• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

On 7/5/2016 at 8:06 AM, gotbeer said:

I remember a street over, they would have a fireworks party, blocking off the cul de sac.  People would treat it like a pot luck, and everyone would bring out chairs and tables.  Kids would decorate their bikes and have a kids parade.  Then everyone would chip in and buy like $200 worth of fireworks (which back then was like arming the Iraqi army)  Whoever was doing it was creative too.  He'd like set it up, with props and made some wooden spinners and stands.  While nothing was shooting up in the sky, those safe and sane fireworks were pretty spectacular when set up with some effort.

Then a few years later, the county said we could not block off the street, and couldn't have a party in the cul de sac without special permits. 

that sounds awesome!

sandlot.jpg

Just a heads up to everyone on here, I really have no idea how credible this is. My dad called me tonight, he works for the DOJ. They received some information that apparently tomorrow could be a "target white people" day. Tomorrow is the funeral down in Baton Rouge. There are also supposedly multiple BLM marches planned throughout the country.

Well he told me there are some rumblings that some certain pieces of shits (gang members, people who want "street justice", and idiots) MAY be targeting white people as targets to murder. My cousin who is a general contractor in Southern California was working today at the house of an Ontario PD officer and he also told him that there are some rumblings in the Southland that gang members may also be targeting white people as murder victims as some sort of street justice.

Again, I don't know how accurate any of this is but if the rumblings are there to send an alert out to DOJ. I just felt like it would be good info to pass on JUST IN CASE  anything does happen. Just be aware of whose around you and if anything suspicious is going on. I hope nothing happens, and I'll gladly take the ridicule if nothing does happen for posting this. Stay safe everyone. 

9 hours ago, calscuf said:

Do I have to be afraid of only black people today or anyone who is not white?

Every day,  everyone. Even white women who work for the NAACP that pose as black people. They are all out to kill you. 

feeling kind of proud of myself tonight. i just finished coordinating the email addresses on my phone with the email addresses on my computer so that they're all synched. i feel like i've just painted the house.

So changed my Att landline into Att voip in hopes of saving money.

Voip line costs $27.  High, but better than landline.

Then get my bill, and the $27 voip line has the following:

• Surcharges and Fees $23.71, which includes a $20.86 Federal Universal Service Charge
  • Government Taxes and Fees $15.30, which includes a $15.06 California Local Utilities Tax

So my Uverse voice charge for the month, for that $27 line is $151.51.  I did agree to installment, so take $33 from that.  But that is still $118.51 for that $27 line.

Yeah, someone from India will be getting my call tomorrow.

for real lol.

with what i do and how many people i talk to, this comes up and literally no one has a landline except people collecting social security that just never adapted....and even then it's rare.

if someone does have a landline it's usually not hooked up and just used as part of a bundle discount, but it's always a good joke when brought up.

there's no reason to have a landline to simply collect telemarketer calls.

My landline is tied into my cable package. It's $10 a month for unlimited calls. I actually save more money by bundling my TV and internet so it costs nothing. We keep it because we have kids and they can call 911 and the address pops up. Cell phones don't work that way. I do pay a monthly fee to have it unlisted. Still get telemarketing calls though, ugh.

Yep, bundle here.  I don't have it hooked up and it would be interesting to check the messages on the voicemail for my landline,. There are just too many other ways to get ahold of someone these days if someone really needed to get ahold of me.  Hell I have worked for the same company for 29 years and if there happens to be someone that doesn't know that or my Facebook then they probably don't need to get ahold of me that badly.  

Needed to spray paint something today so I waited until the humidity got below 80% to avoid blistering... went outside and prepped, laid down a couple coats and had tons of blistering, noticed it felt humid, checked and a little thunderstorm popped up nearby and the humidity went up to almost 90 in less than 20 minutes.  Now I need to wait two days, need to re-sand and start all over.  Fucking humidity.