• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels looking into Lester, Ichiro?

KevinJ14

Some players Angels are reviewing video on at the GM meetings: Jon Lester, Ichiro Suzuki, Aaron Poreda, Cory Gearrin.

Then there's this:

http://sportige.com/mlb-rumors-detroit-tigers-los-angeles-angels-interested-in-signing-ichiro-suzuki-11-10-2014/

So is Scotty at the meetings? Or was that second hand?

Can't say for sure what the sportige site is or whether not it's reputable. But I do have a contact within the organization that worked under Servais in TEX and was brought over as part of his team once Dipoto got him to come over as the AGM. Since then, this person has bounced around between a few different jobs depending on the time of year and organizational need.

Was told he's not involved in any conversations that would be considered major deals but is doing his due diligence as he does every year being a part of this team. Was told Kendrick to Toronto was dead in the water after no pitching was discussed and that the team is focusing on players 23-25 on the roster.

As for my own observation, if they are interested in Ichiro it's probably as a platoon DH and pinch runner and lefty bat off the bench. There definitely seems to be a role available for him but you gotta think he chases a full-time role before considering joining the Angels.

Ichiro is trash

It's the 3,000 hits fan money.   Look how great the move to get Albert's 500th hr and 3,000 hit has turned out.

Let's also trade for Arod to see his 660th, and 3,000 and lure Bonds out of retirement.

Asses in seats - the Anaheim Angels way!     Boy if this is true, it's really depressing to see plan B when all the ALCS, WS money never rolled in.

Ichiro looking for a full time gig?? Don't think that'll happen - he platooned last year for the Yankees......

having said that, I sort of like the Ichiro move if it happens -- the guy can still play but can play 162 games or even 145 -- but he Is insurance for a guy like Hamilton and still plays good D and still has that good arm from the OF.  

I think a lot of teams have watched the SF Giants and KC Royals success down the stretch and into the post-season playing old style small ball and a classic game -- Starters who can go five, six, a pen that shortens games, solid D all around and speed..........

Ichiro could fit that plan as a late inning PR and defensive replacement and he can still knock out base hits.

I kinda of like this, if it happens - of course, I've always like Ichiro, class act, good ballplayer........HOF'er in Japan and the US.  Why not end his career in Anaheim?

On the 3,000 hit milestone for Ichiro -- he has 2,844 right now and needs 156.

after that run of 11 years or whatever it was, straight years of 200 hit seasons, Ichiro hit totals have been 178, 136 and 102 the past three seasons, a three season average of 138.

as a platoon player, he'd need two seasons to get to 3,000.

still, I think he's worth a look -- am sure some other teams thinking the same thing.

Oddly enough, Ichiro is still Ichiro but only when facing LHP. His splits the last few years are that he crushes LHP and struggles against RHP. Sosh will of course ignore this because the standard book says that left handed hitters are normally better against RHP, Ichiro will only start against righties and hit about .260.

Edited by gurn67

Can't say for sure what the sportige site is or whether not it's reputable. But I do have a contact within the organization that worked under Servais in TEX and was brought over as part of his team once Dipoto got him to come over as the AGM. Since then, this person has bounced around between a few different jobs depending on the time of year and organizational need.

Was told he's not involved in any conversations that would be considered major deals but is doing his due diligence as he does every year being a part of this team. Was told Kendrick to Toronto was dead in the water after no pitching was discussed and that the team is focusing on players 23-25 on the roster.

As for my own observation, if they are interested in Ichiro it's probably as a platoon DH and pinch runner and lefty bat off the bench. There definitely seems to be a role available for him but you gotta think he chases a full-time role before considering joining the Angels.

you know, if i worked for the angels, it'd take me about 15 minutes of honest effort to find out who your source is, based off of all the info you just posted. i'm just sayin'.

Edited by ukyah

Oddly enough, Ichiro is still Ichiro but only when facing LHP. His splits the last few years are that he crushes LHP and struggles against RHP. Sosh will of course ignore this because the standard book says that left handed hitters are normally better against RHP, Ichiro will only start against righties and hit about .260.

there is so much truth here it hurts.