• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

New year, same bullshit. We ended 2016 with the back yard drain clogging during the rain and flooding the family room on December 23rd. We had to remove the carpet, the pad was soaked and smelled like wet dog wearing the same sweatsox for a week straight.

Then last night I go to the fridge for something cold to drink only to find out the compressor croaked and everything in the freezer had thawed out and the fridge was room temperature.

I get to start the year with $4k worth of repairs.

I ended the year purchasing a new home in Norco.  We are currently in escrow and it is contingent on selling my house or my brothers house.  My oldest son was going to be married in my back yard in May, now he's getting married in the Norco backyard, assuming all goes well, with the purchase and we get that yard ready for 150 people.  So basically dealing with a ton of stress and lots of very long days.  In addition to that my wife helped her daughter move from Huntington Beach to Austin Texas.  I would love to fast forward a couple months.  

38 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Do you have a working plan to avoid using the 91 freeway? 

As it is now I use the 91, so my plan would be on the bad days get over to the 71, and keep it pretty much the same as I have it now.  The 91 to work from the 71 is easy.  The 71 sucks for the last 3 miles.  My schedule is pretty flexible, so that helps.  I schedule my meetings for 3pm, so that's easy as well.  

11 hours ago, calscuf said:

I bought a used Tahoe for like $40,000 today.  

I returned it 2 hours later without any charge/penalty because it didn't have Bluetooth audio, just BT for the phone.  

The manager at the dealership took it back no charge because he just wanted me gone.  After 2 days of dealing with me, he just wanted me to leave.

imagine how the hell we feel

35 minutes ago, cezero said:

first day back at work, and i forgot to put on deodorant

the little things

i keep an economy thingy of hand sanitizer, so i'm just using that between classes

You have to apply deodorant between classes on cold winter days? Dude, back off on the Indian food. 

1 hour ago, cezero said:

first day back at work, and i forgot to put on deodorant

the little things

i keep an economy thingy of hand sanitizer, so i'm just using that between classes

Have a bottle or whatever they are called of Crystal deodorant in your car.  It's a mineral deodorant (not an antipersperant so if you sweat a lot, you are SOL).  Looks like a salt stick.  Anyways, I don't think it would melt when your car gets hot, and since it's like a mineral thing, and it shouldn't dry up or expire. 

4 hours ago, cezero said:

hand sanitizer every hour is working fine, but i plan to leave a stick in my desk from now on.

i actually admitted it to my freshmen, mostly in hopes that it would encourage the 5-6 of them who never wear deodorant to start. hard to believe that some kids just don't know that they need it. 

we have an 8th grade girl who doesn't understand the concept of deodorant. the worst part is that the smell gets into her jacket, and she never, ever takes that thing off. standing near her in class has become difficult to do.

we have a female teacher who was going to talk to her about it, but i don't think it's happened, or it wasn't very effective. 

the worst is 8th grade boys on a hot day after lunch recess. holy schnikes.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

we have an 8th grade girl who doesn't understand the concept of deodorant. the worst part is that the smell gets into her jacket, and she never, ever takes that thing off. standing near her in class has become difficult to do.

we have a female teacher who was going to talk to her about it, but i don't think it's happened, or it wasn't very effective. 

I had a sixth grade teacher (public school in like '96) straight up tell us that if we were going to be in his class that we needed to use deodorant daily. He told us that if our parents didn't already buy deodorant for us that we were to tell them it was a requirement for his classroom. He added something to the effect of not using deodorant when in public being rude and classless. Looking back, I love that he did that. My guess is that speech wouldn't fly today.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

With the way the world is today.  Some teacher will talk to her about it.  Then get sued/fired for being insensitive.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

Just picture a summer day in the Eastern Province with a bunch of flightsuit wearing locals. I would really love to introduce them to Mr Speedstick

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Just picture a summer day in the Eastern Province with a bunch of flightsuit wearing locals. I would really love to introduce them to Mr Speedstick

adult BO is different from earliteen BO, which has a tendency to smell like really, really bad pepperoni.