• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

• Feds giving Puerto Ricans disability benefits because they speak Spanish

However, the OIG was able to identify 218 cases between 2011 and 2013 where Puerto Ricans were awarded disability due to “an inability to communicate in English.” Furthermore, 4 percent of disability hearings in Puerto Rico involved looking at the individual’s ability to speak, read, write, and understand English.

•  

Though 95 percent of Puerto Ricans speak Spanish at home, according to the rules a Spanish-speaking nurse in Puerto Rico would be considered “unskilled,” the OIG said.

i'm not an educator who randomly complains, so **** off if that's what you're implying. 

this is something that legitimately ruins work that i'm doing with students who are trying to earn college credit with my class.  

7 novels, and 30 poems combined with 3 exams, a recorded 15-minute presentation, and a 1500-word essay that all get evaluated by IB officials for college credit.  I had 150 class periods to get through all of that, and it just got reduced down to 142.  

and this ****ing test doesn't even count for my juniors taking it.  

i did full IB diploma in HS.

you're welcome.

haha but on the reals i never thought about the amount of work required by administrators.

i remember the philosophy exam took like 7 hours, what a long ass day.

Two things:

There's one dude who uses the bathroom in the building I work in.  He wears sandals and he urinates.  It's awful seeing those feet when he's in the stall.

Secondly, there's a dude who sniffs up a storm when he's throwing a growler.  I don't know if he's got a coke problem or a sniffing-his-own-pooh-smell problem.

I prefer not to lay cable at the office.  3-2-1 dumps only.

nice job.

getting that diploma is harder than my first 2 years of college was. 

i love teaching the class, but i keep losing more and more instruction days every year. 2 state tests ago (WASL), i lost 3 days. then the last one (HSPE) it went to 5.  now we're up to at least 7-8, including 1 full class period where i have to teach a ****ING STUPID lesson to get students ready for a 2-day test component. 

yeah its brutal tough.

hardest HS curriculum in the world (apparently).

sounds like all the tests are a PITA for administrators too.

Edited by mrwicked