• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

Another story about Maui. In the early 80's I took a helicopter ride to Molokai. It was a small helicopter that only held 4 passengers. I sat in the front on the way over. The front seat was narrow with no side arm rest and nothing to hang onto. There was only a lap seat belt and it was all clear plexiglass all around me and the pilot even under our feet. It was like being on ride. We rode over the ocean and when we got to Molokai He went over the mountains and when the canyons and waterfalls fell 1000-2000 feet it took your breath away. Exhilarating is the word. We landed on a plateau that had cliffs all around surrounded by the ocean. It was breathtaking. On the way back I asked the other 3 people if they wanted to change seats with me for the ride back and a loud NO came back at the same time from all 3. So I got to be in the front and and enjoy the ride back.

On 12/9/2015 at 7:14 AM, m0nkey said:

I just passed my first test of the CPA exam.

Not even excited because I have 3 more to go

On 6/8/2016 at 10:26 AM, m0nkey said:

2 more to go

On 9/9/2016 at 6:19 AM, m0nkey said:

1 more of these suckers to go

Angelswin.com's newest (soon to be) CPA

1 hour ago, cezero said:

So, I posted last week about a student asking for a letter of recommendation. 

He's a nice kid, but it was supposed to be for high academic achievement. 

By "some absences", I meant 18.  He did work to make up work, but the rest of the compliments were obviously perfunctory. 

And he's a FINALIST. It's between him 1 other boy. The winner will be named today. lol. 

what's going on with this sentence teach? ;) 

"I believe his prospects for future academic success are high, and that he will continue to remain vigilant with maintaining grit and perseverance to achieve his goals.  is working hard, and a pleasure to have in my class."

37 minutes ago, cezero said:

I deleted the student's name, and forgot to put "xxxxxx" in its place like I did with the rest of it.

"I believe his prospects for future academic success are high, and that he will continue to remain vigilant with maintaining grit and perseverance to achieve his goals.  XXXXXX is working hard, and a pleasure to have in my class."

FUCKING SUE ME

Easy there @calscuf he's not being literal

• 3 weeks later...
On November 13, 2016 at 0:53 AM, Tank said:

driving home tonight on the 210 W in the carpool lane near ontario. no traffic in front or behind me. a car suddenly appears very quickly behind me and tailgates. i'm on cruise control and have no interest in moving over. just as he suddenly appeared out of nowhere, he suddenly flashes his police lights and then passes me on the left (that section of road has extremely generous emergency lane room by the center median). it was an unmarked police car. instead of pulling me over, he just simply gassed it and drove around me, then shut off his police lights and drove past everyone in sight. it was a real dick move.

Stay the F*#% out of La Onta, gringo

with my weight loss, one of the long term goals i've set for myself is to get back on the ice and play hockey once again (i played in college, and it's the greatest thing ever). today, my brother and i went down to hockey giant in anaheim and bought some equipment. picked up shin guards and should pads. got the stuff that was on sale and fit well and used a gift card from a student so it only cost me $30 today. I already have a pair of new gloves, a pair of socks, a practice jersey and a stick. it'll still be several months until i'm physically ready to play, but i figured it'd be easier to buy the equipment a little at a time and spread out the financial commitment instead of getting it all at once and taking a big hit in the wallet. 

i have huge feet, but found a pair of skates that fit pretty darn well and am putting them on my wish list. skates and pants will be the last things i buy since they're size specific and i'm not done losing weight. 

it was a good afternoon.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

with my weight loss, one of the long term goals i've set for myself is to get back on the ice and play hockey once again (i played in college, and it's the greatest thing ever). today, my brother and i went down to hockey giant in anaheim and bought some equipment. picked up shin guards and should pads. got the stuff that was on sale and fit well and used a gift card from a student so it only cost me $30 today. I already have a pair of new gloves, a pair of socks, a practice jersey and a stick. it'll still be several months until i'm physically ready to play, but i figured it'd be easier to buy the equipment a little at a time and spread out the financial commitment instead of getting it all at once and taking a big hit in the wallet. 

i have huge feet, but found a pair of skates that fit pretty darn well and am putting them on my wish list. skates and pants will be the last things i buy since they're size specific and i'm not done losing weight. 

it was a good afternoon.

I haven't played in a league since my kids were born. I miss it badly.

The last league I played in was supposed to be adult, low contact, no fighting. It was anything but. The last (official) game I ever played in I got cross checked in the back of the neck 10 seconds into the game by some big goon who stood over me after he did it, waiting for me to get up so we could fight. I couldn't move my head and missed the rest of the game, and the rest of the season. I swore then I was done. I was a few months away from becoming a father for the first time, and said I don't need this shit. Well, now I do need it and miss it.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

it was a good afternoon.

If I ever played Hockey, I would be Happy Gilmore.  I'd be able to shoot the puck hard.  Just couldn't skate worth a damn. 

since i haven't skated in 20+ years, i'm thinking i might look for a pair of inline skates to use to get back on skates once again. it'll be a good summer activity so that when i'm ready to hit the ice, i won't look like a big doofus out there.