• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Four Killed in Jerusalem Synagogue Attack

The far right Israeli settlers don't want peace either.

This despicable act should have been condemned on every level. That said, I don't think this gives the Israelis a pass to start demolishing Palestinian homes again in Jerusalem. They're punishing the families that had absolutely nothing to do with the plot. How is that justifiable in any way?

Hamas condoned the attacks, and Hamas is widely supported among Palestians. It is nuts to think that a huge percentage of Palestinians -probably a majority - don't either similarly condone the attacks or, best case scenario, are merely ambivalent (which is still unacceptable).

The majority of Palestinians living in Israel don't support Hamas. To start bulldozing homes of the offenders' families is shades of North Korea. But Palestinians are one and the same to you, so what's the difference, right?

Who said Israel should bulldoze homes? I certainly didn't say that (though I am sure you will infer it from my posts). Any action taken by Israel against innocent Palestinians would be wrong.

The majority of Palestinians living in Israel don't support Hamas. To start bulldozing homes of the offenders' families is shades of North Korea. But Palestinians are one and the same to you, so what's the difference, right?

The Palestinians are the ones who voted Hamas into power.

We're not talking about the Palestinians living in Gaza. I'm pretty sure you know the difference.         

Of course, but just like us they have to suffer the consequences of the majority vote.  Even if we hate it.

That isn't to say it gives Israel any right to punish those living inside Israel.  However, I would not blame them for going after Hamas some right now since they are celebrating the attack and it was their words that spurred it.

Regardless, this will not ever end unless the Palestinians take the high road.  That is going to sound super unfair and it is, but that is my opinion of how they will ever have peace and a homeland they can truly call their own.

Edited by mtangelsfan

Just noting that this incident is being talked about as if it occurred in a vacuum of serenity and came out of nowhere. Just like in football it's the second shove that attracts the whistle.

To me that is silly.  Nothing occurs in a vacuum in the middle-east.  I doubt anyone thinks that way.  However trying to excuse the bad actions of anyone by referring to prior bad actions is weak sauce.

To me that is silly.  Nothing occurs in a vacuum in the middle-east.  I doubt anyone thinks that way.  However trying to excuse the bad actions of anyone by referring to prior bad actions is weak sauce.

Silly indeed but it certainly seems to be the way things are reported in the US. Not a peep until an Israeli dies.