• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Haren?

cut a deal with the Dogs -- the Dogs need to take on at least a quarter of his remaining contract -- perhaps 50%.

Look - Haren's coming back to a team where he may be the sixth guy in a five man rotation.

If we could get him real cheap -- why not take a flyer on him?  He pitched well for us before and last year for the Dogs (particularly second half) had more bad starts than good starts.

but may be worth a flyer.........of course we could deal for him and then he retires..........but then no harm, no foul.

cut a deal with the Dogs -- the Dogs need to take on at least a quarter of his remaining contract -- perhaps 50%.

Look - Haren's coming back to a team where he may be the sixth guy in a five man rotation.

If we could get him real cheap -- why not take a flyer on him? He pitched well for us before and last year for the Dogs (particularly second half) had more bad starts than good starts.

but may be worth a flyer.........of course we could deal for him and then he retires..........but then no harm, no foul.

Everyone wants to talk about penny pinching and not spending. There aren't a lot of guys out there willing to play for 2m - 5m a season who are #3-4 type starters. If the dodgers eat 3-5m on Haren I say do it. It's a nice piece to have while Skaggsy and Richards get healthy.

I hope they trade him to another team ... just to see if he's bluffing about retiring.

My buddy bartends at del frisco's at the Irvine spectrum. Haren goes in there once a week he says. He's had small talk with him. Haren said he loves being home and pretty much doesn't want to move again. He also said Haren has zero ounce of muscle on him and looks like he's never lifted a weight in his life lol.

He seems content but idk who leaves 10m on the table

Edited by nando714

nando714 -

well, penny pinching is pretty much where I think the F/O is right now.

Haren is a proven MLB starter, pitched well for us in his stint here.........

his Washington time didn't start out that well, but got better.

last year with the Dogs -- I agree with you -- he had more bad (and I mean bad) starts than good starts.

still, back to that penny pinching thing again...........you're pretty much down to a guy like Haren (if Dogs eat some of the contract) vs. LeBlanc.

toss a coin -- perhaps a penny..........

nando714 -

well, penny pinching is pretty much where I think the F/O is right now.

Haren is a proven MLB starter, pitched well for us in his stint here.........

his Washington time didn't start out that well, but got better.

last year with the Dogs -- I agree with you -- he had more bad (and I mean bad) starts than good starts.

still, back to that penny pinching thing again...........you're pretty much down to a guy like Haren (if Dogs eat some of the contract) vs. LeBlanc.

toss a coin -- perhaps a penny..........

Were you were in the "it's not our money" camp when we signed Pujols, Hamilton, and Wilson?