• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

There was a time when I probably was this person in this story.

I was at the track on Saturday for the Derby.  In the section I am in, they have a pool table.  But since it was a busy day, instead of pool, they have a plywood slab on it so that you can play beer pong instead.  

So these youngins probably college age are playing beer pong.  As you know, beer pong rules are, you throw a pingpong ball at a set of cups filled with beer on the other end, and if you make it into the cup, the other player drinks.  Something you know, most of us probably did back in the day.

And as I'm sitting at the table watching the races, here comes rolling a ping pong ball.  Guy is chasing after it, and gets on the ground to fetch it from under the table.  He gets the ball, and goes back and continues playing. 

I must be getting old, because all I can think is, gross.  All that crap that must be on that ball, and someone is going to drink a beer after it gets a bacteria bath.

There was a time when I probably was this person in this story.

I was at the track on Saturday for the Derby.  In the section I am in, they have a pool table.  But since it was a busy day, instead of pool, they have a plywood slab on it so that you can play beer pong instead.  

So these youngins probably college age are playing beer pong.  As you know, beer pong rules are, you throw a pingpong ball at a set of cups filled with beer on the other end, and if you make it into the cup, the other player drinks.  Something you know, most of us probably did back in the day.

And as I'm sitting at the table watching the races, here comes rolling a ping pong ball.  Guy is chasing after it, and gets on the ground to fetch it from under the table.  He gets the ball, and goes back and continues playing. 

I must be getting old, because all I can think is, gross.  All that crap that must be on that ball, and someone is going to drink a beer after it gets a bacteria bath.

Alcohol is a great disinfectant. And an even better disingivashit.

took my 7th graders to medieval times today. my goal, as always, is to make the princess laugh (it's been the same chick for the last four years and she's always stiff as a board and never breaks character). had a game plan and was going to tell her a couple of jokes as we always stand next to each other in the group photo before the show. got there today and discovered there's a new princess. she was fun and engaging and i really enjoyed meeting her (there's a new king as well). she was a lot of fun and very personable.

Sometimes I wonder why nobody says "twenty hundred" instead of two thousand. You say nineteen hundred and twenty one hundred, but not twenty hundred.

Two thousand = three syllables.

Twenty hundred = four syllables.

Simple math.

took my 7th graders to medieval times today. my goal, as always, is to make the princess laugh (it's been the same chick for the last four years and she's always stiff as a board and never breaks character). had a game plan and was going to tell her a couple of jokes as we always stand next to each other in the group photo before the show. got there today and discovered there's a new princess. she was fun and engaging and i really enjoyed meeting her (there's a new king as well). she was a lot of fun and very personable.

It's always the teachers that end up being the stalkers.

got one of those sample census things from the government.  It's just a simple way of showing the government has no freaking clue.  The Census consisted of 4 parts, started off with what a census should consist of.  Then it went into a 50, that's right, 50 question thing about incomes and such for EACH person in the family.  I skipped through most of it.  

i wonder why you got a census form now. we only do the census in years that end in zero. i'm guessing it's just a sampling midway between censuses.

Yeah, when I looked it up.  That's what it was.  Some kind of sampling.  It's just stupid what kind of questions a sampling census was asking.  

And if this is what the 2020 Census is going to look like.  I expect 99% of people won't answer it.  

Just got offered the job of Honors Program Adviser/Literacy Coach for next year.

It would take me out of the classroom completely. 

I'm torn.

yeah, that's a tough decision. Are you leaning towards either one? When do you have decide?

Ugg.  Just spent 3 hours picking someone up at LAX.  A)  it's raining so a 30 minute drive turns into a 45 minute drive.  B)  Secondary checkpoint for immigration, with no cell reception in that area, so I was circling playing bumper cars.  

I need a lot of drinks now.