• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

Trunk or glove box for your luggage, that is all you have to decide. If your girlfriend is only brining a bikini to Palm Springs then it's an R8. If you're going to drive all the way coast to coast you want the S8 in case you found that perfect piece for your living room and don't want to end up like this guy.

14-bbc-top-gear-vietnam-special-e.jpg

I couldn't fathom driving across the country. I actually don't really like road trips.

I could do the R8 and the better half can have the automobile that is more multi-purpose. As long as the glove box is big enough for my regret after purchasing one. 

I thought it would be, but the monotony wears on me, especially desert driving.

The last one I did was many years ago. A buddy flew me out to New Orleans to help him move back. We decided to see if we could do the whole trip without stopping except for food and gas. 36 straight hours and the entire west Texas and New Mexico portion is the absolute worst thing ever.

I can maybe do a couple hours for something cool or exciting, but traveling around western states does not interest me at all. Might be different on the east coast where you could hit various states in a couple hours.

Weird. I just got back a couple of weeks ago from a 6 day drive from Chicago. Took 4 days there but took the northern road on the way back for a change of pace and to see a concert. It's tiring but I love being on the road. I can close my eyes and watch the scenery turn from brown to green as I head east. A long road trip to me is freedom, adventure. I love it.

When we moved out here we did LA-Milwaukee in three days.  I thought it was going to be rough but it actually turned out to be pretty nice.  I love road trips though.  We did the first two days with about 11 hours of driving and the third was about 8.5 hours.  We stayed in Grand Junction, CO and Lincoln, NE

Did you go through SLC or through southern Utah?  IMO the drive from the Utah border through the Rockies is amazing scenery.  We also went up through northern BFE Iowa instead of through IL.  Western WI is also beautiful country.

I took 70 through Utah and the Rockies and Denver. You're right, the scenery in the stretch is awesome.

Yeah, there is about a 100 mile stretch of 70 with no cell reception or gas stations.  It was amazing.

Problem is you get out of Denver and then it's 1000 miles of nothing but corn.  Nebraska is the worst state in the union.

Weird. I just got back a couple of weeks ago from a 6 day drive from Chicago. Took 4 days there but took the northern road on the way back for a change of pace and to see a concert. It's tiring but I love being on the road. I can close my eyes and watch the scenery turn from brown to green as I head east. A long road trip to me is freedom, adventure. I love it.

bookloverproblems5.gif

Trunk or glove box for your luggage, that is all you have to decide. If your girlfriend is only brining a bikini to Palm Springs then it's an R8. If you're going to drive all the way coast to coast you want the S8 in case you found that perfect piece for your living room and don't want to end up like this guy.

14-bbc-top-gear-vietnam-special-e.jpg

You can totally fit enough for a weekend trip in the R8.

Just have to get that special leather luggage that fits perfectly.

But yeah, not a big amount of space though by any means.

But it's not like that Plymouth Prowler - remember those? If you wanted to take a suitcase along you had to buy an extra trailer.

plymouth-00018-3.jpg

The Powler still is a hip looking blvd cruiser. I have seen them rolling that trailer up to Monterey for the car show. It's like guys on Honda Gull Wings dragging their loot chest, you have to unless your buying and throwing away clothes on road. That has always been a lottery fantasy. Get the most impractical car for a road trip like a GT40 and just buy what you need when you get there. No luggage, just leave the old stuff in the room when you check out.

I have some designs in my head for a perfect retirement house once my daughter is on her own. I like cooking so it'll have a big kitchen. Then a decent sized billiard room. A studio-type living space for my wife and me (with separate bathrooms, of course). A garage/workshop for my spur of the moment projects that never get finished. And whatever she wants to do with the rest of the house as long as it doesn't involve too much space for long term visitors.

we have some serious helicopter parents this year. there's a mother of twins who sits up on the playground every morning like she's some kind of supervisor. every. single. day. and her boys are in 7th grade. there's also the 6th grade mom who comes to the cafeteria every day and brings her daughter lunch. she also sits with her. she's not "the cool mom", just a needy woman who can't seem to let go.

we have some serious helicopter parents this year. there's a mother of twins who sits up on the playground every morning like she's some kind of supervisor. every. single. day. and her boys are in 7th grade. there's also the 6th grade mom who comes to the cafeteria every day and brings her daughter lunch. she also sits with her. she's not "the cool mom", just a needy woman who can't seem to let go.

That is strange. Way over protected. Parents should not be allowed on campus for many reasons.

When I grew up none of the kids parents would think about coming to school to do anything like this.

My kids while growing up had a few moms hanging out the first few years of elementary, but after that nothing.