• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

I have heard it both ways too. Financially I am probably losing some money this way but if we do a 15 year term it lines up nicely with my Daughter finishing college. Allows us to have a ton of freedom.

Actually the opposite.

If you look at a note and hud-1 on a 30 year you'd laugh at paying way more interest than the purchase price. 15 year has lower rates and a ton more going to principal. On average I see well over 100k saved over the life of a mortgage saved just on interest.

Actually the opposite.

If you look at a note and hud-1 on a 30 year you'd laugh at paying way more interest than the purchase price. 15 year has lower rates and a ton more going to principal. On average I see well over 100k saved over the life of a mortgage saved just on interest.

I wish I could afford a 15. Maybe in a few years...

Nuked a hornets nest 5 feet outside my front door last night.  

Used the raid spray can and drenched it. 

It was very satisfying seeing all of their corpses this morning, and now the wind is just blowing it all away. 

There is a Saddam Hussein reference here but  I just can't drop it like a MIG over Kurdistan.

Oh wait, I just did.

Actually the opposite.

I mostly meant if I decided to invest the down payment and do a FHA type loan instead in theory I could get a better return on the money I invest than the interest.  That is assuming I actually do a good job investing which is never going to happen anyway.

Right - it was about buying with cash vs taking out a loan.

Both are valid approaches, especially since money is so cheap right now.

nate investing is pretty easy. it's like craps: ignore 85% of the bets on the table, and focus on the smart ones and you'll do fine.

I mostly meant if I decided to invest the down payment and do a FHA type loan instead in theory I could get a better return on the money I invest than the interest. That is assuming I actually do a good job investing which is never going to happen anyway.

FHA is a good starter plan, you just have to pay mandatory mortgage insurance to the FHA. I think it's still 1.55% but you can always refinance down the road to conventional and drop that if you are under 80% LTV.

Right - it was about buying with cash vs taking out a loan.

Both are valid approaches, especially since money is so cheap right now.

nate investing is pretty easy. it's like craps: ignore 85% of the bets on the table, and focus on the smart ones and you'll do fine.

Speaking of which, it's hilarious how many ballers call me that don't need a mortgage but their CPA makes them have it for the write off.

FHA is a good starter plan, you just have to pay mandatory mortgage insurance to the FHA. I think it's still 1.55% but you can always refinance down the road to conventional and drop that if you are under 80% LTV.

What is LTV?

And yeah the mortgage insurance is the biggest reason I don't want to do the FHA.

I have a 20 year loan, it's a little more affordable than 15 years but still see a ton of principle drop off each month.

Not really, 20 and 25 year loans are based off 30 year pricing...just with shorter terms. 15 and 10 year have their own pricing and are dramatically different. The margins between the 20 and 15 are so different that if you can pull a 15 it's tremendously better.

Maybe Nate has black paint. I just picked up a car this week. Black paint. Not looking forward to it.

I'm going to try spotless by Carpro. The company has a great rep. I've used some of their other stuff with success. We'll see.

Edited by deepdrive