• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

5 hours ago, aznhockeyguy said:

I do this everyday at home; online poker ftw.  

Hmm. A good suggestion, but I'm kinda worried I wouldn't be able to communicate with the locals.  

It's an awesome suggestion...I wish I had figured that out when I was younger....and you can get by with English almost anywhere, even before the advent of smart phones and google translate.

15 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Just found out my mother in law has stage 4b ovarian cancer. 

Fuck fuck fuck.

Oh man. I'm sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you and especially your wife. 

On June 15, 2016 at 10:10 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Just found out my mother in law has stage 4b ovarian cancer. 

Fuck fuck fuck.

so sorry to hear this. not sure what else to say that won't sound trite. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

The problem with going to cosmetology school is that when you graduate you're a cosmetologist. Kind of a dealbreaker

Yep, eventually he'll find "the one" get married and still be a cosmetologist. 

The more  illegal fireworks become, the more people fire them off. I'm amazed we don't have more house fires on this night, especially since the illegal ones seem to be really big and a whole lot more powerful than our old street ones.

That said, I miss the days as a kid when we could buy them freely and everyone would set them off in the street in front of their house. It was a neighborhood event, and it was a normal, fun thing everyone did.

I remember a street over, they would have a fireworks party, blocking off the cul de sac.  People would treat it like a pot luck, and everyone would bring out chairs and tables.  Kids would decorate their bikes and have a kids parade.  Then everyone would chip in and buy like $200 worth of fireworks (which back then was like arming the Iraqi army)  Whoever was doing it was creative too.  He'd like set it up, with props and made some wooden spinners and stands.  While nothing was shooting up in the sky, those safe and sane fireworks were pretty spectacular when set up with some effort.

Then a few years later, the county said we could not block off the street, and couldn't have a party in the cul de sac without special permits. 

We had the same experience in Chino many years back. Our cul de sac didn't block off the street but everyone gathered out front with barbecues,  kids running wild playing tag or using a slip and slide and splash pools. 

Then as soon  as the sun set we would light off our collection of fireworks and when we ran out it was ice cream time as we watched from lawn chairs the cities display from over the high school. 

Then we moved to San Dimas only to find our they don't allow fireworks. Fourth of July was ruined. 

i always wonder what the guys from snoop dog's hood think of when they see him doing shows like family feud or the $20,000 pyramid. from hard core rapper/OG to doing network tv game shows. same with ice cube.

It's about getting paid and brand recognition. Reminds me of Metallica when Lars hit the nail on the head that they were so successful and had so much money that they could essentially do whatever they wanted, how they wanted.

Being cool doesn't pay the bills. A lot of bangers even tell people to do good things and make something of themselves, not succumb to the streets.

But quite the random thought.