• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

So my conclusion about Vegas is this.  There are three types of beggars in Vegas.  The drug addict homeless dudes/dudettes that are asking for handouts, just sitting there working the guilt factor.  The guys in costume, that have no skills that are at least trying to make money by posing for pictures with tourists.  And the Mexicans/Hispanics.  That are poor, trying to earn a buck.  And realizing it's 110 degrees outside, so selling cold water for a reasonable $1 is the way to go.  

I only tipped one.  And the water was good.

I'm here at Qualcomm Stadium with my daughter to see One Direction. She earned enough money at her summer job to buy the tickets herself. We're sitting in the parking lot right now and it's already noisy. Please pray for me.

Btw, Cory, it's an absolute shooting gallery here for you. I think I'm the only person over 25, and certainly one of the very, very few males.

Opening act was Icona Pop. They had the volume pumped up to 1200. It was necessary to cover their crappy lyrics, notes, and overly, excessively sexual dance moves (minus the stripper pole). Other than that they were brilliant.

Putting Roundup in areas and tilling it to rock over. I ran out of Roundup and looked on line at homemade weed killers.  #8 was eat them.  Had to get high first and there was some enamel chipping from the dirt, but overall not a bad way to kill weeds. 

Putting Roundup in areas and tilling it to rock over. I ran out of Roundup and looked on line at homemade weed killers.  #8 was eat them.  Had to get high first and there was some enamel chipping from the dirt, but overall not a bad way to kill weeds. 

Let me guess, #5 was dry then smoke them.

i know a lot of you wish you could be me. well, my daughter just found a radio station in france that plays only one direction 24/7. she's sitting here in the living room with her phone listening to the lads while i'm trying to watch the british open.

i think i'm going to go for a drive.

Big fire on the 15 thru the Cajon Pass. Fire leaped the freeway and at least six cars have caught fire. Fortunately the cars had already been evacuated so no one was trapped inside.

Tuned in late and don't know why cars had been evacuated. It's on channel 5 news right now for those interested.

You have to appreciate a channel that can bring out a whole week of kick ass Shark shows all week long.  

No, not talking about Shark Week.  But Sharknado week.  Today is 2 headed shark attack followed by 3 headed shark attack, zombie shark and swamp shark.  And for the late nighters, don't forget Ghost shark.  Tomorrow is Jersey shore shark attack, Mega Shark vs Mecha Shark, Mega Shark vs Kolossus, and the original awesomeness of Sharknado, with Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.  Wednesday is Dinoshark, Malibu Shark Attack, Sharknado 2, followed by the premiere of Oh Hell No!  Thursday they go to Gators, but do have Roboshark and Shark Attack.  Friday is Shark Attack 2.  Saturday gets an honorable mention to Ragin Cajun Redneck Gators, I mean, with a name like that, how can it not be on your must see list.  With a triple feature of the Sharknado trilogy.  

I spent time Sunday pulling 108 year old hinges off a built-in wood hutch at my place, and boiling them to get rid of the paint.

Insane to see how many layers of paint can accumulate over 100+ years.

Will be killer once I clean and re-finish them.

Better than buying new fake ones - they are $50 a piece at victorian hardware stores.

You have to appreciate a channel that can bring out a whole week of kick ass Shark shows all week long.

No, not talking about Shark Week. But Sharknado week. Today is 2 headed shark attack followed by 3 headed shark attack, zombie shark and swamp shark. And for the late nighters, don't forget Ghost shark. Tomorrow is Jersey shore shark attack, Mega Shark vs Mecha Shark, Mega Shark vs Kolossus, and the original awesomeness of Sharknado, with Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. Wednesday is Dinoshark, Malibu Shark Attack, Sharknado 2, followed by the premiere of Oh Hell No! Thursday they go to Gators, but do have Roboshark and Shark Attack. Friday is Shark Attack 2. Saturday gets an honorable mention to Ragin Cajun Redneck Gators, I mean, with a name like that, how can it not be on your must see list. With a triple feature of the Sharknado trilogy.

Watched roboshark the other night

Dunno how that didn't make it to the big screen

I'm pretty sure that's the exact location the older co-workers took me to on my 18th birthday. I think the picture on stage is somewhere around here.

It was also the first and last time in my life I thought a stripper really liked me opposed to doing their job.

Coming home from San Jose last night on the 5, we decided it must be tomato harvest season. We counted 142 trucks with double trailers hauling tomatoes. This was all in a 45 minute span, also. It was pretty impressive.

die

It was sooooooo good Nate!  If you are able to swing it with work (and the wifey allows you), you should come on down to Orange County in October for Angels playoffs, Ducks beginning of season, and of course some INO.  For flights u can fly out of Chicago (ORD) non stop to John Wanye for 20K Avios (British airways miles) round trip.  If you sign up for the British Airways card and spend $2K in the first 3 months of the card you get 50K avios, good for 2.5 round trips from ORD to SNA (that's how I got to Chicago for the Ducks series).  If you are interested see link below:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/british-airways-credit-card.aspx