• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

after going to visit my dad this afternoon, my daughter and i were headed to irvine to pick up a new computer for her. on the 91westbound, there's heavy traffic but we're moving along. some asshat decided he wanted to find some secret route around the traffic, so while he was in the fast lane, he decided to go left onto the shoulder around the traffic. unfortunately he had nowhere to go and had to slam on the brakes. in the process of him being a dork, he swerved right back into the lane where another car already was. car #2 had to slam on his brakes and moved right to avoid being hit. lane #2 was right where i was driving, and while i slammed on my brakes, i had nowhere to go (since i didn't want to be a pinball). i hit his back right with my front left. we were able to pull over to the right hand shoulder. he was a 20 year old kid and was wearing pajama pants, really fuzzy ones. he felt bad, but he and i were both caught by the clown who was in a hurry. we exchanged info and took pictures, and called CHP to take a report. i get to spend tomorrow morning with my insurance agent going through a stupid process that shouldn't have happened.

the moron who caused it all never stopped and drove off scott-free, likely unaware of what he caused by being in a hurry during heavy traffic.

no one was hurt, and my car was drivable enough to get to irvine and back to home. today was also my 28th wedding anniversary with my wife. not how i wanted to end the day.

Sorry to hear, Tank. My son just got into an accident at the same exact place a few blocks from home for the second time. The main street in Via Verde is Entrada, it is two lanes wide and slopes downhill. There are two entrances to the neighborhood that feed Entrada. For the second time some jackass ran the stop sign right in front of him.

His first car was a Mazda Miata, old but in great running condition but ended up sustaining too much front end damage and was totalled. His second car is my older Honda Accord, again in great running condition but because of year and mileage will probably be totalled. He will not be able to find a reliable car for what the settlement will bring.

Just want to smack the hell out of the guy that caused the accident for being a careless a-hole.

Edited by notti

1 out of 14 students in my 4th hour class knew how to attach a word document to an email. Many of them didn't even know how to compose a message and send it.  These are 11th graders. 

Being able to write competently (i.e., in complete sentences) will be a lost art within the next 10 years.

That's because they text. Email is something their parents do, plus it takes too long.

1 out of 14 students in my 4th hour class knew how to attach a word document to an email. Many of them didn't even know how to compose a message and send it. These are 11th graders.

Being able to write competently (i.e., in complete sentences) will be a lost art within the next 10 years.

I once had a job that involved editing emails and the like going from fairly high ranking people in the company I worked for at the time to various clients. The guys writing these emails all had advanced degrees and managed hundreds or thousands of people. I'd say about a quarter of them wrote competently enough to pass an intro-level college composition course. It was appalling.

We get telemarketers non  stop all day long. The assholes are now just using google to pull phone numbers and a web based phone service so it is untraceable. You would think there would be a real law for this and stiff prosecution but even if there was theses assholes would continue on.

So a call comes and I answer it and the lady rattles on and on and on, and I just uh huh everything she says in her sales speech. At the end I say I'm really not interested in anything you have to say. She snaps back, why did you waste my time! I reminded her who called who, I had no obligation to respect her time since she didn't respect my privacy.

Bitch will probably call tomorrow.