so i guess it never gets old? 

So here is a bizarre story I received from the neighborhood organization.

Apparently, about two streets up, someone went on vacation.  Now I don't know who they got, but they got someone to house sit.  While the owner was on vacation, the house sitter decided to have a yard sale and sell and even give away everything in the house.  Furniture, paintings, art, clothes, everything.  I've heard of places getting robbed while people were away.  But this is the first I've heard of a house sitter selling everything.

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So here is a bizarre story I received from the neighborhood organization.

Apparently, about two streets up, someone went on vacation.  Now I don't know who they got, but they got someone to house sit.  While the owner was on vacation, the house sitter decided to have a yard sale and sell and even give away everything in the house.  Furniture, paintings, art, clothes, everything.  I've heard of places getting robbed while people were away.  But this is the first I've heard of a house sitter selling everything.

whoa. that's certainly an outside-the-box way of screwing over someone.

btw, he didn't happen to be selling a nice set of ping eye 2 knock-offs in nice navy blue golf bag, did he?